Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
    I have the ticket! *waves it around* I have a golden ticket, I have a golden ticket! I'm going to the Stargate Con!
    YAY!!! *throws confetti*
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I have the ticket! *waves it around* I have a golden ticket, I have a golden ticket! I'm going to the Stargate Con!
      This is me. . .

JEALOUS!!!!

sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Ok, all this con talk has me wondering... Anyone going to San Diego Comic-Con?
        I'm going all alone

So, I watched my first episode of season 9... I don't really like Mitchell but I love Vala and Landry
        Can't wait to get to the good episodes

sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Erin_emm View Post
          Ok, Thank you people who told me about the episode and Happy Birthday to whoevers birthday it is .
          I figured I'd do a large post with various points and hope someone helps me since i only ever lurk in the character/ ship threads - mer - I'm a romantic . Ok 'cause I'm just getting into stargate again I need episode recs... feel free to bombard me with suggestions the more the better. Also, I would love to do my own sig so if anyone has a tutorial or knows of one I'd really appreciate the advice. Thank you
          I'm not sure if you're looking for shippy episodes but for me any episode with both Sam and Jack is shippy.

I set a limit to three episodes per season and then picked the three that I would watch right now. If you ask me again next month I'll probably pick different ones. The only season I had trouble with is seven. If I wasn't limiting to three I would say everything from Evolution to the end.

S1
          Emancipation
          The Broca Divide
          Solitudes
          S2
          The Tok'ra, Part 1
          The Tok'ra, Part 2
          Out of Mind
          S3
          Into the Fire
          Urgo
          Nemesis
          S4
          Small Victories
          The Other Side
          Entity
          S5
          Desperate Measures
          Menace
          Revelations
          S6
          The Other Guys
          Cure
          Paradise Lost
          S7
          Death Knell
          Heroes, Part 1
          Heroes, Part 2
          S8
          Zero Hour
          Affinity
          Threads

Comment

Olympic (no spoilers though) OT:
            Spoiler:
            OMG!!! That semifinal Canada/Slovakia game. My heart may never be the same after that 3rd period!
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
              Olympic (no spoilers though) OT:
              Spoiler:
              OMG!!! That semifinal Canada/Slovakia game. My heart may never be the same after that 3rd period!
              Me neither!!

Oh and I'm jealous too of Stargate Con! I expect a full report!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                {{snipped}}
                What's the Shippy take on the episode 2001? I was watching it, and there are a lot of cute little looks between Carter and O'Neill, but then she accepts Faxon's dinner invite right in front of Jack! Is this a case of "can't protest too much and around suspicion"? Or is she genuinely interested in the Ambassador? I'm seriously wondering what the rest of you think about this. . .

And if this is something that you all have rehashed over and over and over, please feel free to say, "Shut up, Sharon."
                I would never tell anyone to shut up or anything like it. If somebody wants to talk about Sam and Jack I'm all over it. I'm sure every shippy aspect of 2001 has been discussed many times here but there are lots of newbies here now so another discussion will be a new discussion, not a rehash. Hey, maybe we'll even inspire some to delurk?!?!

I felt she was interested in Joe. Who wouldn't be? He's gorgeous, charming and I'll bet he smells like Old Spice! *snickers* (I'm sorry but that new Old Spice commercial is burned into my brain. Soooo hilarious!) Sam and Jack don't consider themselves to be a couple. Yes, they've acknowledged deeper feelings for each other but that doesn't mean they have to be or even can be together. One way to test that is to see if some other person causes the same sparks.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                  I'm not sure if you're looking for shippy episodes but for me any episode with both Sam and Jack is shippy.

I set a limit to three episodes per season and then picked the three that I would watch right now. If you ask me again next month I'll probably pick different ones. The only season I had trouble with is seven. If I wasn't limiting to three I would say everything from Evolution to the end.
                  Thank you soooo much and to everyone who suggested episodes. i just wanted some to get me back into it again since I accidentally caught one on TV and then really wanted to watch more. but thats one reason I love stargate - you can do that - come away from it then go back to it and love just as much as before - it never gets old!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                    I would never tell anyone to shut up or anything like it. If somebody wants to talk about Sam and Jack I'm all over it. I'm sure every shippy aspect of 2001 has been discussed many times here but there are lots of newbies here now so another discussion will be a new discussion, not a rehash. Hey, maybe we'll even inspire some to delurk?!?!

