Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
    So, do you just spend your days trolling YT for brilliant videos? Because if so, you're quite good at your job!

Lovely vid, simply lovely. Thanks so much for finding and sharing.
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      So, do you just spend your days trolling YT for brilliant videos? Because if so, you're quite good at your job!

Lovely vid, simply lovely. Thanks so much for finding and sharing.
      AHAH of course! My friend call this "You-Tunnel"
      But it's usually simpler for me cos I know many vidders and in this case she always sends me her vids by email
      sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        *wanders in*

*sees gutter water everywhere*

Sigh...

*grabs mop and starts cleaning up*

No cleaning up the gutter water!!

Originally posted by Artie View Post
        This one's not on the bike, but it's Sam driving and it's very hot! Mature, so I'm linking to her Jack/Sam list, not to the fic itself. Scroll down to Drink That Sun. http://penknife.livejournal.com/tag/sg1%3A%20jack%2Fsam This one of my all time favorite Jack/Sam stories -- a post season eight road trip. Penknife is really good.
        Cool!!

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        I was talking about motorcycles. I myself have ridden motorcycles in just such a fashion. Granted, I didn't have the same wardrobe as Sam (or the same beauty. . .), or the same ability, but it was still fun. Riding motorcycles. Because, you know, she has one. A motorcycle. That she rides. Wearing leather.

I don't know what the rest of you are talking about.
        Yeah right!

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
        !!!SECRET SANTA!!!

What is Secret Santa?
        Everyone who signs up for it makes something for another person. You can make anything you like. Music videos, fanmix, icons, wallpapers, headers, poem, fics, stories, picture stories, ... Be creative, everything is a go.
        So you'll be making something for someone but you'll also be getting something.
        You do have to make something that is related to Sam/Jack, unless you know that person will also be happy with something else.

How does it work?
        Fill in this form, and mail it to: [email protected]
        Subject line should be: Secret Santa Sam/Jack thread. If you don't do this, it will end up in my spam!!!

Your E-mail: So I can contact you (it will not go to the person who has to make something for you). Please do use the same e-mail when sending me your form, it makes things easier for me
        Nickname: and name if you want it to be personal. This is NOT COMPULSORY. Since I'm not on here much, nicknames (full nicknames that is) will help me!
        Things you want to make: Just tell me what your willing to make, if you are willing to do everything, just say so.
        Things you don't want to make:
        Things you really like made for you:
        Things you don't like made for you:
        Favourite colour, episode, moment, picture, song, quote, plotbunny,other shows: obviously you don't have to answer on everything but it might help the person who makes something for you to give you what you really like!
        message for your secret santa: be original, cause it is funny. Please don't skip it because your secret santa might like it

Deadlines:
        Singing up can be until 5th November then I'll send the assignments out around the 8th of November.

Assignments have to be in my mailbox before the 15th December! Then I'll be mailing them off to everyone And if you want you can post them on this thread.

Attention:
        If I got your e-mail of signing up and also later when you send me the assignment i'll mail you back as soon as possible, so you know I got your e-mail. If you didn't get a e-mail back, I didn't get it. Sometimes it might take a few days though.

I could also do with some people who wants to be a back-up when someone can't make something or forgot, cause i have experienced that from other years. If you wanna be a back-up please add that to your mail. Thanks!!!

Also if you know shippers who aren't on this thread any more, or on GW any more but still wanna participate, you can always send this message.

!!!SECRET SANTA!!!
        Hurray!!
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Thanks for all the fic recs lately! I'm under the weather (like everyone else) and it's really nice to have some smut fic to read.

*wanders in*

*sees gutter water everywhere*

Sigh...

*grabs mop and starts cleaning up*

Why bother?

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
          !!!SECRET SANTA!!!

<snip>
          Cool. Thanks for doing this!
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            AHAH of course! My friend call this "You-Tunnel"
            But it's usually simpler for me cos I know many vidders and in this case she always sends me her vids by email
            You now I may start to call you that too!
            That's cool, I only know a few vidders

+ =
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              Why bother?

I sometimes wonder myself. It's not like I mind the gutter...

Artie, interesting what you said about liking both Sam/Jack and Jack/Daniel:

Spoiler:

While I don't ship Jack and Daniel, per se, I do see where people are coming from with it. Sometimes they do stuff that's just so deliberate it makes me giggle. I love reading fics that have the same tone. I don't think you have to be exclusively a shipper for one pairing - completely loyal to the exclusion of all others - but I don't hold any pairings in relevance as much as I do Sam/ Jack (and possibly Daniel/Vala) because, IMO, those are the only two (SG-1 anyway) that have any solid basis in on screen canon evidence.) The rest are just for amusement only.

For those dithering over Secret Santa. Do it! It's great fun. We have a ball on pressie swapping day when everyone gets to post their pressies up for everyone to see. You don't have to be super talented at anything; just a friendly sort of person who likes giving and seeing other people's faces (metaphorically in this case) light up with joy.

