No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well like I said, I'm not 100% sure. I guess I have to ask for it back soon to be able to check.

OT
    Spoiler:
    do the Dutch actually dub TV episodes like that? or are there only subtitles? if so then the DVD is probably the same.

Me and my friends watched some dutch TV station on skivacation in Salzburg a week ago. Listening to that language made me dizzy
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pointoforigin View Post
      well like I said, I'm not 100% sure. I guess I have to ask for it back soon to be able to check.

OT
      Spoiler:
      do the Dutch actually dub TV episodes like that? or are there only subtitles? if so then the DVD is probably the same.

Me and my friends watched some dutch TV station on skivacation in Salzburg a week ago. Listening to that language made me dizzy

OT
      Spoiler:
      We just have subtitles. The Dutch are too lazy to dub the entire show. So yeah I think the DVD's are the same, but thinking of it, there is a possibility it is on the S7 DVDs.

Gotta love the Dutch. I had the same with German in the beginning, but I had to learn the language so I *kinda* understand it now. Living on the German border for 20 years didn't really help either!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        I dislike the fact that Threads is the only episode without commentary. I don't get it why they never gave us a commentary for that episode!
        I don't know! I would have liked one!

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
        There are different versions of Threads? Is the Kerry/Jack scene the only thing that's different?
        I know the scene of Pete meeting that either was shorter or wasn't in the short version, and the Jaffa stuff was much shorter. (But that's from what I read; I haven't seen the short version myself. Came into SG too late for that LOL. ;P)
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Hello shippers!! *huggles*

I have been gone for two weeks so I just read like 30 pages in a day

If it were possible to have too much I would say I had too much

sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            If you feel like rewatching it, you can time the length of your version. If it's about 60+ minutes, you've got the longer version. If it's about 44 minutes (give or take a minute), you've got the shorter version. The shorter version is the length of the majority of episodes.
            I definitely feel like rewatching it, if I had it here.

Originally posted by pointoforigin View Post

OT
            Spoiler:

Exactly!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post

I know the scene of Pete meeting that either was shorter or wasn't in the short version, and the Jaffa stuff was much shorter. (But that's from what I read; I haven't seen the short version myself. Came into SG too late for that LOL. ;P)
            Okay, if it would only be the Jaffa scenes I wouldn't mind.

I just asked my friend who has my season 8 box at the moment and the Threads DVD is missing! Now I have to search the chaos that is my living room for it.
            sigpic

Comment

Working on my Valenship fic now, because I'm afraid I won't have time between AT5 and then. In fact, I know I wont! So glad inspiration struck. (Thanks to my roommie watching SG1 for the first time and recently watching S4 with her!)
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Somebody on this thread made a list of the differences between the two versions. Unfortunately, I didn't save it, but if anyone remembers who, maybe they could post the list???

However, I just did a google search for the differences between the two versions, and this is what Wikipedia says about what was deleted:

The episode originally aired as a 63-minute piece, but an edited 45-minute version exists for syndication. When the season was initially released on DVD, the release contained the shortened 45-minute version. Due to complaints, MGM offered a rebate, whereby people could send the DVD with the shortened episode to receive a DVD with the original episode. When the season was re-released in the slimline cases, it contained the full 63-minute episode as did the standard Region 2 version of the Season 8 boxset. Neither version has a commentary featured on any of the Season 8 Box sets. The 45-minute version omits the following:

The "Previously on Stargate SG-1..." that is present in the 63-minute version.
                The opening scene between Ba'al and the decaying Anubis where he says Ba'al has betrayed him.
                The scene when Daniel first enters the diner, along with Oma explaining where exactly Daniel was and how he got there.
                The entire scene of knighting Bra'tac and Teal'c on Dakara - nothing is mentioned of Jaffa freedom save they have control of the weapon.
                Some bantering between Pete and Sam when they walk down the corridors of the SGC and the bantering between Sam, Pete and Jacob.
                All scenes of Bra'tac and Teal'c on a ship.
                Jack waking up with Kerry in his bed.
                Daniel trying to talk to the other Ancients in the diner.
                The phone call from Pete, the florist scene and driving to the new house.
                Sam waiting in the car outside Jack's house.
                Daniel says "No syrup?"

Comment

Soo....in general we don't miss out on a lot with the shorter version...

Hmmm...would have saved me some seeing on TV. I've never seen the short version.

sigpic

Comment

That sounds right about the shortened Threads version. I only miss the florist scene when Jack says, "Go pick flowers!" and Carter looks so uncomfortable. You KNOW she'd have no problem picking flowers for her wedding with Jack

Comment

Hi Shippers!
                      I just spent my afternoon reading Graceful Encore by JenCamp that was recced a few days ago. It was awesome. I loved it. So thank you to whoever posted it (I think it was Jann?).

And there goes the reading I was supposed to do for school... Oops.
                      sigpic
                      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Hi Shippers!
                        I just spent my afternoon reading Graceful Encore by JenCamp that was recced a few days ago. It was awesome. I loved it. So thank you to whoever posted it (I think it was Jann?).

And there goes the reading I was supposed to do for school... Oops.
                        *blinks*

*looks all innocent*

*adjusts halo*

*drops* To Save a Life I love this one! re-read it often!

*goes back to couch*

sigpic

Comment

*drops* To Save a Life I love this one! re-read it often!
                          and the sequel and epilogue.

Comment

Soo....in general we don't miss out on a lot with the shorter version...

Hmmm...would have saved me some seeing on TV. I've never seen the short version.

I don't know. So many of the nuances over what was going on between Sam and Jack are missing from the shortened version. Although it doesn't sound like a lot of stuff was missed, I think the ep makes much more sense in the longer version. I waited to buy S8 until they had the problem corrected. That scene with Pete calling about the flowers, for instance. Sam's discomfort at knowing Jack could overhear the call, as well as Jack's barely controlled angst over the pending nutials, spoke volumes about the internal struggles they were both going through at the time.

I think the longer version is highly preferable to the shorter one...but it's all in the nuances.

Oh. Hi. I'm back. Work has been extremely demanding lately, but I'm going to do my best to be here more. I appreciate hlndncr so much for getting the ball rolling on Valenship. And Bekki's artwork rocks!

Comment

Oh, and btw...

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                and the sequel and epilogue.
                                Ssshhh...I wanted to lure them in quietly and then all of a sudden it would be find out there is more and before they know it they're reading a fic for two days!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                                I don't know. So many of the nuances over what was going on between Sam and Jack are missing from the shortened version. Although it doesn't sound like a lot of stuff was missed, I think the ep makes much more sense in the longer version. I waited to buy S8 until they had the problem corrected. That scene with Pete calling about the flowers, for instance. Sam's discomfort at knowing Jack could overhear the call, as well as Jack's barely controlled angst over the pending nutials, spoke volumes about the internal struggles they were both going through at the time.

I think the longer version is highly preferable to the shorter one...but it's all in the nuances.

Oh. Hi. I'm back. Work has been extremely demanding lately, but I'm going to do my best to be here more. I appreciate hlndncr so much for getting the ball rolling on Valenship. And Bekki's artwork rocks!
                                Welcome back!

As for Threads, like I said, I've never seen the short version, but I wouldn't mind doing without the Teal'c/Daniel scenes. I already, normally, skip through most of those so that wouldn't make so much of a difference.
                                As for the missing Pete parts. I do understand why you want to see them since they lead up to the end where Sam breaks up with him, but in the end it isn't anything vital...I think.

Anyway...can't say a whole lot about it without ever having seen the short version.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X