Happy Birthday!!!!!!
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      *popping in...*

Prezzies! New Campfire, and thank you all for your great suggestions.

We're finally at the end of Season 3!! Woohooo. One more ep (which is really the two-parter) and on to the super shippy Season 4! YES!!
      Oh fantastic new Campfire! I enjoyed it so much. This may be one of my favorites! The voices are so on that I can hear them.
      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        OT
        Spoiler:
        Todays my 21st birthday
        Happy birthday! Enjoy it!

Comment

OT
          Spoiler:
          Todays my 21st birthday
          Well, in that case:

Happy Birthday!

Comment

I'm so glad there are other faces here - I've been seriously bored all day! Did watch numurous stargate eps though...

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
              So...OT but SG and S/J fic-related:
              Spoiler:
              I got this review today, and the "anonymous" reviewer's name (JC didn't feel strong enough in his/her manhood/womanhood/braininess to leave me the option to respond) is left in just 'cause I'm supremely irritated.

Double-spoilered 'cause I'm really irked and saving those who don't care the reading space...
              Spoiler:

You know what? BITE ME. And, I'm sorry, what is "1-9 and reread 1?" Does that mean you read chapters 1-9 and then went back and reread #1? If I'm so delusional, then why waste your time?

Just to refresh everyone's memory, this is header/blurb from my ff dot net page:

If you're not bright enough to know what "romance" means when the stories clearly state they focus on the "growth of the relationship between Sam and Jack," then you're clearly an idiot.

Oh, and thanks, by the way, for the back-handed compliment, that though I am "delusional," I write "write well-written fantasies."

Helloooooooo, of course it's a fantasy, you fuzzy little troll, it's fan-FICTION. Did I miss the part where I write for the show and have shown their (S/J) resolved relationship on screen and NO LONGER NEED to write my fan-FICTION? Yup, must have.

Constructive (look it up, I know it's a term foreign to our troll) criticism I can take and learn from. Name-calling is a waste of my time and yours. I don't need your approval or your praise. If you don't like what I write, here's a little tip, Don't. Read. It.. Troll.

I have kept anonymous reviews possible on my ff dot net site because I find it annoying that one has to register and/or have an account to leave feedback. Yeah, I'm over that. Which is a shame, because some of my best and most loyal reviewers have been those who review anonymously and that I have gotten to know because they chose to share their email information with me.

Why post this here, you ask? Because here is the only place I post notices of my S/J fanfic.

I find it interesting that we are constantly admonished about saying anything that even hints at something that might be construed as negative. We are modded (without notice) if a post is perceived to contain a mildly non-positive note about or, saints preserve us, something that may be "anti," well, anti's.

But it's okay for someone who is clearly not a shipper to troll here, find a notice about updated fic, then go to that persons page and call them "delusional."

*Scratches head.* How is that fair?

So...

...that means, ladies and gents, we have a troll in-house. A fuzzy, cowardly little troll.

Oh, and to keep this on-topic, and 'cause I need it:
              OMG Pol - what a nasty person What's not to misunderstand about "Because I care about her. A lot more than I'm supposed to", how hard is that grrr. And the other thing as well - more grrrs x Aren't people odd

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                I'm so glad there are other faces here - I've been seriously bored all day! Did watch numurous stargate eps though...
                Which ones? I've been watching "Orpheus" over and over (after having just finished up Season 8 **sigh**!), so I'm kind of caught up in that era of SG-1.

Speaking of which.

Spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                What's with Sam's hair in that episode? Seriously. It's HUGE. It's like Texas hair! And that WILL make it into my review of the episode, by the way! Forewarned is fore-haired? Or something. . .
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                  Which ones? I've been watching "Orpheus" over and over (after having just finished up Season 8 **sigh**!), so I'm kind of caught up in that era of SG-1.

Speaking of which.

Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  What's with Sam's hair in that episode? Seriously. It's HUGE. It's like Texas hair! And that WILL make it into my review of the episode, by the way! Forewarned is fore-haired? Or something. . .
                  Late season 2 - early season 3. It was my whole attempt (when I started at the beginning) to get my house mate to watch SG1, only her interest in waining somewhat and I've kinda sped through several episodes just cos they're so great. From 1969 to points of view. Oh and because I was lurking in the s/j discussion thread with the s7 rewatch I ended up watching fallen/homecoming just to watch the briefing room scene that everyone was going on about

Comment

OT
                    Spoiler:
                    Todays my 21st birthday
                    Happy 21st LC. Enjoy this time in your life. I mean that. Be safe, have fun, and treat yourself to super shippy eps!
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Late season 2 - early season 3. It was my whole attempt (when I started at the beginning) to get my house mate to watch SG1, only her interest in waining somewhat and I've kinda sped through several episodes just cos they're so great. From 1969 to points of view. Oh and because I was lurking in the s/j discussion thread with the s7 rewatch I ended up watching fallen/homecoming just to watch the briefing room scene that everyone was going on about
                      I find if I'm going to get someone interested in the show, I tend to show "1969", or "Window of Opportunity", or "Lost City". Although, I also love "Urgo" for that purpose. If I know that they're all about ships, then I'll show "Divide and Conquer".

Because who could resist watching the rest of the series when introduced to the Glory of the Ship?
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

I find if I'm going to get someone interested in the show, I tend to show "1969", or "Window of Opportunity", or "Lost City". Although, I also love "Urgo" for that purpose. If I know that they're all about ships, then I'll show "Divide and Conquer".

Because who could resist watching the rest of the series when introduced to the Glory of the Ship?
                        I had only seen a few episodes of SG-1 years ago, but I was an SGA fan and loved Sam -- so a friend of mine said "You have to watch Solitudes. It's got everything! How can you go wrong with hurt/comfort and huddling together for warmth? And it's totally your thing, the female eromenos to the nth degree!" She was right. Solitudes hooked me!
                        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

You would think so, wouldn't you?

I actually am guilty on picking certain eps (in order) to watch when she's around so that she will catch it and get stuck in. And for the most part she enjoys it - just not like we do! She did get really interested in S6 though and she loves Jack.... like anyone can resist him!

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                            I had only seen a few episodes of SG-1 years ago, but I was an SGA fan and loved Sam -- so a friend of mine said "You have to watch Solitudes. It's got everything! How can you go wrong with hurt/comfort and huddling together for warmth? And it's totally your thing, the female eromenos to the nth degree!" She was right. Solitudes hooked me!
                            For me it was the other way round. SGA got kicked onto a cable channel after its first year over here and as I was a student at the time, I didn't get to watch it. It wasn't until Sam went into S4 that I decided to watch it all from the beginning again and got stuck back into it!

Comment

For me it was the other way round. SGA got kicked onto a cable channel after its first year over here and as I was a student at the time, I didn't get to watch it. It wasn't until Sam went into S4 that I decided to watch it all from the beginning again and got stuck back into it!
                              I watched some SG-1 season six when my daughter was a baby, because that's the season that was airing at the time, and I liked it but wasn't crazy about it. Then I went back to work, and we stopped getting cable because nobody ever had time to watch it, so.... Then I totally loved Sam in season four of SGA!
                              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                                You would think so, wouldn't you?

I actually am guilty on picking certain eps (in order) to watch when she's around so that she will catch it and get stuck in. And for the most part she enjoys it - just not like we do! She did get really interested in S6 though and she loves Jack.... like anyone can resist him!
                                My husband had been watching for a while, and I'd been peeking in every once in a while. But it wasn't until he made me sit down and watch "Window of Opportunity" that I was irrevocably hooked.

So, when I started watching the series all over again, I watched it looking for the ship. For me, it's not a distraction, it makes it more humanistic.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X