Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    So I have to ask how do you sam felt knowing her husband went to destiny in subversion
    you know, someday, with LOTS OF HOPE AND MORE HOPING, that 'sam's husband' phrase might be real...

~super hopes ~
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      I've read that one. I love pretty much everything Annerb writes. I'm not really a fluffer; so I like that she points out how difficult their lives would be, even though they will be together.

As much as I think having a mini-Sam around would make things better for mini-Jack, it still isn't completely satisfying to me. I'm not one of those Shippers who considers their relationships with the other characters extraneous. The clones would still be cut off from Daniel, Teal'c, Hammond, and additionally for Sam, Jacob and Mark. Essentially, everything and everyone that makes up the fabric of their lives. The "All I need is you, baby" mentality doesn't work for me.
      I love that story, too. Annerb is such a great writer.

However, if you're looking for a story that includes other mini team members, try Literatiwannabe's (aka Christi) “Sets of Two” - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2617890/1/Sets_of_Two

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        I guess I just hadn't ever thought about it that way. But then, except for the ship, I try not to over think TV.

Besides. We know what happened to the clone. He's in Forks, Washington, at a high school with family of vampires.

But it really isn't that much different than the robot clones is it? Sure--they're together, but they still have to leave everything else behind.

And the thing about Jack is that we never see any other family. We know he has a few friends, but he's lost Sara, and Charlie's gone, and as far as we know, there isn't anyone else. He is the archetypal loner.

I guess I'm just thinking about the opportunity that it is--to have a second chance bringing with him all the experience that would hopefully keep him from making the same mistakes. I can see him doing something peaceful rather than becoming a soldier. Having a little more perspective. Doing things that wouldn't scar him as much as the things he's already done.

Keep in mind, however, I also view Window of Opportunity as a funny episode--but the last few minutes of that are some of the most defining, powerful moments in the entire series. So, even thought the rest of it is light hearted, I can still see the drama in the alien archeaologist's dilemma there, too.

**shrugs** Who knows? It's all a matter of interpretation.

And we can still all be friends, even when we see things a little differently--because
        Jack Sam
        I think the episode was intended to be taken in a lighthearted way, and some people took it that way, and some didn't. Hence, the diversity of opinions. I don't think anyone's right or wrong about how they feel about this episode. Diversity's a good thing, right?

I personally didn't think too deeply about the implications of this ep until I started reading fanfic, and then realized that there were deeper issues involved (all nicely described by everyone here). For me, Annerb's and Literatiwannabe's fanfics have "solved" the deeper issues for me and made me feel better about Jack's outcome.

And, while we're on the subject of miniJack fanfics, I have to say that the stories that gave Jack the mentality and maturity of a 15 year old, instead of the seasoned 50something that he is -- and therefore portrayed him as chasing after teenage girls (who were probably around Charlie's age) -- made me think ICK! But, I digress....

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          There's another really cute story where throughout Sam's pregnancy, Jack insists he wants to name the baby "Carter", and Sam argues with him not to for the whole nine months. Guess who wins? (By cheating.) They already have two other children in that story.

The Naming Game, and sequel

Kids These Days both by Dream Weaver 85
          Thanks for sharing.. I'll be sure to check them out! I love shippy fanfic!

Comment

Jack and SGU...

Spoiler:
            Well...remember...it's only Jack's consciousness that went to Destiny, so the risk was pretty small. And considering some of the weird and far-out things Jack has already done in his life, wandering around an Ancient Ship in someone else's body was probably little more than an interesting footnote. Still...considering it's probably the most exciting thing he's done in a while, I could imagine him telling Sam all about it, and she would be simultaneously bemused by his enthusiasm and slightly envious of the opportunity to have had a gander at all that cool Ancient tech which he probably walked right by without so much as a glance...
            sigpic

Comment

Regarding the mini team if they did decide to clone the team (Sam, Daniel and Teal'c) what kinda of actors would be playing them I mean we already got Michael Welch as O'Neill so know we just gotta pick out three more.

Which brings me to my next point. How old would mini o'neill be in 2010? 21? Or 22?

Comment

Spoiler:
                Well...remember...it's only Jack's consciousness that went to Destiny, so the risk was pretty small. And considering some of the weird and far-out things Jack has already done in his life, wandering around an Ancient Ship in someone else's body was probably little more than an interesting footnote. Still...considering it's probably the most exciting thing he's done in a while, I could imagine him telling Sam all about it, and she would be simultaneously bemused by his enthusiasm and slighly envious of the opportunity to have had a gander at all that cool Ancient tech which he probably walked right by without so much as a glance
                And the fact that he ended up going the wrong way...

Comment

Well, not JACK, actually, but at least the actor that portrayed the mini-me. He plays the part of Mike in the Twilight movies.
                  You had me wondering there about Jack and vampires. I've never seen the Twilight films, so I had no idea what you were talking about. How freaky would it be if miniJack vampire went in search of Sam, to claim her for himself? To live eternity with him.
                  sigpic
                  I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

You had me wondering there about Jack and vampires. I've never seen the Twilight films, so I had no idea what you were talking about. How freaky would it be if miniJack vampire went in search of Sam, to claim her for himself? To live eternity with him.
                    I was having a similar conversation with a reviewer this morning. She mentioned that she wants to write a Twilight/SG-1 crossover and that got me to wondering about all kinds of weird stuff. Like, what would happen if a Goa'uld tried to take a vampire or werewolf as a host?

And I'm sure that Sam could figure out a way to wipe them all out--because she's good that way--but I have to admit that I dwelled for a good long time on that.

Oh yeah--and forever.
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Four Days 'til Ship Day!

What are you smiling at?

First Ship Day.

Yes. Four days.

You’ll have presents for us I’m sure.

I didn’t realize I was supposed to bring something to the party.

Comment

hlndncr, you are cracking me up with these. As soon as I saw Jonas, I immediately thought first Ship Day. Good one!
                        sigpic
                        I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Four Days 'til Ship Day!
                          (Continued)

Hey Teal’c, maybe you and I could come up with something together?

Are you suggesting an alien conspiracy, Jonas Quinn?

No, of course not.

Maybe I could bring food.

I am sure the Shippers will understand if you do not have anything to contribute.
                          They will simply be happy for making your presence known on the thread.

I’m sure I can figure something out. I’m a quick study.

Comment

Four Days 'til Ship Day!
                            (Continued again)

General Hammond, I’ve written my first Sam/Jack fic for Ship Day. I was hoping someone could Beta it for me.

Give me that.

No . . . wrong . . . awful.

This is worse than I thought. I’m not even in this.

Well no. I was under the impression that Ship Day was about the relationship between Col. O’Neill and Major Carter.

From what I understand, they don’t even like you.

This is ridiculous.

Comment

I tried to green you, but it wouldn't let me! So I'll GREEN you here!

You are TOO good at that! I've said it before and I'll say it again--YOU ROCK!
                              sigpic
                              My Stories: FFdotNet
                              My Stories AO3
                              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I tried to green you, but it wouldn't let me! So I'll GREEN you here!

You are TOO good at that! I've said it before and I'll say it again--YOU ROCK!
                                What she said! Brilliant.
                                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Working...
                                X