No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a copy of the Desperate Measures script signed by Amanada that I'd gotten at some charity auction Legends was doing to benefit one of her Charities. Is it odd that I like that episode because Jack got shot? LOL!

I like that episode because he saves her! I really really like that particular episode--and also when Jack says to Maybourne, "It's Carter."--because there's so much in that statement! And he gives up his National Geographics for her! Now, that's love! So sweet. . .

Oh yeah, and she kicks butt. . . Sweet.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
      Very cute, quite funny and clever, and it is quite a logical and satisfactory explanation of *that* moment. Which, strangely enough considering how much I *loathe* *Others*, didn't ever really bother me. But then again, I've always liked Marty, in spite of the fact that he's the only guy I ever saw as a real threat to our Ship. Go figure.

Best line I've read in ages--particularly in regards to AUs... “Damn it, Jack. You were up nineteen to one counting our reality and the missing Sam. Happy? "

Yes. Well...

That moment didn't bother me because I could practically hear the 'gotcha'...

Though I have to admit one of my favorite shippy-by-inference moments is in that episode - Sam's look of complete empathy - not simply sympathy - when Martouf mentions how difficult long-distance relationships are. I'm fairly certain she wasn't thinking of hers with Pete there...

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        Ohh, that's beautiful.
        I have a copy of the Desperate Measures script signed by Amanada that I'd gotten at some charity auction Legends was doing to benefit one of her Charities. Is it odd that I like that episode because Jack got shot? LOL!
        Because he was shot, yes. Because of why he was shot, no. He did it for Sam and he would do it again, if needed.
        sigpic
        I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          I like that episode because he saves her! I really really like that particular episode--and also when Jack says to Maybourne, "It's Carter."--because there's so much in that statement! And he gives up his National Geographics for her! Now, that's love! So sweet. . .
          I'm of the school of thought (hmmm.. do we have school's of thought around here... I guess we do...) that thinks Jack was actually trying to get over Sam, having realized after Entity that his feelings were dangerous (in several ways), but realized in DM he couldn't after which he just tried to *act* like they didn't exist - as much as possible.

Therefore, his "It's Carter" becomes even more poignant IMHO as he's coming to realize she *is* special and will remain so to him and there's nothing he can do about it and so it's almost his final acceptance of that fact in the way he says her name there.

((Jack))
          Last edited by JenniferJF; 25 January 2010, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            I'm of the school of thought (hmmm.. do we have school's of thought around here... I guess we do...) that thinks Jack was actually trying to get over Sam, having realized after Entity that his feelings were dangerous (in several ways), but realized in DM he couldn't after which he just tried to *act* like they didn't exist - as much as possible.

Therefore, his "It's Carter" becomes even more poignant IMHO as he's coming to realize she realize *is* special and will remain so to him and there's nothing he can do about it and so it's almost his final acceptance of that fact in the way he says her name there.

((Jack))
            Well said. I have to agree! Though, that's not really surprising
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
              Because he was shot, yes. Because of why he was shot, no. He did it for Sam and he would do it again, if needed.
              Yes, which is so ...cute!

It also shows that even after Entity Jack can' stop caring. He just does, if he wants it or not.

I love our ship!
              sigpic

Comment

My Shippy thoughts on Desperate Measures... From my "Shipping Down Memory Lane" series...

Sam goes missing, and Jack will do anything to find her...

Bargain with a homeless guy...

Deal with Maybourne...

Even put on the clothes he abhors (but looks so good in!) and deal with another Washington suit he can't stand...

He manages to rescue her in the nick of time...

And promptly gets himself shot for his efforts...

It seriously looks like she's copping a feel in this cap... Or is that my foggy Shipper lenses acting up again?

At any rate, she's right there by his bedside after his injury, in case he needs her (if she only knew how much he does!)...
                Love and hot fudge,
                Bren Ren
                ~
                My stories!
                ~

sigpic

Comment

It also shows that even after Entity Jack can' stop caring. He just does, if he wants it or not.
                  And I also believe that in Entity he was taken by surprise at how much it hurt to be the one to shoot her--that she did matter still--and that he couldn't regress to a cold subordinate/superior relationship with her just by wanting to. Also, it wasn't her body that was the important thing--if it was, he could have just continued on--he wanted HER back.

Going back to Divide and Conquer, I also wonder about his thoughts in that SHE was the one that wanted to keep it in the room--he asks "And we're okay with that?" as if he's clearly NOT. So he's following her lead, and a little hesitant to show anything more strong because he thinks he's doing what she wants.

