Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    that's what i feel about the au sam/jack... as sweet and fun as it is, it's not OUR sam and jack! so i won't bother with the book.

buut, if you could share with me the highlighted scenes above, i'd really appreciate it.
    That was also mentioned under the spoiler tag in more detail. If you're not gonna buy the book you might as well read the spoiler, right?

That's how I feel about it, anyway.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      That was also mentioned under the spoiler tag in more detail. If you're not gonna buy the book you might as well read the spoiler, right?

That's how I feel about it, anyway.
      then i'm going to go back and find that post and read the spoilers!

i remember other posts/shippers going into great detail and work on sharing what was in the books, but i never read them on purpose, so i'd not be spoiled. but on this book, i will.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
        Ooh, do tell!

Also, Moebius Squared

Spoiler:
        has AT Sam and Jack living in Ancient Egypt with a baby. Our Sam also has an interesting conversation with AT Sam about Jack. She's concerned about taking command of the Hammond in case he gets sick of waiting for her. AT Sam disregards this would happen. It ends with Jack being there to see her take command of the Hammond and he "plays with her name patch above her heart" on her new uniform - that's the actual description! It also says that he doesn't shake her hand goodbye because they'd already said everything they needed to say beforehand, presumably in private when he was playing with her name badge

Or is Moebius Squared the latest book?
        now that i'm not going to buy the book, thanks for the spoilers!!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

The Best Shippy Moment is . . .

Season 3: Learning Curve: Sam smiling at Jack when he admits he’s not as smart as she is (4)

vs.

Season 8: It's Good to be King: Sam grabbing Jack’s sidearm . . . from his thigh holster (16)
          sigpic

Comment

Season 3: Learning Curve: Sam smiling at Jack when he admits he’s not as smart as she is (4)

vs.

Season 8: It's Good to be King: Sam grabbing Jack’s sidearm . . . from his thigh holster (16)

I'm voting for the sidearm because while it's not romantic, it speaks to comfort, a comfort bred from years of service together. She takes up his handgun almost without looking, as though she knew exactly where he was by second nature. There's such a fluidity to Sam's motion... an ease to it that tells us she didn't even think twice about doing it. And then they rise as one, totally in tune with each other.

Such simple beauty... I love it.

Comment

vs.

Season 8: It's Good to be King: Sam grabbing Jack’s sidearm . . . from his thigh holster (17)

I'll have to go back and rewatch that, somehow I never noticed it, voted for it because it sounds so much shippier than the other. - when the laptop finishes restoring that is, 4hrs and 50 mins, definitely going to bed.
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

vs.

Season 8: It's Good to be King: Sam grabbing Jack’s sidearm . . . from his thigh holster (18)

Adding my vote since Selene and I posted at the same time
                sigpic

Comment

vs.

Season 8: It's Good to be King: Sam grabbing Jack’s sidearm . . . from his thigh holster (18)

I love the smiles and jokes about smarts and fun. To me this is the precursor to the first fishing invite, which is just a replay of this discussion. So to me this moment wins for shippiness.

Toningt's winner: Thighs holsters and grabbing sidearms

Comment

Season 8: Moebius 1: Surreptitious hand holding in the briefing room

vs.

SGU: Jack offers Sam some comfort when her 302 pilots are lost, actually calling her "Sam"

Comment

Season 8: Moebius 1: Surreptitious hand holding in the briefing room (1)

vs.

SGU: Jack offers Sam some comfort when her 302 pilots are lost, actually calling her "Sam"

Comment

Season 8: Moebius 1: Surreptitious hand holding in the briefing room (1)

vs.

SGU: Jack offers Sam some comfort when her 302 pilots are lost, actually calling her "Sam" (1)

Comment

Whoa, wait WHAT?

HAND HOLDING?!

*scrambles for DVD*

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            I edited this pic a little ... scooted the chairs together ...

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee519/shipperwriter/Stargate%20SG-1/Jack%20and%20Sam/th_Fishingmanip_zps8fb337cb.jpg

And I have got to get some sleep. I'm up way past my bedtime!
                            Huh, Me too, with almost the same positioning. Great minds and all that.

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                              Huh, Me too, with almost the same positioning. Great minds and all that.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...-8x20-3643.jpg

Comment

can i give half a vote to each of those please, im pretty sure i cant choose between them, the hand touch is so telling, and the fact that it was zoomed in upon actually in the show really means it was meant to show us what we want it to mean, but then again the use of Sam's first name was monumental and i loved that bit
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Working...
                                X