Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    OH, you are so not! Trust me.

So, I'm late to the party, what are we listing, and why?
    Parts of the show that you rewind and watch over and over again.

Do list. Please.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Just got this notice from SpoilerGate

Hello, everyone

The 2011 GateFic Awards are now open and accepting nominations. At this point,
      we do not have a confirmed closing date for the end of the nomination period,
      but it will be sometime in 2011. Please note that winning nominations from the
      last awards are not eligible and that self-nominations are no longer accepted.

The biggest announcement is the inclusion of Stargate Atlantis and Stargate
      Universe to the awards.

You can nominate by going to www.gatefic.com and following the prompts.
      Membership of GateFic is not a requirement to participate in the awards.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via the GateFic
      site.

Kind regards
      GateFic team.
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Thanks for posting that announcement!

Now - everyone...go nominate all your fav S/J fic!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
          The Serpent's Venom That's a great scene you mentioned and a great episode. I usually don't fast forward, but I can't stand the whole Teal'c torture stuff.
          Thanks. But Teal'c does torture sooooo well.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          It's the bit before that where she's laying down and he's way too close to her...uh, yeah, we'll just leave it as too close the her shall we.
          I dunno, it's just a bit... like he's inhaling her.

Actually, he does that a bit, I've noticed.

*splashes happily and leaves mopping up to some other shrub*

I still don't know how that bomb didn't go off because there is no way Sam could have been completely focussed on no stuupid bomb with Jack just a breath away, literally.

'he's inhaling her'

Cags you are really off into the seriously deep end of the gutter here.

MAKE ROOM!!!!!!!!

**cannon ball splashes in**

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          So, you, and me and hedwig. Anyone else?

And do you think Jack had a Bo Derek poster ANYWHERE in his private spaces--apartment, garage, attic. . .

Come on--he's a guy-guy, right?
          He is, but he's an Uma Thurman kind-a-guy apparently and i dunno, he doesn't strike me a poster put upper

Now if there was a poster of Sam - oh I don't know- Air Force girls calender - for charity of course - I think Jack would definitely have a few of those posted in house. Every month would be December (or whatever month Sam was)
          sigpic
          sig by Mada
          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
            Happy 10/10/10 to you all!

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians! Are you guys as excited for turkey and pie as me!?
            aw man...ours doesn't come till november.....you Canadians are lucky....

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
              Thanks. But Teal'c does torture sooooo well.

I still don't know how that bomb didn't go off because there is no way Sam could have been completely focussed on no stuupid bomb with Jack just a breath away, literally.

'he's inhaling her'

MAKE ROOM!!!!!!!!

He is, but he's an Uma Thurman kind-a-guy apparently and i dunno, he doesn't strike me a poster put upper

Now if there was a poster of Sam - oh I don't know- Air Force girls calender - for charity of course - I think Jack would definitely have a few of those posted in house. Every month would be December (or whatever month Sam was)
              Bo Derek--"10"--1979

Uma Thurman--"There's Something About Mary"--1998

There's like--20--years of maturation there. Stargate Wiki says that he was born in 1952, so he'd be 27 in 1979 (probably married to Sara already, so I'm guessing no posters. But you can bet that he saw the movie--like most guys in '79).

He'd be 46 in 1998--so, even though he may appreciate the "celestial body" that Uma Thurman occupies, I REALLY doubt that he'd have run right out to see "There's Something About Mary".

So, I concur on the no posters--but I tend to believe that he'd hold a fond spot in his heart for Ms. Derek.
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Supremely and wildly OT:
                Spoiler:
                Not kidding. Not in any way SG related, but as you are my online family, I am sharing here:
                Spoiler:

My parter, Sheryl, is in Guatemala (and Peru) for a month and a half fitting walkers and wheelchairs on children in orphanages and she's started a blog! We got the kinks worked out and she has begun posting regularly. I recommend you look to the right of the screen (after you click on the link) and start with the blog titled "Sheryl's Guatemala Blog" and then read the blogs from the bottom up until you get to the current posting.

If you're interested, we've set up an email subscription so you can know when new posts are sent out. Just fill out the form on the upper righthand side of the screen. Read the posts, comment, enjoy her trip vicariously. She's having a marvelous time and is meeting some wonderful people.

Click here for the link to Sheryl's blog.

Thanks!
                Pol

And, er...really fast... loves and vice-versa.

Oh, the shippy part of this was lame. Sorry.
                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

*popping in*

Happy 10/10/10!!

Doesn't mean anything, but it's fun.
                  Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  The Aschen are coming! The Aschen are coming!

Ooops, wrong timeline.

Nevermind, we're good. Go back to your usual shipping activities.

It's the bit before that where she's laying down and he's way too close to her...uh, yeah, we'll just leave it as too close the her shall we.
                  I dunno, it's just a bit... like he's inhaling her.

Actually, he does that a bit, I've noticed.

*splashes happily and leaves mopping up to some other shrub*

Okay. . .I will. *mops mops mops*
                  Bloody spoilsport.

*pours gutter water all over thread again*
                  Gutter!!! *does cool dive into the gutter and splashes everywhere*

Just got this notice from SpoilerGate
                  Sweet!

Supremely and wildly OT:
                  Spoiler:
                  Not kidding. Not in any way SG related, but as you are my online family, I am sharing here:
                  Spoiler:

My parter, Sheryl, is in Guatemala (and Peru) for a month and a half fitting walkers and wheelchairs on children in orphanages and she's started a blog! We got the kinks worked out and she has begun posting regularly. I recommend you look to the right of the screen (after you click on the link) and start with the blog titled "Sheryl's Guatemala Blog" and then read the blogs from the bottom up until you get to the current posting.