And also, Entity maybe gave him a little insight into how it felt for her to take down Martouf (although that particular attraction I never got) in Divide and Conquer. Even though I don't think that ever would have worked between the two of them. (I'm pretty certain Marty had NO sense of humor, despite his inability NOT to smile mindlessly at her, and Sam has shown a great proclivity for humor.)
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                    My Shippy thoughts on Desperate Measures... From my "Shipping Down Memory Lane" series...

Sam goes missing, and Jack will do anything to find her.
                    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...eMeasures1.jpg
                    Bargain with a homeless guy...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...eMeasures2.jpg
                    Deal with Maybourne...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...eMeasures3.jpg
                    Even put on the clothes he abhors (but looks so good in!) and deal with another Washington suit he can't stand...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...eMeasures4.jpg
                    He manages to rescue her in the nick of time...

And promptly gets himself shot for his efforts...
                    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...eMeasures5.jpg

It seriously looks like she's copping a feel in this cap... Or is that my foggy Shipper lenses acting up again?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...eMeasures6.jpg
                    At any rate, she's right there by his bedside after his injury, in case he needs her (if she only knew how much he does!)...

Yes, he would do anything
                    sigpic

Comment

Even though I don't think that ever would have worked between the two of them. (I'm pretty certain Marty had NO sense of humor, despite his inability NOT to smile mindlessly at her, and Sam has shown a great proclivity for humor.)

I think the real reason it wouldn't have worked out (and that's one of the things I really liked about Ripple Effect--it proved rather definitively that Marty & Sam would *not* have worked for the long haul...) It's because Marty is just too darn nice. Definitely doesn't qualify as a member of the "lunatic fringe". (Saw the actor in something else recently and blurted out "Hey, it's Marty!", to the amusing confusion of Mom... I think that's probably connected to that whole unwillingness-to-see-actors-in-new-roles thing I've got going...)

But we all know Jack's a card-carrying leader in that category!
                      Love and hot fudge,
                      Bren Ren
                      ~
                      My stories!
                      ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        Sorry but nope, I don't have that problem! Works fine for me. I only have to "Accept" it with the mouse all the time instead of enter!
                        huh. Okay, well my computers weird then
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          Ok I have a rather um, it's probably a stupid question But when I click on the rep symbol to give someone green, I have to scroll to the top of the page to get the little box, does anyone else have this? I never had to do that before the change
                          If I understand the question properly, then no, I'm not having that problem. I click on the little star, the box pops up, I type in my comment, and then click on the "add to reputation" box.

Comment

Going back to Divide and Conquer, I also wonder about his thoughts in that SHE was the one that wanted to keep it in the room--he asks "And we're okay with that?" as if he's clearly NOT. So he's following her lead, and a little hesitant to show anything more strong because he thinks he's doing what she wants.
                            I tend to think, while Jack is surprised she's wanting to 'keep it in the room', that he wants to, too, and is a bit relieved as well. But that's cause I tend to see that moment at the forceshield not simply them forced to confront their feelings but also Jack forced to realize that, despite the regs, he's managed to fall in love with her enough that he has opened himself up to feeling the sort of grief and pain he felt when Charlie died. And as he says in WoO, he can't go through that again... I think his horror, and her compassion, in that moment at the forcefield were as much about that as anything. Or, IOW, he literally meant it when he said he'd rather die than lose her...

Comment

The last time I tried greening, I didn't even get a box. It just automatically gave the green, without letting me leave a comment. The only way I've gotten it to let me leave a message is to open it in a new tab, lol, which is a serious pain.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                I tend to think, while Jack is surprised she's wanting to 'keep it in the room', that he wants to, too, and is a bit relieved as well.
                                Yup. I tend to agree with this as well. Given how unwilling Jack is to ever discuss "feelings" with anybody, I don't see him as being unhappy to leave it in the room. I think he was quite relieved with the idea (not hurt as is suggested is many, many fanfics). Plus, I think Sam suggested it in order to protect first Jack, and then maybe as an afterthought, to protect herself. And, though I've said it before, there was simply no time to think about that or anything other than the other issues of the moment ... like who really might be a zaytarc. And almost as soon as Jack asked the question about it being "ok", the door opened, Teal'c walked in, with a couple of airmen behind him, and neither Jack or Sam would have been willing to discuss it further with other people milling around. And the whole subject got shoved to the bottom of the list of importance as the whole issue of Martouf surfaced and had to be dealt with. There was no time to think further about what feelings were admitted or to even process those feelings at that point.

Comment

Working...
                                X