Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Lovely Bren! I like the idea! Creative!
    Thanks! The background nebula has been my desktop background for the last few days, and this little idea of that center hole being some sort of window through realities came to mind. I *really* love Alternate Universes, y'know! And suddenly I saw that image pop in through the window, so I had to make it *real*, as it were. The text... dunno where that came from. I think my muse burped.
    Last edited by BrenRen; 16 February 2010, 02:18 PM. Reason: To make it pretty! :D
    Love and hot fudge,
    Bren Ren
    ~
    My stories!
    ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post

thats pure genius! i love it
      ROFLMAO!!! I second that!
      Love and hot fudge,
      Bren Ren
      ~
      My stories!
      ~

sigpic

Comment

Thank you ladies!
        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
        "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

I come back and you all are talking about chocolate - hands down I love Lindt better than Godiva or even Ghirardelli's.

Er.

And I totally think Sam would be all about Lindt too. It'd be in a care package to Atlantis. Along with... other... things... 'er...

Comment

Okay--we were all talking about this yesterday, but this made me laugh when I saw it. . .

Figure Skating. . .

I can see Sam being interested in this, and Jack laughing at it. . .
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Funny SG OT:

Spoiler:
              One of my best friends arrived yesterday and while we were playing on the PS3, I toppled over because I hadn't slept the previous night and I went to bed to wake up to an extreme giggling fit from her. (I got my own app and live on my own - so basically my home is their home - they know where the food is, the toilet, the bath, the DVD's, the bed) and I ran to the living room and there she was:

watching Window of Oppertunity, her face red and eyes teary because of the laughing, her hand wrapped around this: (which if you like that sort of thing, equals Godiva IMHO) and Emily (my Raggie) looking at her with a tilted head, thinking she was going slighty mad).

But she's got leave now , and drive back to England, so I'm here again , which brings me back on topic:

She wants to start and see every single episode from the beginning which brought me back to my Shippy Episode Reviews. I haven't been able to do them because of lack of time and because one episode takes up to 2,5 hours to do (because LOL I see some Sam and Jack scenes frame by frame) but since I have more time now, I'm gonna pick that up again.

Pol, gonna send ya an email to see how we can continue that .

Therefor, for those who don't know what the hell I'm babbling about , I'll re-post all today .

Starting with:

Shippy Review Children of the Gods

Part 1: and the original CotG, I might add

Scene 1: Ah their first meeting!

: I take it you're Colonel O'Neill. Captain Samantha Carter reporting, Sir."

When she's defending herself to Jack saying she's been preparing for this all her life, you can just see him stare at her. STARE! Like he's drowning in those blue eyes of her . He's annoyed, yes but there's also an admiration coming from him for Sam and he's curious about her.

The whole doctor/rank/captain reference; he just blinks and stares yet again. He's met his match in this incredible strong -not-gonna-back-off- woman.

: I'm an Air Force officer just like you are Colonel. (notice how he almost shudders; not used to have someone talk to him like that) And just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle.

And he gives a half-smile! He actualy smiles. Bless him. And there he was thinking he was a hard cookie...now he actually found someone that wasn't blown away by him. Whom wouldn't be talked down or would crumble by his harsh remarks.

: Oh this has nothing to do with you being a woman. I like women. I just got a little problem with scientists.

Oh, the tension! The tension! They could lit up Australia with the sparks flying around in that room . They just have an amazing chemistry.(((Amanda&Rick)))

During this scene Sam's constantly responding to his jokes. When he tells Simmons he's; 'mister glass half empty'. She snickers and looks down at the table.

As the briefing ends, everyone stands up and the camera zooms in on Sam. She looks up at Jack, face open; challenged but intrigued by this man. He's not looking at her but she stops collecting her things and continues gazing at him. (yes I say that's gazing because that's NOT a normal military-I'm-in-his-chain-of-command-friendly-look!)

Jack turns his gaze to her, noticing she's gazing at him and kinda gives a small smile. Yes, this is in my top-ten 'gazing moments', WoO being the first .

Scene 2: They're moving out to bring Daniel back and as the team goes up the ramp and through the Stargate, Jack's watching Sam and not his team going through. He's actually watching Sam the entire time.

: Good, well I was gonna say: 'ladies first'.

Notice how Sam is not thrown back by his comment.

: You know, you really will like me when you get to know me.
              : I adore you already, Captain.

: You can actually see the fluctutation in the event horizon!
              Then Jack pushes her through. LMAO! Such a great scene.

And instead of using her backpack to push her through, he grabbed her shoulder .

