Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best Shippy Moment is . . .

Season 2: Secrets – Jack meets Jacob and shares a few mysterious smiles with Sam, "We have our moments"

vs.

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is a little distracted by Sam’s naked bod (2)
    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Season 2: Secrets – Jack meets Jacob and shares a few mysterious smiles with Sam, "We have our moments"(1)

vs.

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is a little distracted by Sam’s naked bod

again its a difficult one but going to have to go with 'their moments' if only they knew just how many moments they are going to have both as team members and as husband and wife
      sigpic
      Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

hlndncr - id be interested to hear what your issues are with SGU scene, im just watching it for the first time now and rather enjoying it, and i do love the little sam/jack shippy moments

talking about SGU, did anyone else get the impression that the Hammnd is used for certain missions only and is not a ship like the deadalus that is space long term. I like to think that Sam does manage to spend a considerable amount of time at home with Jack aswell
        sigpic
        Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Season 2: Secrets – Jack meets Jacob and shares a few mysterious smiles with Sam, "We have our moments" (1)

vs.

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is a little distracted by Sam’s naked bod (3)

Um...yes, I am definitely picking the "oh yeah, I'm very attracted to your very, hot bod" scene. UST in its finest. And you can see that he did cop a feel a little to her chest area. Jack, you are so busted.
          sigpic
          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post

This moment is layered with the duality of marriage and profession. The use of "Sam" is a poignant indicator of the deepened relationship, but it's the tenderness in his voice the gets me. It's as though Sam has crossed a rubicon of sorts, in terms of learning to be a leader. She's made hard decisions before, but this one was particularly difficult, because not only would the blast most likely kill the pilots she left behind, she has to make the conscious decision to leave them behind, which as we know is something that SG-1 doesn't do lightly.

So when Jack reassures her, he's simultaneously communicating his understanding of the decision's difficulty and his acknowledgement that he would have done the same. She had made the right decision, no matter how hard it was to make. And in using "Sam", he sends her his love, and shows her the solidarity any husband gives his wife.
            Yes, I was just thinking about the whole " no one gets left behind" thing after watching Fire & Water and you've put the whole shippy part of the whole scene into words very effectively.

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
            Thanks!

I just re watched It's Good to be King - wow! I forgot just how shippy it is! From Sam channelling Jack with shouting "Ah!" At Daniel to stop him from touching the jumper, to her smirk when she suggests Jack join them on the planet. Then when he arrives she's all over him, she's practically bouncing when she's standing behind him in the jumper. Then she kneels down to speak to him, all up in his face and not caring then the sidearm grab *fans self*
            I loved the implied shippiness of that ep! Don't forget the fowers. I think there was something awkward/funny with the flowers. Will have to re watch :-) plus the way he sends her back before making his comment about Maybourne's wives.

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post

talking about SGU, did anyone else get the impression that the Hammnd is used for certain missions only and is not a ship like the deadalus that is space long term. I like to think that Sam does manage to spend a considerable amount of time at home with Jack aswell
            I was under the impression that the newer ships took turns doing guard duty for earth while the Daedleus was permanently assigned to serve as a link between Atlantis and Earth.

Season 2: Secrets – Jack meets Jacob and shares a few mysterious smiles with Sam, "We have our moments" (2)

vs.

I picked Secrets because while I liked the OoM scene, Secrets was two-way shipping, as opposed to Jack sneaking a peek.

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post

Season 2: Secrets – Jack meets Jacob and shares a few mysterious smiles with Sam, "We have our moments" (1)

vs.

Um...yes, I am definitely picking the "oh yeah, I'm very attracted to your very, hot bod" scene. UST in its finest. And you can see that he did cop a feel a little to her chest area. Jack, you are so busted.
              I see what you did there!

Season 2: Secrets – Jack meets Jacob and shares a few mysterious smiles with Sam, "We have our moments" (2)

vs.

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is a little distracted by Sam’s naked bod (4)

Got to go with Jack checking out all that Carter skin. I'm sure if it had been the other way around Sam would have snuck a peek at him too, because she certainly used the opportunities in The Broca Divide (who knows how long she was watching him before he noticed her!), Brief Candle and checking out his abs former pouch in Hathor...
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

vs.

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is a little distracted by Sam’s naked bod (5)

Splash!
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

vs.

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is a little distracted by Sam’s naked bod (6)

Comment

Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I really love your calendar, fems - you must have spent an eternity making it

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                        I really love your calendar, fems - you must have spent an eternity making it
                        It was a collaboration between A Karswyll and myself for Valenship. Collecting shippy moments was fairly easy but when I'd reached a hundred I realized I couldn't downsize it to 52 for a weekly calendar (or worse, twelve for the months!) so I figured a daily one would be best. It was inspired by the "Love Is..." calendar, which is one of my favorites. Anyway, it got a bit harder to get to 366 but eventually we managed by going through all the caps per episode and picking the good moments. Finding appropriate (and silly) holidays wasn't very hard either because we've both written a few ficlets for unofficial holidays so we knew where to find more and sometimes I just googled for a moment (like the Tobin mine) to see if there was anything that could fit! Then, with about two weeks left we had to make sure that every picture had a capture and make a selection of the 366 (we had close to 400, IIRC) pics we wanted for the calendar. The trickiest part was dividing them and putting it together with less than ten days to go!

Not to mention the drama when A Karswyll was left with a picture but no more days and I had empty days but no more pictures! Fortunately we had made a shared document with all the captions, pic numbers (also sharing the caps), appropriate holidays and comments like merging pics (which A Karswyll all did, because she's better with PS than I am) so we could eventually track down the error. Turned out we'd both used the same pic with Sam and her bike, because the shared pic had a comment about one holiday while the list with captions etc had a different one or none at all, and since we'd divided the pics with one of us the even and the other the uneven numbers (to fill the uneven and even months resp) we accidentally used it both!

So, the last few days leading up to Valenship were stressful but in the end we managed to finish the calendar in time and were very satisfied with it! The only downside to it was that I didn't have time (or inspiration) to write a Valenship oneshot... for Ship Day I'll just stick to writing!

ETA:
                        Oh and I'm glad you like it!
                        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Season 2: Secrets – Jack meets Jacob and shares a few mysterious smiles with Sam, "We have our moments" (3)

vs.

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is a little distracted by Sam’s naked body (6)
                          sigpic
                          Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

vs

On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                              ETA:
                              Oh and I'm glad you like it!
                              Oh, but I do and I'm always looking forward to the next one. I love how the two of you worked together on this project, it must have been great fun - except for the approaching deadline of course

Comment

As I was waiting for the muse to wake up and start inspiring me, I checked out JM's latest blog entries and something caught my eye:

Six days ago he wrote about the script he and PM had written for the SGA movie (or a two-parter for the season 6 premiere) and naturally there were questions in his mailbag three days ago, including one about the setting of the story and Sam's "moon base" comment in Continuum.

Mike A. writes: “One last question, I assume this movie would’ve taken place during the events of Continuum, correct? Hence, Carter’s mentioning of the “new moon base”?”

Answer: Yes, that was the original plan.
                                I'm assuming he means the planning of Atlantis moving to the moon to become our lunar base took place during Continuum since Sam referenced to it and Jack seemed confused/surprised and if the city had moved to the moon I'm pretty sure he, as director of HWC, would know about it. The only odd thing is that Continuum took place after SGA's premiere of season 5 and Atlantis doesn't move to Earth until the finale of season 5...
                                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X