Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
    BEST. ONE. YET!!!! I laughed so hard - you pretty much have 'em covered! Cept for poor Lt. Graham Simmons... remember him? But then I suppose you would have to squeak in Nefreyu as well
    Thanks. My favorite so far is Teal'c. I just love the idea of him enforcing the will of the Shippers.

You will give us a third movie, and there will be confirmation.

Jonas lovers should enjoy tomorrow's offering.

Alas, Lt. Simmons was on my list. I just couldn't find a place to fit him into the story. I like him; whereas, I mostly loathe all of Sam's Exs.

Comment

Jack says Danny boy in Holiday too. When they are going to switch bodies at the end. I enjoyed the humor of Teal'c and Jack switching bodies in that episode but it would have been amusing if Jack and Sam had switched bodies for a little awhile too.
      Hoo-boy. I went straight into the gutter, there.

Edit: huh. With my 2k posts, custom avatar and cake comes a promotion. I'm now the grade I was when I bid adieu to the USAF. Cool. I should stop posting so I can stay a Major. Lol.
      Uh--NO. That's an order, missy! Totally NOT allowed.

Five Days 'til Ship Day!
      I snipped the rest of that little episode, but just had to say--Genius. You rock!
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        And then other people will look at you strangely and think that perhaps you're a little "odd". Although I will freely admit to cutting up an old SG-1 calendar and putting the big pictures up on my wall. And then I cut the smaller strips of pics and have laminated them and use them as bookmarks. SO--I'm right there with you.
        My family think (or should I say know) I'm obsessed as it is! But that's certainly an idea for my calendar. I must try to be strong, I can live without ship and fluff and angst.........

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          There's another really cute story where throughout Sam's pregnancy, Jack insists he wants to name the baby "Carter", and Sam argues with him not to for the whole nine months. Guess who wins? (By cheating.) They already have two other children in that story.

The Naming Game, and sequel

Kids These Days both by Dream Weaver 85
          Thanks for sharing those! They were so cute and fluffy!
          sigpic
          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
            Haha,, nice pet names XD Darlin' could work for me, maybe hon, too. I have a personal dislike of "baby", but that's just me. IF they call each other pet names, I'd be something that doesn't make the other sound tooth-ache sweet or ridiculous cute, I guess.
            I've always professed that 'baby' might be a cultural thing. Throughout much of the English speaking world I know it's considered to be rather derogatory in nature: "Hey, baby!" Around these parts (Wisconsin/Iilinois and I suspect Minnesota which is what makes this relevant) it's generally used as a fairly intimate sort of name. Even my husband, who uses absolutely no other pet names for anyone that I can think of, will call me it under certain circumstances like when I'm very upset about something. So I actually can see Jack using it to Sam - but not as an everyday endearment.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
              Wow. Angsty fanfic prompt, anyone? Sam and Jack either trying for a baby or at least knowing it could happen, and then Sam gets the news that she won't be able to have any.
              Surprisingly, cause I usually avoid angst, I've already written one Which I already linked so I won't again lol.

Comment

Fic Rec Second Secerts
                sigpic
                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  Five Days 'til Ship Day!
                  *snipped*
                  This was great! I told you with all these Pre-Ship day goodies, I am definitely looking forward to the actual Ship Day ones.

Hoo-boy. I went straight into the gutter, there.
                  Don't go too far in. I read a story based on Holiday with Jack and Sam switching bodies that had a mature level. Very disturbing for me. I wouldn't have minded it for a little bit at the end when they were doing musical bodies.

EDIT - I almost forgot again. Congrats on reaching 2000 posts Major Pol.
                  sigpic
                  I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Congrats on 2000 Pol!!!!
                    sigpic
                    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Don't go too far in. I read a story based on Holiday with Jack and Sam switching bodies that had a mature level. Very disturbing for me. I wouldn't have minded it for a little bit at the end when they were doing musical bodies.
                      I find a good deal of M-rated stuff disturbing. That's why I don't read it (normally). Every once in a while, I'll be recced something that's tasteful and well written, but some of it--WOW. **shudders**

And Odd Question sorta OT:
                      Spoiler:
                      And I was working this morning, and got to thinking. Has anyone ever asked the actors during one of the conventions if they've ever read fanfic based on the show? I'd be interested to see what they think about it.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I think I've heard that AT has read some. I think I read it in one of her interviews a few years ago here at GW. Don't quote me though.
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I find a good deal of M-rated stuff disturbing. That's why I don't read it (normally). Every once in a while, I'll be recced something that's tasteful and well written, but some of it--WOW. **shudders**

And Odd Question sorta OT:
                          Spoiler:
                          And I was working this morning, and got to thinking. Has anyone ever asked the actors during one of the conventions if they've ever read fanfic based on the show? I'd be interested to see what they think about it.
                          sort of OT:
                          Spoiler:
                          I don't remember where I read it, but I recall something saying that Amanda had read some fanfiction (apparently some of the more smutty stuff) and she was really embarrassed by the kind of stuff in it. I don't recall if it said she'd read any of the better stuff. However, I think there's some sort of rule saying the actors and producers are not allowed to read fanfiction, in case they get an idea from something somebody else wrote and then put it into an episode. I don't know how true it is, but I read a post here on GW quite awhile back where somebody said they wrote a story much like the one in SGA about the young girl wraith, and about six months later the story wound up as an episode on SGA, almost word for word, except with a little change in the characters. I don't know how true that was, though.

Comment

I know the producers don't read any fics. I really can't say for sure if any of the actors have.
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

hlndncr, did you ever find the Teal'c First Shipper smiley?

Oh yeah -

Jack and Sam,
                              Kissing at the lake,
                              First comes marriage,
                              then comes cake.

I know it's bad, but hey it's Jack and Sam related.
                              sigpic
                              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Hello. I love making art with Sam and Jack. I would like to show you my best arts.

I hope you like them. It is a pleasure for me and for my eyes to work with pictures of them.
                                Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                                / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Working...
                                X