End Part 1

Comment

Part 2

Scene 3: They come through the Gate - hard. Sam's on the floor, trying not to throw up and Jack comes through. He looks around and the first person he goes to is Sam.

: Maybe you shouldn't had that big lunch, huh?
                He pats her on her upper arm and though it was a snarl towards her, his facial expression is soft.

Scene 4:

: Amazing! This is what's been missing from the dig in Giza. This is how they controlled it. It took us fifteen years and three super computers to MacGyver a system for the Gate on Earth!"

The reactions both Jack and Daniel are giving at her MacGyver joke are actually the real reactions of Rick and Micheal.

Scene 5: The dinner

Right from the start of this scene, as the camera gives us an overall scene. Watch how Sam and Jack are sitting next to each other. (if Sam thought he couldn't stand her, would she take a seat next to him? And if Jack really didn't like her, wouldn't he take a seat next to Kawalsky or Ferreti?)

Sam's holding something in her hands as they're talking; oblivious to the others in the room and Jack indicates to what she's holding, almost touching her knee and hand with his. Very much in her personal space.

Skaara gives Jack the moonshine and during this whole banter, Sam's smiling and laughing ALL THE TIME! (I kinda miss that in later seasons) Of course there are no feelings of love so it's all in good fun but when they do start getting those feelings; it does get a bit more serious. Up until they'd finally had that talk (off screen that I believe started their real relationship). You can see her being more bubbly and comfortable around Jack and towards him.

She's constantly watching him; his hair, his ears, his face, his hands.

Then he takes a drink of the moonshine and spits it out, Sam backs away; laughing her head off and having fun. But notice when the camera pans back to an overall view, her hand was on his back. (yes I see a lot of scenes in slow motion )

So he spits it out, some ending back in the cup and he passes it on to Sam!

Scene 6: Briefing

:It'll take time to calculate but it should spit out two or three destinations a month.

When she finishes saying this, everyone's looking at Hammond to reply but you can see Jack leaning forward to look at her and in the end he's the only one still looking at her. I think this is one of his first; 'damn she's way smarter than I am' moments .

Scene 7:

: Carter?
                : I set up a line of Claymores along that ridge at ten meters intervals.
                : Sound about right Kawalsky?
                Kawalsky: Yeah that'll work.

They are obviously taking the piss out of Sam but she only gives Kawalsky a dirty/annoyed look but not Jack. If I would've been in her situation, I would throw him a dirty look too...even if he couldn't see it, it would give me satisfaction, you know.

Sidenote: it's some of Sam's Claymores that save them in the end when they blast them to get rid of numerous Jaffa.

Sidenote 2: I totally forgot about the full nudity! They cut it out before airing it, I think, but it's still on on the dvd's.

Scene 8: Reaching Chulak
                You know during their walk for camp, leaving Kawalsky, going and getting to Chulak; there's more eye communicaton going on between Sam/Jack than Jack/Daniel. I mean being friends wouldn't Jack and Daniel react to each other first? There's already something going on between Jack and Sam. Not romantically or anyting but a bond being created. They are trying to catch each other's reaction to things quite often.

End Part 2

Comment

Lara your reviews are not only FANTASTIC and i love it and defiantely agree with everything you've said...

but they also have incredibly eerie timing as i literally just started re-watching stargate today...
                  sigpic
                  thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Part 3

Scene 9: Dinner
                    When they're sitting down at the table, they're constantly brushing each other's arms. Ok, this scene calls out for them to sit really close but it isn't necessary to invade their personal spaces in such a way.

Scene 10: Children of the Gods
                    When they're choosing the children, Jack gets pushed back quite roughly by a staff weapon and we see Sam's immidiate concern for him.

When they choose Skaara, Jack jumps up and if you look closely you can see Sam's hand reaching for Jack's back but she stops. Seemed a weird gesture to do to me. It's a stressing situation so maybe I'm looking too much into it but it did seem she wanted to reassure him .

As they knock Jack down, both him and Daniel are bruised but Sam's body is turned towards Jack. As Jack gets back up again, we see Sam's hand leaving the spot its been at in the previous scene; his leg.

Scene 11: SG-2 to the rescue
                    As the deathglider is shot down, Jack and Sam are standing next to each other. They both turn to look up at Kawalsky and his team and they are standing REALLY close together. If you would stand so close to someone you just met, you'll get a dirty look and the person will step back.

But they are touching. Shoulder to shoulder. Arm against arm. At a point Jack sticks his fist up in triumph and he pushes his body into Sam's and when she laughs at Kawalsky, she leans back into him.

