Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best Shippy Moment is . . .
    Season 8: Moebius 1: Surreptitious hand holding in the briefing room (7)

vs.

SGU: Jack offers Sam some comfort when her 302 pilots are lost, actually calling her "Sam" (6)
    sigpic
    Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      I saw on ffnet that someone started a fic based on my AU trailer vid. I don't know if I should be flattered or annoyed that she didn't ask my opinion first...
      Seriously? I'd be annoyed! What's it called?

Edit: Found it
      Last edited by roque872002; 05 April 2013, 03:59 AM.
      sigpic
      Sig made by Nola
      Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
        Seriously? I'd be annoyed! What's it called?

Edit: Found it
        Where is it? And if it were me... Well, it'd depend who wrote it and how well they did it. But really, I would've preferred they ask permission/opinions first too.
        Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
        My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

Season 8: Moebius 1: Surreptitious hand holding in the briefing room (8)

vs.

SGU: Jack offers Sam some comfort when her 302 pilots are lost, actually calling her "Sam" (6)
          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
            Where is it? And if it were me... Well, it'd depend who wrote it and how well they did it. But really, I would've preferred they ask permission/opinions first too.
            Its called Forget me not by Tazmainia point 2
            sigpic
            Sig made by Nola
            Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Its called Forget me not by Tazmainia point 2
              Okay, I'll check that out later... I've got to go now.
              Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
              My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

I saw on ffnet that someone started a fic based on my AU trailer vid. I don't know if I should be flattered or annoyed that she didn't ask my opinion first...
                I say be flattered. You inspired someone!

Isn't that what we do when we write fan fic and make vid and pics based on the work of others who gave us these shows and characters we love?

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                  I'm voting for the sidearm because while it's not romantic, it speaks to comfort, a comfort bred from years of service together. She takes up his handgun almost without looking, as though she knew exactly where he was by second nature. There's such a fluidity to Sam's motion... an ease to it that tells us she didn't even think twice about doing it. And then they rise as one, totally in tune with each other.

Such simple beauty... I love it.
                  This is a perfect way to describe everything about that moment Beautiful!

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                  can i give half a vote to each of those please, im pretty sure i cant choose between them, the hand touch is so telling, and the fact that it was zoomed in upon actually in the show really means it was meant to show us what we want it to mean, but then again the use of Sam's first name was monumental and i loved that bit
                  Same here, please! It's just too difficult to choose!

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                  I think that, whilst the "Sam" was good, it could have just been the fact that they're now both in command of a whole department/ship and Sam is now a full bird Colonel so Jack felt that he could call her that without sounding too personal (I've noticed the Generals seem to use first names a lot when dealing with the higher ranking officers, Hammond always did with Jack). Whereas the hand brush was highlighted in neon lights by the director which means that it's not just a blink and you might miss it if you choose moment. It actually meant something to the writers!
                  Love this description!

Like Suzi and Amber have pointed out, the hand touching was emphasised by the way the scene was filmed, so it's certainly not accidental. I think it shows perfectly the shift their relationship has just begun to take at this point, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the writers/director were hinting at briefly with that scene (they do give a sly nod to us shippers every now and then, after all).

However, the scene in SGU is just so... easy. Comfortable. Sam's name slips from Jack's lips with such familiarity as though he says it like that all the time now, and we know that in the past it was a very rare occurence!

Gonna have to really think this one over before voting...
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Season 8: Moebius 1: Surreptitious hand holding in the briefing room (5)

vs.

I'm gonna have to go with the hand touching, because I love all the touches and stuff *sigh* but also because I've never seen that episode of Universe so I can't compare the two scenes. It'll feel like picking a sweet and saying you like it over another that you haven't even tried. Does that make sense?
                    I have that clip on my Photobucket. I'd post the link but the school Internet blocks PB. I'll find it later when my phone works again.

Comment

Found it!

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...ionpart1_6.mp4

Comment

vs.

SGU: Jack offers Sam some comfort when her 302 pilots are lost, actually calling her "Sam" (7)

It was more hand brushing in Moebius and while it's nice, I've got to go with Jack calling her "Sam" for the first time in ten years (and in front of everyone too!) because it speaks of a greater intimacy and it sounded familiar, as if he was used to calling her that now.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

vs.

SGU: Jack offers Sam some comfort when her 302 pilots are lost, actually calling her "Sam" (8)

I have to agree with fems, even though I haven't seen that episode yet.
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I'd be annoyed; they clearly saw your vid and mention it, so they knew how/where to find you and at least inform you of their intention. Even if they weren't going to ask for permission they could have at least given you a heads up.

But then I seem to have a stricter concept of fanfic etiquette than others...

It also doesn't help that the writing is so-so
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                I'd be annoyed; they clearly saw your vid and mention it, so they knew how/where to find you and at least inform you of their intention. Even if they weren't going to ask for permission they could have at least given you a heads up.

But then I seem to have a stricter concept of fanfic etiquette than others...

It also doesn't help that the writing is so-so
                                I saw....
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X