I felt she was interested in Joe. Who wouldn't be? He's gorgeous, charming and I'll bet he smells like Old Spice! *snickers* (I'm sorry but that new Old Spice commercial is burned into my brain. Soooo hilarious!) Sam and Jack don't consider themselves to be a couple. Yes, they've acknowledged deeper feelings for each other but that doesn't mean they have to be or even can be together. One way to test that is to see if some other person causes the same sparks.
                    Those Old Spice commercials crack me up (also I'm on a horse... LOL). She accepts this dinner invitation but just like when she dated Pete I don't think she sees anything serious with it. This is S 5 when Jack's gone cold - now I'm just musing - but could it be subconsciously she wants to see Jack's reaction? I don't think it would have been in the forefront of her mind but as we see in "Grace" (from my Jack cap of how she imagine him) - she really doesn't know how he feels. RDA acts that scene phenomenally in that his eyes are devoid of the usual longing and intensity we the audience have seen repeatedly.

Sam's mental image of Jack looking at her (look at his eyes...):

And here's the REAL Jack:

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                      Those Old Spice commercials crack me up (also I'm on a horse... LOL). She accepts this dinner invitation but just like when she dated Pete I don't think she sees anything serious with it. This is S 5 when Jack's gone cold - now I'm just musing - but could it be subconsciously she wants to see Jack's reaction? I don't think it would have been in the forefront of her mind but as we see in "Grace" (from my Jack cap of how she imagine him) - she really doesn't know how he feels. RDA acts that scene phenomenally in that his eyes are devoid of the usual longing and intensity we the audience have seen repeatedly.
                      I'm not sure she wants to see Jack's reaction.. necessarily. But I do think a part of her craves 'that sort' of attention, and I really don't think she gets it that much (she even seems a bit surprised when Pete gives it to her.) And like you said, I don't think she sees anything serious in it, and Jack's been cool towards her, so really, she has no reason not to spend time with a person who makes her feel good.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                        I'm not sure she wants to see Jack's reaction.. necessarily. But I do think a part of her craves 'that sort' of attention, and I really don't think she gets it that much (she even seems a bit surprised when Pete gives it to her.) And like you said, I don't think she sees anything serious in it, and Jack's been cool towards her, so really, she has no reason not to spend time with a person who makes her feel good.
                        That's probably a better way to put it because I certainly don't think it's conscious - I don't think she's thinking "Oh I wonder how Jack'll react" - just that she primarily thinks it would be fun to go out with Joe and maybe a little piece of is looking at Jack going "does he notice" - but it's not something she's really aware of, it's an unthought feeling that partially motivates her to accept in front of Jack.

But yeah the craving thing - I agree.

Comment

Shippers!

I somehow succeeded hacking into Sam's laptop (which was surprisingly easy, I might add) and I got this screenshot to share with y'all:

Spoiler:

Comment

That's really rather awesome, Tachyon. And hey, look, Sam's desktop looks eerily like mine!
                            sigpic

Comment

That's probably a better way to put it because I certainly don't think it's conscious - I don't think she's thinking "Oh I wonder how Jack'll react" - just that she primarily thinks it would be fun to go out with Joe and maybe a little piece of is looking at Jack going "does he notice" - but it's not something she's really aware of, it's an unthought feeling that partially motivates her to accept in front of Jack.

But yeah the craving thing - I agree.
                              That's how I saw it, too. I know that 5 and 6 are less shippy seasons as a whole, but I really was bothered by how she accepted his invite in front of the Colonel--and his roll of the eyes in that moment was kind of odd.

I think that his "cooling" off is mostly due to him trying NOT to want her. I think that he's realizing that he's got to put the brakes on and try to get over it. I'm not sure that she knows what to do with that. Everything (presumably) is non-spoken between them, so they don't have any understanding other than "leaving it in the room".

I just know that I would have been totally uncomfortable accepting that date with the guy I'm really attracted to and the one I have to work everyday with right behind me.

On the other hand (REALLY the other hand--like, on someone else) maybe it's a game that they play amongst themselves. Who knows? People have been known to play weirder flirting games. . .(I don't think that's true, but it adds a different flavor to the scene, and would kind of explain Jack's reaction to it.)
                              sigpic
                              My Stories: FFdotNet
                              My Stories AO3
                              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                I think that his "cooling" off is mostly due to him trying NOT to want her. I think that he's realizing that he's got to put the brakes on and try to get over it. I'm not sure that she knows what to do with that. Everything (presumably) is non-spoken between them, so they don't have any understanding other than "leaving it in the room".
                                Absolutely. I really think, especially after Entity, Jack was trying to *not* love Sam. I think the events of that episode *really* scared him, because as he said in WoO, he really couldn't go through losing someone he loved again... and Entity was just too close. Plus I think he blamed himself for Sam being the Entity's target in the first place. So I think he pulled back to try to protect himself as much as to protect her... And it worked so well she became convinced he no longer cared.

I could go into it more, but it's pretty much the point of my Being There series, and honestly fanfiction is usually a lot simpler way of explaining things through showing than exposition can ever do through telling

So lets just say I agree completely and leave it at that lol

Comment

Working...
                                X