Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
    Re. clone Jack, I think the best way to have ended the episode would have been for him to die. No reset button.
    I know the episode was supposed to be fun, but it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Apart from the, in my opinion, bad scene with the pilots and Sam; I dislike the idea of a teenager with the experience and memories of a 40+ year old man 're-living' high school.
    The episode should have definitely been darker IMO. I have wondered the latter... I mean regardless of the body he's in - his brain is still way more mature than any of the girls. The other option would be a Mrs. Robinson scenario... :: cough cough :: Okay moving on... LOL

A lot of the these mini!Jack fics have Sam agreeing to come along at the very least. I actually have it in my own head that Jack would have probably drifted into a level of despair and maybe actually gone through with his original plans before the Stargate program (the plan with the gun) - a loss of the desire to live so to speak. Anyone read the Wheel of Time series 'round here (from where I get my user name)? Makes me think of a man who's been "gentled" so to speak. They just... stop living.

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
      I agree with both of you. It was tragic and disturbing for me. I too thought the clone should have died, you can't save everyone and this should have been one of the episodes where SG1 didn't prevail in the end.

The only thing I would say came close to funny for me was watching the actor that protrayed miniJack trying to act like Jack. He definitely had his mannerisms down.
      The kids and I watch that episode to admire how well the young actor came across as Jack. That scene with Sam and the fighter pilots always ticks me off!
      sigpic
      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
        The kids and I watch that episode to admire how well the young actor came across as Jack. That scene with Sam and the fighter pilots always ticks me off!
        He does do a great job! That scene always makes me angry as well. It's a slap in the face to Sam.

Err...

Comment

OT Pilot Scene:
          Spoiler:
          I always wondered if Cam was there. He would have been a part of that fighter group. It adds fuel to my fire about why I don't think Cam should have been put in charge of SG1 over Sam.

On Topic: + = FOREVER!

Comment

Speaking of mini-Jack: Rachel500 just updated her Aftershocks Series with a TAG to Fragile Balance.

*runs off to read*

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              Speaking of mini-Jack: Rachel500 just updated her Aftershocks Series with a TAG to Fragile Balance.

*runs off to read*
              Oh did she really have to go that way? I got to admit though I wasn't expecting that

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                Oh did she really have to go that way? I got to admit though I wasn't expecting that
                I was surprised too. And I loved it! Definitely a must read.

Comment

Excellent job Rachel!

Comment

Hi all!

I agree on the Fragile Balance front. It was an episode that was great for the humour, but would have packed so much more punch if there was despair and angst at the end. You know that old adage (that I actually can't remember the wording of...) Something like 'draw them in with a laugh and hook them with a tear'...or something like that...something along the lines of what was achieved in Heroes...although, in saying that, perhaps that's why they didn't go down that road, already having that effect in the season...

*runs off to read Rachel's tag*

(hope you all are well, Ship Family xoxo)
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay, OT, (it does have to do with an S/J vid I'm working on!) but I have a question.

Does anyone know of an episode that has a mothership exploding. Preferably, just one mothership exploding. However, at this point, I'll take what I can get. Thanks for your help, family!

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                        Okay, OT, (it does have to do with an S/J vid I'm working on!) but I have a question.

Does anyone know of an episode that has a mothership exploding. Preferably, just one mothership exploding. However, at this point, I'll take what I can get. Thanks for your help, family!

Maybe the season premier of season 2? I can't remember the name of the episode off the top of my head. The one where they gated to Apophis' ship headed to earth?
                        sigpic
                        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Um...what's the one with the mines? err...Serpents Venom? That might...
                          sigpic

Comment

Or the one where they Anubis gets the eye of Ra and he systematically disposes of all the other Goa'uld's ships. . . Full Circle. I just went and looked at the screen caps, and there are a bunch there.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                              Maybe the season premier of season 2? I can't remember the name of the episode off the top of my head. The one where they gated to Apophis' ship headed to earth?
                              Keeping that in mind, but there are two ships, right?

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                              Um...what's the one with the mines? err...Serpents Venom? That might...

This could work!

Thanks, Amy! Thanks, Bekki!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                Or the one where they Anubis gets the eye of Ra and he systematically disposes of all the other Goa'uld's ships. . . Full Circle. I just went and looked at the screen caps, and there are a bunch there.
                                I think I thought about that one, but it would be too much. Thanks for the help! This is why I love the ship family!

Comment

Working...
                                X