Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    Sorry guys... I have to disagree with some of ^^ this.

I have yet to see anything that makes AT look *horrible*. Some things may be less than flattering (but let's face it... The nineties left a lot of people confused). And tucked in shirts is a pet peeve of mine on certain people... But even the date night dress was pretty.

Besides... for first dozen times I watched the episode, all I could see was the smile!
    I totally agree. Occasionally unflattering looks, but never horrible. I think some of the longish hair (early season 4?) wasn't my favorite style on Sam, but she still looked great. I didn't love the date dress in Chimera, but I didn't hate it either. Sam's luminous smile was abundant in the episode. {sigh}
    sigpic
    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Love the days of Christmas! Funny!

As for the discussion on what AT wears. Sometimes I don't like it, but I can't see I've seen something really horrible. I think it's also what you like for a style so.
      I already cringe at some of the things I wore myself a few years ago! Will probably do the same again in a few years.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        So pretty
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
          Sorry guys... I have to disagree with some of ^^ this.

I have yet to see anything that makes AT look *horrible*. Some things may be less than flattering (but let's face it... The nineties left a lot of people confused). And tucked in shirts is a pet peeve of mine on certain people... But even the date night dress was pretty.

Besides... for first dozen times I watched the episode, all I could see was the smile!
          Oooh, yes, her smile.

And while it's true that Amanda is gorgeous regardless of what she's wearing, I still wasn't a fan of the date night ensemble.

But really, I'm biased against the episode anyway-maybe I'm looking for more things to dislike
          sigpic
          "I didn't leave...because I'd have rather died myself than lose Carter." (Divide and Conquer)
          My Facebook//My fanfic (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            i still don't understand what sam saw in pete. i mean he stalked her and damn near got himself killed. who stays with a guy like that. oh well. at least she and jack got together in the end.
            I blame the writers. They somehow found something to blackmail her with, and they made her do it. She was framed, I tell you. She didn't want to, but they made her do it!!! She's completely innocent!

Comment

I didn't like the date night ensemble. I really didn't get the hair--why did they bother trying to make it look like she had long hair? It looked to me like someone who started getting ready too early and just didn't know when to stop. She just kept "doing" until the doorbell rang. Having been that girl once or twice in my life, I can commiserate!

That particular outfit (to me) just made her look like she was trying too hard. Maybe that was the point, though--that she (Sam) had to force things in order to make the date happen. **shrug**

All I know is that she would never have to try that hard with Jack. He's seen her in all manners of dress/dirt/illness, and he still loves her.

sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                That particular outfit (to me) just made her look like she was trying too hard. Maybe that was the point, though--that she (Sam) had to force things in order to make the date happen. **shrug**

All I know is that she would never have to try that hard with Jack. He's seen her in all manners of dress/dirt/illness, and he still loves her.

But in a way it could be argued that the whole Pete thing was Sam trying for something that was the stereotypical movie romance. The 'sweet' guy, her ignoring the stalker angle, the dressing up for the date, the perfect house etc. However, in reality none of those things are really Sam. The reason her and Jack are perfect for each other is not because they tick all the stereotypical romance boxes, but because they are perfectly in tune with each other. They have something much deeper than the surface 'love' interest. They have chemistry and understanding and so don't need all the surface trappings that films and TV try to convince us are indicative of a perfect relationship.

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I quite liked Sam's outfit in 2010 - but then I have no fashion sense at all and would be quite happy to never dress in anything other than jeans (not hipsters) and a fleece!
                The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  I blame the writers. They somehow found something to blackmail her with, and they made her do it. She was framed, I tell you. She didn't want to, but they made her do it!!! She's completely innocent!
                  Actually, I've heard Amanda went to the writers and said she wanted a boyfriend that didn't die on her. This is an instance where "Be careful what you wish for" applies

Comment

Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
                    But in a way it could be argued that the whole Pete thing was Sam trying for something that was the stereotypical movie romance. The 'sweet' guy, her ignoring the stalker angle, the dressing up for the date, the perfect house etc. However, in reality none of those things are really Sam. The reason her and Jack are perfect for each other is not because they tick all the stereotypical romance boxes, but because they are perfectly in tune with each other. They have something much deeper than the surface 'love' interest. They have chemistry and understanding and so don't need all the surface trappings that films and TV try to convince us are indicative of a perfect relationship.
                    Yes!! This exactly. Sam and Jack weren't trying to fall in love-quite the opposite, in fact. They knew that they couldn't, or, well, shouldn't. And yet they did anyway. And it was this lack of force that makes their love perfect. Nothing can stand up to that.

Jack wasn't just a "safe bet". He was her only bet, because regardless of what she may have tried to convince herself, she didn't want anyone else. Pete COULD have been not creepy, he could have been great, but it still wouldn't have worked.
                    sigpic
                    "I didn't leave...because I'd have rather died myself than lose Carter." (Divide and Conquer)

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                      Actually, I've heard Amanda went to the writers and said she wanted a boyfriend that didn't die on her. This is an instance where "Be careful what you wish for" applies
                      Obviously she meant Jack!
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        Obviously she meant Jack!
                        That's what JM once said in an interview. Carter had a man who wasn't going to die; they just couldn't be together romantically while serving in the AF together.

And I think AT's idea was more of a one off. She dates a guy, he doesn't die; she moves on (back to Jack). Giving her a jerk of a boyfriend like and have Carter actually agree to marry him was just really bad writing and hurt her character. But for me it also demonstrates how little the PTB cared for Sam's character in later years. She was seriously tossed overboard toward the end of the series.

Comment

Didn't I read somewhere that even AT was surprised Sam accepted the proposal?

Sam certainly deserved a lot better than that stalking, good for nothing cop. Plus he really lacked in the looks department; they just didn't fit together. I would have even taken Joe Faxon over Pete (for a fling, not the 2010 experience).
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

And yet more proof of the love of Sam and Jack:

I'm continuing my watch through. I'm watching Death Knell now and I'm right at the end, after Jack saves Sam. And then snuggles her. Right there. On the battlefield.

He knows she's dating a professional stalker. He doesn't care. She needs him and he loves her and that's all that matters to him.

Ok and now I'm all teary because Jacob just told Sam he can't come back for awhile. Sheesh. This show.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mamageek View Post
                              And yet more proof of the love of Sam and Jack:

I'm continuing my watch through. I'm watching Death Knell now and I'm right at the end, after Jack saves Sam. And then snuggles her. Right there. On the battlefield.

He knows she's dating a professional stalker. He doesn't care. She needs him and he loves her and that's all that matters to him.

Ok and now I'm all teary because Jacob just told Sam he can't come back for awhile. Sheesh. This show.
                              Might want to brace yourself for the next two-parter then...
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                Might want to brace yourself for the next two-parter then...
                                Oh, I'm bracing myself for the next season or so. I've been warned of another episode which I looked up and found out it's in season 8. Affinity, I think it was?

I'm just making sure I have chocolate within arm's reach and a fanvid cued up for the end of every episode
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X