Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post

Is everyone else's Ship Day Project(s) coming along nicely as well?
    I have my crack!fic kind of finished lol But unfortunately study (mainly essay writing...at least that is what I'm supposed to be doing) is getting in the way. It's all there (my story) it just needs some tweaking... It should be ready for Ship Day... *looks at story sideways*
    "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      You tease!

I'll be looking forward to another one of your awesome vids. Is everyone else's Ship Day Project(s) coming along nicely as well?
      I'm working on it. I'm hoping for more than one video but right now my goal is to just get this one done.
      A couple of scenes that will be in it, I promise!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
        I'm working on it. I'm hoping for more than one video but right now my goal is to just get this one done.
        A couple of scenes that will be in it, I promise!
        http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/...ofmind/sj6.jpg
        http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/.../WoO/Kiss3.jpg
        http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/...rrier_blue.jpg
        Awesome! I'm thinking there is going to be angst in this vid--and some fluff? Will there then be "flangst?"
        sigpic
        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
          Awesome! I'm thinking there is going to be angst in this vid--and some fluff? Will there then be "flangst?"
          You know me too well!

Comment

You know me too well!
            All this has made me think of the flangster gangsters that used to hang out here!
            sigpic
            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

I know this has been discussed before, over and over, but how about we have another go at it?

Season 8, Zero Hour, about 28 minutes into the episode: Jack is sitting at his desk. The lights throughout the SGC are off because of the rogue alien plant. Voice-over of Jack reading his resignation letter to Hammond as the "shippy" music begins to play.

"And so, I regretfully submit my resignation. And to be clear, the regret is not so much about the resigning part, but the fact that I was deluded enough to think I had possessed even one iota of the ability needed to fill your sizeable and shiny shoes."

Is the music supposed to be shippy in this scene, implying that his resignation is being driven by his feelings for Sam? Or is it supposed to be taken only to mean that Jack is feeling like he's a failure? The "shippy" music has been used in other scenes than with Sam and Jack hasn't it? I think it has but I can't remember.

Another thought...this episode immediately follows Lockdown. In that one Jack had to once again zat Sam. This time she was infested with Anubis. That must have stirred up some nasty memories! Then the beginning of Zero Hour shows him struggling with letting Sam SG-1 go on a mission.

Comment

Is the music supposed to be shippy in this scene, implying that his resignation is being driven by his feelings for Sam? Or is it supposed to be taken only to mean that Jack is feeling like he's a failure? The "shippy" music has been used in other scenes than with Sam and Jack hasn't it? I think it has but I can't remember.
                The shippy music has indeed been used for other than Sam and Jack scenes. Bits of it were played in SGA when Elizabeth and Simon were together. Bits of it were played in "Enemies" when Jack and Daniel are discussing what happened to Teal'c. I've heard it in lots of other places that have nothing to do with Sam and Jack. Though it may be considered the "Sam and Jack Theme", it was used in lots of other situations as well unrelated to them.

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                  My AU vid for Ship Day is ready ...but so far only zonamanu knows the story
                  ooh i love AU S/J vids. they are so cool and more dramatic. feels like a trailer for either an episode or a movie.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

^^ aawwwwwww They are either watching the sun go down...or watching the apocalypse lol
                      "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        [IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Shippiness/Valenship/Shippy%20Gifs/Sam_Jack_Sunset.gif[/]
                        She sooooooooo wants to move her hand down. . .
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                          ^^ aawwwwwww They are either watching the sun go down...or watching the apocalypse lol
                          With them it could be either one!
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            The shippy music has indeed been used for other than Sam and Jack scenes. Bits of it were played in SGA when Elizabeth and Simon were together. Bits of it were played in "Enemies" when Jack and Daniel are discussing what happened to Teal'c. I've heard it in lots of other places that have nothing to do with Sam and Jack. Though it may be considered the "Sam and Jack Theme", it was used in lots of other situations as well unrelated to them.
                            They've used other themes in weird places too, which I also find jarring. I remember hearing the Asgard music once and thinking, there are no Asgard in this episode.

But I like how your shippy mind works UhSir because Jack must have been thinking about Sam quite a bit during Zero Hour. So from now on I will include a shippy context to my viewing of that scene.

Comment

I've been having some computer problems lately and it's interfering with my ability to make Ship Day preparations!
                              Last edited by hlndncr; 06 July 2012, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                They've used other themes in weird places too, which I also find jarring. I remember hearing the Asgard music once and thinking, there are no Asgard in this episode.

But I like how your shippy mind works UhSir because Jack must have been thinking about Sam quite a bit during Zero Hour. So from now on I will include a shippy context to my viewing of that scene.
                                The "Nox" music has been used in other episodes that had nothing to do with the Nox. They've also used the "100 Days" music in other episodes as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X