Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artie View Post
    This is when Vala's missing, and she doesn't show up again until the season nine ender, and Daniel doesn't know for sure she's alive until the season ten opener.... So, yeah. Daniel's alone.

Team night cancelled makes sense, because Sam wants an evening alone with Jack. So Daniel and Cam go to a bar. Yeah! This story is shaping up! Thank you! *mwah*
    Accepts *mwah* and waits for fic.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Thank you!

I'm not sure how he'd let Sam know. He might talk to Daniel or Teal'c? Teal'c might actually work better, for all that he's quieter. Daniel's in such a bad mood for the whole end of season nine.... What do you think?
      Does Cam really think he'll get anything out of the tight-lipped Jaffa? Especially something as personal as a confirmation of Sam and Jack being in a relationship? Might be fun to see him try! LOL!

Yes, that's right, Daniel's leather-clad princess with her bondage bracelets isn't in the later part of season 9. Maybe him being injured and on downtime will allow him to reflect (maybe with Cam's help?) just WHY he's been in a bad mood.... because his bondage babe (who he didn't like in the first place!) isn't there and he's forced to realize that maybe he liked her a bit more than he wanted to admit to himself...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        Maybe that's your answer. Why is Daniel in a foul mood? Because he's alone--Teal'c has Ishta, Sam has Jack, and Daniel is ostensibly alone (for all that I believe that he and Vala are together later on). Maybe Jack comes into town for a meeting and a team night gets canceled so that Sam can be alone with him. Daniel and Cam go out for a drink. . . and then Jack and Sam show up at the same bar. . .

Maybe?
        I dunno. I can't imagine Sam and Jack (the relationship is fairly new at this point) would go anywhere alone in public in Colorado Springs.

I imagine the first year of their relationship (since they didn't spend much of it together!) would be spent inside re-familiarizing themselves with the feel and taste of.... well, dive into the gutter and there you'll have the rest of my thought.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          Does Cam really think he'll get anything out of the tight-lipped Jaffa? Especially something as personal as a confirmation of Sam and Jack being in a relationship? Might be fun to see him try! LOL!

Yes, that's right, Daniel's leather-clad princess with her bondage bracelets isn't in the later part of season 9. Maybe him being injured and on downtime will allow him to reflect (maybe with Cam's help?) just WHY he's been in a bad mood.... because his bondage babe (who he didn't like in the first place!) isn't there and he's forced to realize that maybe he liked her a bit more than he wanted to admit to himself...

Yeah, ok, getting anything out of Teal'c may be a lost cause!

I kind of ship Cam/Vala instead of Daniel/Vala, so I'm not sure I'd play that quite that way.... (realizes there are approximately five Cam/Vala shippers in the world) But Cam might have an easier time getting Daniel to talk. Especially with a few beers in him, because we all know Daniel's a cheap drunk!
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I dunno. I can't imagine Sam and Jack (the relationship is fairly new at this point) would go anywhere alone in public in Colorado Springs.

I imagine the first year of their relationship (since they didn't spend much of it together!) would be spent inside re-familiarizing themselves with the feel and taste of.... well, dive into the gutter and there you'll have the rest of my thought.
            Yeah, I don't think they'd go anywhere alone in Colorado Springs. In DC if she comes to visit him, yes. But I think "at home" there's way too much chance of running into people they know that would make things awkward.

And yes, more time in the gutter! Why leave the house when there are very nice gutters at home?
            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Yeah, ok, getting anything out of Teal'c may be a lost cause!

I kind of ship Cam/Vala instead of Daniel/Vala, so I'm not sure I'd play that quite that way.... (realizes there are approximately five Cam/Vala shippers in the world) But Cam might have an easier time getting Daniel to talk. Especially with a few beers in him, because we all know Daniel's a cheap drunk!

I've never been bothered about who Daniel is shipped with. I don't really care all that much for the character in the shippy sense. If anything, I'd have liked to have seen him with his old collegue Sarah!

Liking Vala being around and being interested in her romantically are two different things I have faith you'll work it out

Yeah, I don't think they'd go anywhere alone in Colorado Springs. In DC if she comes to visit him, yes. But I think "at home" there's way too much chance of running into people they know that would make things awkward.

And yes, more time in the gutter! Why leave the house when there are very nice gutters at home?
              And perfectly good delivery places for that food they'll need to sustain the energy needed for guttery things....
              sigpic

Comment

What episode is that when Teal'c tells Cam that he reminds him of O'Neill. Cam says something like, "I'll take that as a compliment." And Teal'c says, "As you wish." (or something like that). Just thinking of that makes me laugh. Is it the ep with the bugs at the science site and the team is asked to protect the IOA delegates? Now I have to go watch it again.

But I don't think that Teal'c would volunteer the information, but he might give one of his little head inclinations and intimate that he knew something.

"How long has this been going on?" Cam asked.

"Oh--let's see--since the first moment they met. And I seem to recall a rather--intimate--embrace that they shared in the locker room during our first year as a team."

"Really? When?" Cam's voice sharpened as he squinted at Daniel. "Well, that just doesn't sound like either of them. Going at each other in public like that."

"Well, she was a cave man at the time." Daniel's lips curved in a little half smile. "Cave girl? Cave woman? Female of the Neanderthal persuasion. Whatever. She jumped him, if that helps."

"It doesn't."

"Anyhow--now that you know, we won't have to tiptoe around it so much."

"Well, holy crap." Cam leaned against the padded back rest of the booth. "Who'd have thunk it?"