If you're interested, we've set up an email subscription so you can know when new posts are sent out. Just fill out the form on the upper righthand side of the screen. Read the posts, comment, enjoy her trip vicariously. She's having a marvelous time and is meeting some wonderful people.

Click here for the link to Sheryl's blog.

Thanks!
                  Pol

And, er...really fast... loves and vice-versa.

Oh, the shippy part of this was lame. Sorry.
                  Oh cool!!

I haven't watched any shippy episodes in a while... I think I'll fix that now
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I went through my shippy moments and here are your preferred rewind moments through S7 (sorry I haven't capped S8 yet):

Comment

Comment

'he's inhaling her'

MAKE ROOM!!!!!!!!

Shakes water off before jumping in with my own cannonball.

Regarding Uma Thurman, she was never in There's Something About Mary, that was Cameron Diaz.

Uma was in Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction.

Anyways, my rewind list.

Locker room scene in Broca
                        Pretty much all the scenes in the cavern in Solitudes
                        The hug in Fire and Water
                        Waking Sam up and the hallway scene in Out of Mind
                        The hugs in Into the Fire
                        The force field scene in Upgrades
                        The za'tarc confessions in Divide and Conquer
                        The kiss in Window of Opportunity
                        Feeling feelings in Beneath the Surface
                        Jack rescuing Sam in Desperate Measures
                        The scenes in Loki's ship in Fragile Balance
                        The kiss in Grace
                        Jack and Teal'c rescuing Sam in Death Knell
                        The scenes in the Antarctic oupost in Lost City Part II
                        Sam seeing Jack for the first time in New Order Part II
                        Always and fishing in Threads
                        The Kiss in Moebius Part II
                        Last edited by iiradned; 10 October 2010, 11:26 PM.
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Just dropping off a fic rec:

If at first you don't succeed...
                          sigpic
                          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Nice picspam hlndncr!

Now there's a plot bunny running around the thread... quick! Someone chuck a net over it before it... it... it breeds!

Bo Derek--"10"--1979

Uma Thurman--"There's Something About Mary"--1998

There's like--20--years of maturation there. Stargate Wiki says that he was born in 1952, so he'd be 27 in 1979 (probably married to Sara already, so I'm guessing no posters. But you can bet that he saw the movie--like most guys in '79).

He'd be 46 in 1998--so, even though he may appreciate the "celestial body" that Uma Thurman occupies, I REALLY doubt that he'd have run right out to see "There's Something About Mary".

So, I concur on the no posters--but I tend to believe that he'd hold a fond spot in his heart for Ms. Derek.

But...

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                            Regarding Uma Thurman, she was never in There's Something About Mary, that was Cameron Diaz.

That.

Although, I just ask hubby (who is the same age as RDA and thus more or less Jack's age too and was married to first wife in 1979 with one kidlet) and his response was "Bo Derek, yes, basically she was famous for being married to a director and taking her kit off a lot." So, nah, he didn't find that sexy (apart from the whole concept of Bolero and... umm, yeah that ) so I could imagine Jack might not necessarily have done the usual male thing and found her particularly appealing. Jack strikes me as the kind of guy who doesn't go for the obviously sexy but goes for something a little less tangible anyway.
                            Uma Thurman is hot but not obviously sexy (I mean she doesn't have a pneumatic body that she puts as much of on display at every opportunity) and neither is Mary Steenbergen who we know he has a thing for too. And, looking at his ex wife (who came across as a very capable and independent type of woman), and at Kerry (who came across as a very capable and independent type of woman - are we seeing a pattern here?) then I think he's far more attracted to personality than to looks.
                            I always thought part of the big attraction he has to Sam is precisely because of who she is underneath the fact she's an undeniably beautiful woman. She's completely unconscious of how attractive she really is, but she has this amazing enthusiasm for what she does and is extremely smart and capable in everything she puts her mind to. I think that, to Jack, is what's attractive.

Of course that's not to say Jack would not look at any woman of any era / age and think they're hot. Hubby does sometimes about much younger women (uh one of them sitting right here actually ) but there's a big difference to having a chemically driven physical reaction to a hot body than to having an emotional reaction to a beautiful mind.

Pol OT
                            Spoiler:

Awesome! I'm going to check that out and follow her progress. *hugs* because I know you're missing her, but I bet you're very proud of her too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                              Shakes water off before jumping in with my own cannonball.

Anyways, my rewind list.

Locker room scene in Broca
                              Pretty much all the scenes in the cavern in Solitudes
                              The hug in Fire and Water
                              Waking Sam up and the hallway scene in Out of Mind
                              The hugs in Into the Fire
                              The force field scene in Upgrades
                              The za'tarc confessions in Divide and Conquer
                              The kiss in Window of Opportunity
                              Feeling feelings in Beneath the Surface
                              Jack rescuing Sam in Desperate Measures
                              The scenes in Loki's ship in Fragile Balance
                              The kiss in Grace
                              Jack and Teal'c rescuing Sam in Death Knell
                              The scenes in the Antarctic oupost in Lost City Part II
                              Sam seeing Jack for the first time in New Order Part II
                              Always and fishing in Threads
                              The Kiss in Moebius Part II
                              Do'h! My bad. I was thinking about "The Truth About Cats and Dogs"--which I'm fairly sure Jack wouldn't have run right out to see, either. Color me embarrassed!
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                                Just dropping off a fic rec:

If at first you don't succeed...
                                Thank you for this! It was a total riot. Wonderful way to wake up in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X