Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
    Sorry we ruined your day
    Not that I mind, really This stuff is great!
    sigpic

Comment

I'm just watching Message in a Bottle... I thought Sam crying was bad but I really can't handle Jack crying!

Also, Sam, you just gave an analogy of the virus to fire, why did u just jump into an elevator?!
      Sorry if I misunderstand your comment, but where in 'Message in a Bottle' did either Sam or Jack cry?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Sorry if I misunderstand your comment, but where in 'Message in a Bottle' did either Sam or Jack cry?
        Jack cried when Siler had almost cut through the spike and it went through him again. They weren't just tears of pain, he thought he was dying.
        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Maybe Amber is talking about when Jack is first skewered?

He cries out in pain several times...I find it agonizing to watch.
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
            Maybe Amber is talking about when Jack is first skewered?

He cries out in pain several times...I find it agonizing to watch.
            That too but, later on, he's clearly crying. He's not sobbing buckets but he's emotional. He's speaking to Teal'c and he's obviously in so much pain.

It's heartbreaking!

Comment

Just a quick note to anyone who is registered to vote for the 2014 Sam & Jack Multimedia Awards, you've got about 34 hours left to cast your ballot!
              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Jack cried when Siler had almost cut through the spike and it went through him again. They weren't just tears of pain, he thought he was dying.
                I never saw it as him crying. He yelled out in pain when the spike went through him again, and yes, he was very emotional, but that doesn't mean he was crying. Emotion doesn't always equal crying. I've been in severe pain a few times in my life (and yes, it was likely about how much pain Jack was in), and I never cried about it, and I'm not as strong as he is.

Comment

I never saw it as him crying. He yelled out in pain when the spike went through him again, and yes, he was very emotional, but that doesn't mean he was crying. Emotion doesn't always equal crying. I've been in severe pain a few times in my life (and yes, it was likely about how much pain Jack was in), and I never cried about it, and I'm not as strong as he is.
                  There were definite tears he was holding back and his voice was really shaky. I was shocked because I didn't remember Jack crying at all! I don't think tears are a sign of weakness though.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                    as jack would say - "niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice (to the Uhsir's vid)

Been catching up on the thread and all this kidfic talk made me think of an EPIC kidfic...

Inside the dragon's Egg

"What if the Ancient knowledge could be passed down genetically like the Goa'uld?" Takes plays post "Lost City" and is an AU but boy is it ever epic.
                    I read this and almost didn't finish it because of so much angst and worry. It left me wondering what kind of childhood Ally will have and what she will grow up to be. Would have liked another Epilogue with those additions. The story left a few too many unanswered questions.
                    Besides the above comment, I also had a problem with Sam calling Jack "Sir", even after they were married. Not just a few times, but constantly. She seemed to consider herself to be subservient to him even though he told her that was not going to be the case. She stopped being the Sam from the series when she got married and had children. I think that even if she left the program to be a Mom she would never have lost the Sam she became while in the program. It would just be included in her whole persona.

Comment

There were definite tears he was holding back and his voice was really shaky. I was shocked because I didn't remember Jack crying at all! I don't think tears are a sign of weakness though.
                      I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this. If he was holding back tears, then he wasn't crying. And a shaky voice doesn't equal crying either. I wasn't suggesting that tears are a sign of weakness though.

When did you see Sam crying?

Comment

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this. If he was holding back tears, then he wasn't crying. And a shaky voice doesn't equal crying either. I wasn't suggesting that tears are a sign of weakness though.

When did you see Sam crying?
                        Indeed

Oh, Sam didn't cry in that episode. I just can't stand it when she does lol! It makes me really uncomfortable.

Comment

Indeed

Oh, Sam didn't cry in that episode. I just can't stand it when she does lol! It makes me really uncomfortable.
                          Okay. I do agree with the bolded part.

Comment

Besides the above comment, I also had a problem with Sam calling Jack "Sir", even after they were married. Not just a few times, but constantly. She seemed to consider herself to be subservient to him even though he told her that was not going to be the case. She stopped being the Sam from the series when she got married and had children. I think that even if she left the program to be a Mom she would never have lost the Sam she became while in the program. It would just be included in her whole persona.
                            I tried to read that fic yesterday but couldn't go past the first chapter myself. Something about Jack going all Gaston (remember the Marry Me song from the musical?) on Sam didn't feel right to me. And the multiple kids too.

I think I'm going to read Annerb's DC series AGAIN. And maybe draw doodles from it.

The French one feels oddly ooc.
                            Maybe they did it because they wanted to picture Jack as the hardass/responsible one and Sam as the "GIRL"... something like that. Whatever they tried to do, it was wrong/biaised translation that changed the original scene. I find this change terrible because it's one of those scenes that clearly shows Jack's feelings. I adore those moments because he's generally guarded. Kind of makes me think of their fight in The Light. He seems so harsh until he admits he's experiencing withdrawal as well... which paints the whole scene differently to me (basically, I think he generally relies on her to be the most responsible between them... because if she's not, she could take him with her... I think he was a bit scared/nervous in this episode, during this fight).
                            I enjoy to see Jack's weaknesses. And his feelings. Everything he tries to hide, basically. Each time he's not completely in control, his character gets more interesting and emotionally impacting (guess that's why the forcefield scene is so powerful *this scene is like a punch to the guts... especially for a shipper*... among others). It can be kinda hot too.

I still don't understand why in some countries they prefer to dub over subtitles, because it gives the actors/actresses different voices
                            That's simple. Lots of people don't like to read when they're watching TV. Subtitles never bothered me myself. I love watching most movies and shows in their original version. Oh, and the worst with the dub is when they can't get the voice actors back and you have to get used to a new VA for the same character. It happened with the sitcom Friends. They changed Chandler, Rachel and Phoebe's VA in the last seasons. I never could get used to it.
                            My Tumblr.
                            My Tumblr Art Blog.
                            My Deviantart page.

Comment

See below for discussion for "inside the dragon's egg" Spoilered for those who haven't read it.

Spoiler:

I also didn't like that she kept calling him sir but remember, this is not Colonel Carter of threads we're dealing with but a much younger Major Carter. The thing that made me keep reading was that it was all plausible (ha, i feel like the mythbusters) and it was well written and plotted. I forgive many things in favor of a good tale.

While I do prefer Sam as a much stronger character, I could see that in order to protect Aly, she had to essentially create a new persona for herself, completely separate from Major Carter. I can see Sam going to extreme lengths to protect her child.

As for the whole GASTON thing ! I can only say that sometimes I wish the story had followed a more chronological order because a lot gets explained in the later chapters.

Comment

Originally posted by RadicalDreamer View Post

That's simple. Lots of people don't like to read when they're watching TV. Subtitles never bothered me myself. I love watching most movies and shows in their original version. Oh, and the worst with the dub is when they can't get the voice actors back and you have to get used to a new VA for the same character. It happened with the sitcom Friends. They changed Chandler, Rachel and Phoebe's VA in the last seasons. I never could get used to it.
                                Ha, such a simple explanation and I never even considered it! It's just normal to me. Personally, I think it's a great reading exercise. I remember from when I was little (and later with my youngest stepbrother) that at first we couldn't always read everything before the next lines came, but they kinda force you to learn how to read 'quickly' from a young age. And it's much easier to (subconsciously) learn foreign languages this way.

As far as the changing of voice actors goes: I once heard this for cartoons (my youngest stepbrother often watched them) that do get dubbed and it totally threw me! Suddenly they sounded wrong and not like the characters at all.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X