Daniel shrugged. "Oh--there have been rumors and innuendos floating around for years. You should see Jack's face whenever someone mentions oatmeal."

"Oatmeal?" Cam's eyes narrowed. "What does that mean?"

Daniel cast a look at Teal'c from over the rim of his glass. "You want to fill the boy in?"

But Teal'c merely lowered his eyelids, and tilted one brow upwards. His expression conveyed that he knew much much more than he was letting on. Still, however, his only response was a drawn-out, "No."
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

I've never been bothered about who Daniel is shipped with. I don't really care all that much for the character in the shippy sense. If anything, I'd have liked to have seen him with his old collegue Sarah!

Liking Vala being around and being interested in her romantically are two different things I have faith you'll work it out

And perfectly good delivery places for that food they'll need to sustain the energy needed for guttery things....
                  Absolutely! No reason to ever leave the house. (Even if Vala would say that's boooooring!)
                  sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Absolutely! No reason to ever leave the house. (Even if Vala would say that's boooooring!)

After 8 years of restraint and delicious (ok, to US. LOL!) sexual tension, I imagine (don't look at me that way, I know everyone else imagines it, too!) nothing about their intimate life is boring....

I think the cliche 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' (and more desperate to rip your loved one out of his/her clothes the moment you're reunited), applies in this case.
                    sigpic

Comment

After 8 years of restraint and delicious (ok, to US. LOL!) sexual tension, I imagine (don't look at me that way, I know everyone else imagines it, too!) nothing about their intimate life is boring....

I think the cliche 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' (and more desperate to rip your loved one out of his/her clothes the moment you're reunited), applies in this case.
                      Agreed--but you know how Jack feels about cliches.

Having said that--I think it's kind of sexier to go out from time to time, too--to heighten the senses, and force you to concentrate on something else so that when you get back home, it's that much better. I can see the first few "visits" being non-stop-order-in-answer-the-door-in-his-shirt-fests, but after a while, being out together would shake things up a bit. And in a town the size of Colorado Springs, I'm sure that they could find places that aren't frequented by other people. There are nearly 400,000 people living there.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

What episode is that when Teal'c tells Cam that he reminds him of O'Neill. Cam says something like, "I'll take that as a compliment." And Teal'c says, "As you wish." (or something like that). Just thinking of that makes me laugh. Is it the ep with the bugs at the science site and the team is asked to protect the IOA delegates? Now I have to go watch it again.

But I don't think that Teal'c would volunteer the information, but he might give one of his little head inclinations and intimate that he knew something.

"Oh--let's see--since the first moment they met. And I seem to recall a rather--intimate--embrace that they shared in the locker room during our first year as a team."

"Really? When?" Cam's voice sharpened as he squinted at Daniel. "Well, that just doesn't sound like either of them. Going at each other in public like that."

"Well, she was a cave man at the time." Daniel's lips curved in a little half smile. "Cave girl? Cave woman? Female of the Neanderthal persuasion. Whatever. She jumped him, if that helps."

"It doesn't."

"Well, holy crap." Cam leaned against the padded back rest of the booth. "Who'd have thunk it?"

Daniel shrugged. "Oh--there have been rumors and innuendos floating around for years. You should see Jack's face whenever someone mentions oatmeal."

Daniel cast a look at Teal'c from over the rim of his glass. "You want to fill the boy in?"

But Teal'c merely lowered his eyelids, and tilted one brow upwards. His expression conveyed that he knew much much more than he was letting on. Still, however, his only response was a drawn-out, "No."
                        Oh that's lovely! *claps hands*
                        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

You have 99 degrees this week, huh? We had 110 + last week. Now, we have - rain and dreary and 60 degrees.

Thanks for the fic recs! I'm desperate for something good to read.
                          I live in England - I'm saying no more.......

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                          [COLOR="black"]Okay, here's the thing. I owe everyone (who cares about them) a Campfire. The thing is, the next ep is *heavily* Daniel-centric and he's still in my doghouse (don't ask, I'm not sure I remember why, but he is).

So. I need some help from the Family.

Give me a prompt for Crystal Skull for a Campfire. It would help if you knew the Campfire-verse (which is basically ours with ratcheted-up UST), but not required.
                          Sorry I'm so late to the discussion but what about the time in the briefing room at the beginning and they're sitting very close together

"It doesn't."

Hah - liked that

Comment

Having said that--I think it's kind of sexier to go out from time to time, too--to heighten the senses, and force you to concentrate on something else so that when you get back home, it's that much better. I can see the first few "visits" being non-stop-order-in-answer-the-door-in-his-shirt-fests, but after a while, being out together would shake things up a bit. And in a town the size of Colorado Springs, I'm sure that they could find places that aren't frequented by other people. There are nearly 400,000 people living there.
                            They can always drive to Denver. It's only an hour the way Sam drives!
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

They can always drive to Denver. It's only an hour the way Sam drives!
                              And there are many, many places to pull off the road.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

So are there any fics out there that deal with him coming home from that little adventure and Sam being worried about HIM being in danger? Since, you know, he's in Washington now and he is usually the one anxious for Sam to get back from the front lines...
                                There are definitely two out there that I've read and come across a few times whenever I've done a search. Of course now I'm particularly looking for one of them I can't seem to find it! The one that sticks most in my mind is where Jack comes home (Sam's place) and Sam runs him a bubble bath of which they both share. I'm pretty sure its all gutter after that though

If I find some I'll let you know!

Comment

Working...
                                X