Thanks, once again, Eve, for takign the time to organise it.
              sigpic

Comment

Artie, interesting what you said about liking both Sam/Jack and Jack/Daniel:

Spoiler:
                While I don't ship Jack and Daniel, per se, I do see where people are coming from with it. Sometimes they do stuff that's just so deliberate it makes me giggle. I love reading fics that have the same tone. I don't think you have to be exclusively a shipper for one pairing - completely loyal to the exclusion of all others - but I don't hold any pairings in relevance as much as I do Sam/ Jack (and possibly Daniel/Vala) because, IMO, those are the only two (SG-1 anyway) that have any solid basis in on screen canon evidence.) The rest are just for amusement only.
                Spoiler:
                I can definitely see the chemistry between Jack and Daniel -- I just think they'd kill each other! I can buy it as a short and somewhat disastrous thing, with them managing to stay friends, but not as a long term relationship. I just think their temperaments would clash. Jack likes to keep secrets and he's such a private person, and Daniel is so painfully honest and needs that honesty from others. I see the chemistry, but also the conflict. Whereas Jack and Sam are very compatible. Every weekend wouldn't turn into a power struggle. They get along so well and work together with much less friction.

But I will buy it well written, and I'll buy the threesome as an occasional thing, especially very late when everyone is solid in their friendships.

But that's me! Everyone's mileage varies! I also really like Cam/Vala, which I realize is not exactly popular!
                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Jack/Daniel - I can't do slash. There's a great fic out there and I wish I'd saved it (I saw it on LJ) that sort of pokes fun at this whole concept. It was called like One-Way Street or Two Way Street...but the author writes how they just can't see that as part of Jack's sexuality. Jack has a lot of secrets...somehow I just don't think this is one of them. Daniel on the other hand...

The fic was funny because after a discussion with Daniel, he encounters Sam and calls Daniel to tell him "that his street only goes one way."

It was really adorable and I wish I could remember who wrote it >.<

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                    Jack/Daniel - I can't do slash. There's a great fic out there and I wish I'd saved it (I saw it on LJ) that sort of pokes fun at this whole concept. It was called like One-Way Street or Two Way Street...but the author writes how they just can't see that as part of Jack's sexuality. Jack has a lot of secrets...somehow I just don't think this is one of them. Daniel on the other hand...

The fic was funny because after a discussion with Daniel, he encounters Sam and calls Daniel to tell him "that his street only goes one way."

It was really adorable and I wish I could remember who wrote it >.<
                    i know exactly which fic you're talking about, and i loved it for just the reason you stated!

it's called "One-Way Street" by SelDear
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Here it is by Seldear:

Seldear notes:
                      Spoiler:
                      AUTHOR'S NOTES: It's always struck me as howlingly funny at the amount of slashfic there is in Stargate fandom - and almost all of it involves Jack O' Neill. I can think of very few guys who are more heterosexual than Jack O' Neill as RDA depicts him - the scene with Teal'c in 'Between Two Fires' is a case in point. Now Daniel Jackson as played by Michael Shanks I could see as bisexual, but between Sha'ure, Hathor, Shyla, and Kyra (young version of Linnaea), I really can't see him being gay. Obviously the slashers will disagree with me, but I disagree with them. This is my take on the 'sexuality situation' between Jack and Daniel.

Two-Way Street

The "One-Way Street" is an S/J sequel for the more "mature" audience

Comment

Ohhh! Secret Santa seems great!

And thanks for all those fic recs. I have some reading to do.
                        sigpic
                        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Here it is by Seldear:

Seldear notes:
                          Spoiler:
                          AUTHOR'S NOTES: It's always struck me as howlingly funny at the amount of slashfic there is in Stargate fandom - and almost all of it involves Jack O' Neill. I can think of very few guys who are more heterosexual than Jack O' Neill as RDA depicts him - the scene with Teal'c in 'Between Two Fires' is a case in point. Now Daniel Jackson as played by Michael Shanks I could see as bisexual, but between Sha'ure, Hathor, Shyla, and Kyra (young version of Linnaea), I really can't see him being gay. Obviously the slashers will disagree with me, but I disagree with them. This is my take on the 'sexuality situation' between Jack and Daniel.

Two-Way Street

Thanks for these...both.

Comment

Here it is by Seldear:

Seldear notes:
                            Spoiler:

Two-Way Street

Just to note I got a virus warning when I clicked on the link above.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              Just to note I got a virus warning when I clicked on the link above.
                              I did as well.
                              sigpic
                              The Return of King Arthur
                              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                                I did as well.
                                re virus warning.

Huh, I didn't. But I'm on a Mac. Wonder if that makes a difference.

Edit: it's a scam. I just checked in my ipad and got a "virus warning" and for kicks clicked "ok" and it showed me that it was running a "live check" on my system. Only the system that was showing was a DOS-based system (ie, pc). I laughed out loud as it insisted that it "found" two viruses.

Really?

In my "win/system" folder. Suuuuuuuure.

Again, it's a scam. I can email the files to anyone who asks, but we should alert SelDear that her page has been hacked.

Oh, and on topic: x14

Comment

Working...
                                X