Scene 12: Skaara
                    When Skaara uses the hand device on Jack and exits through the Gate, Kawalksy, Daniel and Sam come running down the hill towards him. Sam actually comes running in hard and when she nears him; she stands really close. Too close as you can see that she bumps against his arm with her body.

When Kawalsky orders Sam to set up more Claymores, Jack says: 'negative that's my job'. By doing so, he orders Sam near the Gate so she can go through and if the **** hits the fan, he'll be the last one through and not Sam.

As they run towards the Gate, they again bump into each other, arms brushing. I don't know what it is with these two but they're in each other's personal space A LOT.

Well that's it for Children of the Gods

Comment

hi! im off of moderation!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I absolutely love it Lara!! *huggles*

are you doing this for more episodes?

Edit: Congrats Shooting Star 7!!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Shippy Review The Enemy Within

Scene 1: Discussing Planets

You can see Jack and Kawalsky arguing about whom should take what planet and as they start humorously discussing it, we see Sam starting to smile at the discussion but Hammond gives a look at Sam and she just gives a quick (hiding the fact she was smiling) nod; returning her attention back at the Colonel.

She smiles again and has to look down from laughing out loud. She's so clearly enjoying his humor. See Hammond is getting annoyed with them two and Daniel just stares at them; not amused. Sam's the only one openly snickering. And as Hammond tells them he'll be the one deciding where they'd be going; you can see Sam snapping back in military mode. You can actually see her emotionally correcting herself.

Scene 2:

Jack's standing next to Sam when Hammond gives Kawalsky a go to go to the infirmary and watch as Kawalsky goes by them. (the scene's serious)

But as Kawalsky grins to Jack, Sam's ALREADY grinning and looking down at the floor to hide her smile and as Kawalsky grins to Jack and passes them, you can see Jack's also holding back a huge grin. What's going on there?

It could've been an inside joke between Kawalsky and Jack or Jack just grinning at Kawalsky for leading his first team but why is Sam so clearly amused? Hammond and Daniel (whom are standing next to them) aren't smiling at all. Could as well be Rick goofing around and Amanda reacting to it.

Scene 3: Iris
                          : So this iris is gonna hold, right?
                          : Pure titanium less than three micrometers from the event horizon. It won't even allow matter to fully reintegrate.
                          : So this iris is gonna hold, right?
                          : If it doesn't the failsafe device will detonate and this whole mountain will vaporize and there will be nothing to worry about.
                          : Ah, good. I feel much better.

Sam almost, almost rolls her eyes at him .

Scene 4:

Sidenote: As Sam's with Kawalsky in the elevator and when he pushes her back for the second time and Sam smacks against the wall and slumps down; passed out? Well that's actually Amanda being passed out because of her head knocking so hard against the elevator wall. (It was funny to know that O'Shea told Amanda 'that maybe God was giving her signs; telling her something. You know maybe she shouldn't do all her own stunts as she is extremely clumsy'. Her words, not mine )

Scene 5: Briefing

As the camera shows us everybody sitting around the table, just before Hammond walks in, watch Sam and Jack in the top left corner. His attention is on her, they're talking, her hands are clasped together but his hand is against/almost on her leg.

When Hammond enters. They stand to attention and when they sit back down, Sam looks at Jack. He gives her an 'are-you-okay-look' and she softly nods, he then reaches over and places his hand on her arm and squeezes it, she smiles reassuringly at him. (it could also be Rick trying to check if Amanda's okay) Either way I always loved that scene!

Scene 6: Departing

I love how they always put Sam and Jack next to each other when they Gate off. I find it a better military decision to put Daniel between them as he has no military experience. Well not as much as Jack and Sam do. But what do I know? I'm not in the military .

That's The Enemy Within for ya

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                            Pol, are those pics from episodes or are they the "gallery" shots like those on GateWorld? Soo sweet.
                            I didn't see her answer this, but they're behind the scenes of Rick and Amanda. Unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                              Lara your reviews are not only FANTASTIC and i love it and defiantely agree with everything you've said...

but they also have incredibly eerie timing as i literally just started re-watching stargate today...
                              Keaira, you can see all we've got thus far (and, ahem, their Campfire tie-ins, here. It's a work in progress, right Lena???)
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                My parent's anniversary is 15 Feb and every year they go out and buy a pile of discounted Valentine's day Godiva and Frango (Marshall Field's local department store brand) chocolate. Uhmmm.....

Yeah.

I've been craving chocolate for days. *sigh.*
                                *passes virtual chocolate to everybody*....

Comment

Working...
                                X