Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    lol. Sure. I'm about to switch it over myself until Valenship. Though I also made my actual Valenship one yesterday.

I'm absolutely crazy about that one... but. must. wait. *sigh*

EDIT: But... lookie. Couldn't resist my Valenship invite sig *and* a preview of my Valenship sig in my avi
    Thanks!
    Oh I can't wait for your other one!

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    Jann says, "You could make this a series."

The stenos said, "Heck, yeah!"

Interruptus 2: Not Spilling
    I shall definetly read after I get out of class
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
      Yeah, nothin' worse than premature evacuation. Yeah, I know. That was really, really bad...

Crack?!
      That wasn't "Crack!"... That was pure Gutter! I'm impressed!

Well, it's not to the *whole* song, but I did use part of it it in this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TgYQjXqBTI

Might that be the one you were thinking of?
      RE: Bolded....ROTFL.

And the video...seriously funny stuff.
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Hi folks,

Dropping off a quick fic. An Embrace Me to get me back into the swing. Enjoy.
        Very sweet. Thanks for the link! I enjoyed it.
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I'm waiting for the finish of my vid render...I think that I'll read a ff in the meantime!
          But before I'd like to ask a thing...
          Almost all the members of this thread have English as first language, don't they?
          So, I always wondered why in English it's possible to use I love you in many ways. I mean, if I'm not wrong, I can say "I love you" also to friends, children or people that I care. Not only to my lover. I always found it so weird...
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            I'm waiting for the finish of my vid render...I think that I'll read a ff in the meantime!
            Almost all the members of this thread have English as first language, don't they?
            So, I always wondered why in English it's possible to use I love you in many ways. I mean, if I'm not wrong, I can say "I love you" also to friends, children or people that I care. Not only to my lover. I always found it so weird...
            You aren't wrong. You can say "I love you" to parents, siblings, children, family members (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.), friends, lovers, cats, dogs, gerbils, hamsters ... pretty much anything. It just means something slightly different, depending on who you are saying it to or what you are saying it about.

In SG1, though she's never said it, I'm quite sure Sam "loves" Daniel, Teal'c, Hammond, Janet, Cassie (she did tell Cassie she loved her IIRC), and a bunch of other people, but all those are soooooo different from the way she "loves" Jack. Same can be said for and about Jack's feelings.

Comment

My first language is English, but I lived in Argentina for a while, so I also speak Spanish. But the intricacies of "love" language, and "humor" language are often the last ones to be understood by second language learners. I didn't understand jokes there for the longest time, and I know that I would try to translate a joke and it would fall flat. It took a while to understand linguistically why something was funny.

Although, come to think of it, my jokes often fall flat in English, too. Hey!
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

YESSSSS! (((HUGGLES))) That's it!!! Why couldn't I find that? I did think it was yours but I looked and couldn't find it and now it's there and what the heck is wrong with me?? Thank you Thank you! I'm so happy!! I'm not crazy after all.

Comment

Yeah, nothin' worse than premature evacuation. Yeah, I know. That was really, really bad...
                  Yes. Like I said really poor Jack...

And Sam too btw...she couldn't even reel the fish in without him there

Nope, English isn't my first language! Perhaps you had already noticed it lol but like people said you can say it to many people...still IMHO I think it is a word that is over used(plus some issues with my ex-bf still saying it wrong ...ugh)

I love S/J he he
                  sigpic

Comment

Who was making the list of Sam and Jack checking each other out? I just noticed Sam checking out Jack in the end scene of The Broca Divide after she says "You were?" and he looks at her and says "Sure!" When he looks away she checks him out.

Comment

Language OT:
                      Spoiler:

English is not necessarily the best language of love. "I love you" can and does indeed have many different meanings depending on the context in which it is spoken. But it is still considered by most to be the definitive phrase for confirming *romantic* love between two lovers.

On a side note, I've always been particularly fascinated by the concept of the masculine versus feminine versions of words in foreign languages. Like "ami" versus "amie" (the masculine and feminine versions of the French word for "friend") or "cher" versus "cherie" ("dear"). Really, I think I just like them because they look pretty. Just like I like the Brittish-English spelling of words like "colour", "behaviour", etc. They're just prettier in Brittish. Yeah, I am an artist through and through...

Last edited by BrenRen; 28 January 2010, 10:25 AM.
                      Love and hot fudge,
                      Bren Ren
                      ~
                      My stories!
                      ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                        Who was making the list of Sam and Jack checking each other out? I just noticed Sam checking out Jack in the end scene of The Broca Divide after she says "You were?" and he looks at her and says "Sure!" When he looks away she checks him out.
                        I was *looking* for a list of such moments. Still haven't found one, and I kinda got distracted before I could make my own, though I may well get that compiled when I do my next Shippy re-watch. Which may be sooner than I had planned... cause...

Mostlly OT RL saga...
                        Spoiler:
                        I met a boy. And I like him. I knew I was in trouble the moment I laid eyes on him. He's cute. And me and *cute* tend to be *trouble*. And then he told me he's an XF fan. I squeed. Out loud. Right there in front of him. And then... he told me that a friend had just lent him the DVDs for another sci-fi series he hadn't seen yet... Stargate. I melted. Then I showed him a vid or two of mine. And then I asked if he'd be interested in letting me usher him into the world of Stargate. And he said yes!

And then he offered me Southern Comfort, and I was and am *smitten*. <le sigh> I haven't really *liked* liked a boy in a long time... so... we'll see... but he's off to a great start!
                        Love and hot fudge,
                        Bren Ren
                        ~
                        My stories!
                        ~

sigpic

Comment

thanks for posting that video, seriously its the funniest things ive seen all day and it totally helped brighten my day

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          Nope, English isn't my first language! Perhaps you had already noticed it lol but like people said you can say it to many people...still IMHO I think it is a word that is over used(plus some issues with my ex-bf still saying it wrong ...ugh)

I love S/J he he
                          i completely agree with the bolded part, the word love is over used a bit but at the same time i feel like its not used enough considering how much anger and hate there is in the world i feel like more love is needed...but im a bit of hippie like that lol

and yes I do love S/J who doesnt honestly? haha
                          sigpic
                          thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

LOL English is not my first language either, it's not even second, it's completely foreign In my mother tongue you can't really say it to anyone else but to the one you love (romantically, from lack of better word).
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                              thanks for posting that video, seriously its the funniest things ive seen all day and it totally helped brighten my day

i completely agree with the bolded part, the word love is over used a bit but at the same time i feel like its not used enough considering how much anger and hate there is in the world i feel like more love is needed...but im a bit of hippie like that lol

and yes I do love S/J who doesnt honestly? haha
                              {Singing} All you need is Love! Love! Love! Love is all you need...

Thanks, glad you liked the vid. It was fun to make, too!
                              Love and hot fudge,
                              Bren Ren
                              ~
                              My stories!
                              ~

sigpic

Comment

{Singing} All you need is Love! Love! Love! Love is all you need...

Thanks, glad you liked the vid. It was fun to make, too!
                                haha thats exactly the song that was going through my mind as i typed that
                                and your very welcome
                                sigpic
                                thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Working...
                                X