No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was channel surfacing recently and happened on the start of Continuum on a Spanish language channel. I watched until Jack was killed. Muy triste, I reason I bring this up--I don't keep up on SG doings as much as I used to (and should) and was wondering if Continuum has been on Syfy or any other non-pay channel in English. Seems like I would have noticed it on Syfy, but maybe not. And who would know better than shippers?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
      I was channel surfacing recently and happened on the start of Continuum on a Spanish language channel. I watched until Jack was killed. Muy triste, I reason I bring this up--I don't keep up on SG doings as much as I used to (and should) and was wondering if Continuum has been on Syfy or any other non-pay channel in English. Seems like I would have noticed it on Syfy, but maybe not. And who would know better than shippers?
      It's been on Syfy in English. There have been one or two SG1 marathons over the last year, and during a couple of them "Ark of Truth" and "Continuum" have been included in the marathons.

Comment

It was on here a couple of days ago on a regular non-cable channel I think, but I don't remember which one. It's also available on Hulu for free as are all the episodes of SG-1. Hulu makes me all warm and fuzzy. :-p

Comment

I just watched Continuum tonight with my mother and I learned that she had never seen it before! Even though she's watched all of SG1 and SGA a number of times. How is that possible?

So obviously we need a few Continuum shippy pics!

Spoiler:

Sam smiles when Landry mentions Jack and makes a comment that acknowledges her understanding of his history with Baal

Sam and Jack stand closely together during Ba'al's extraction ceremony

Jack tells Baal that his life is quite good (A reference to his relationship with Sam perhaps?)

She refuses to leave him when he dies

Sam is devastated by his death and cannot function back on Earth in the changed timeline - Mitchell has to remind her they need her

Sam is ecstatic to see Jack alive and Jack seems delighted to see her but she is confused when he calls her a dead astronaut

She can’t stop looking at him when they come aboard the sub

Sam realizes this Jack is not her Jack in the ward room of the submarine

The interrogation sequence is a nice call back to POV

Sam shops for 'Frootees' - the timelines version of Fruit Loops

With the timeline restored, Jack invites everyone to lunch and even offers to buy at Sam's non-verbal prodding

Jack and Sam walk off together to talk about a 'moonbase'

Comment

*happy shippy sigh*

I want to rewatch Continuum now *goes to look for DVD*
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              It's been on Syfy in English. There have been one or two SG1 marathons over the last year, and during a couple of them "Ark of Truth" and "Continuum" have been included in the marathons.
              I veiw all of the eps and movies on Netflix via instant.
              hlndncr -thanks for the shippiness.
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Love the Continuum pix! Methinks it's time to watch it again....

On another note, I have a question for all of you FF readers.... I was reading Seldear's Honour Bound series on archiveofourown. I've only read the first two stories ("Waving and Drowning" and "A Life for a Life"), but the second story just... ends. I'm assuming there are more stories in this series, but I can't find the sequel anywhere (I've looked on FF, samandjack.net, heliopolis, and Seldear's own website). Does anyone know where I can find the all of the stories in this series?

Comment

OK, never mind! I just found an author's note at the end of the second story (don't know how I missed that!) saying that she never got around to finishing the series.... Aaarrgghhh! I hate it when that happens. I wish she had added the note at the beginning of the series... this way, I could have been forewarned. Oh well!

Comment

i'm kinda wondering what the relationship was like between O'Neill (The Special Forces Colonel) and Carter (The Astronaut) in the alternate timeline in continuum.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      i'm kinda wondering what the relationship was like between O'Neill (The Special Forces Colonel) and Carter (The Astronaut) in the alternate timeline in continuum.
                      Most likely there wasn't one. I can't imagine where their duties would have crossed much. But I'm sure there's a fic there somewhere.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        Most likely there wasn't one. I can't imagine where their duties would have crossed much. But I'm sure there's a fic there somewhere.
                        oh i'm sure there is.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                          oh i'm sure there is.
                          I don't know. He seems so happy to see her at first. Maybe he just admired her from afar.

As for fics with this scenerio, I like this one: Starcrossed by Regency

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            I don't know. He seems so happy to see her at first. Maybe he just admired her from afar.

As for fics with this scenerio, I like this one: Starcrossed by Regency
                            Maybe it's just because she's a national hero. Maybe it's just because she's hot. Who knows? I just don't see where they would have had a personal connection while fulfilling the normal functions of their jobs. But I'll check out the fix when I have a chance.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                              Well come to think of it, Jack would find her sexy in most anything

I can see her wearing them if it's just her and Jack at the cabin. With Danny and T around.... not so much.
                              I agree. I don't believe it's in Sam's character to dress to tease with Daniel and Teal'c around.

The 'moonbase' comment at the end of Continuum is a reference to Atlantis being moved to the moon after the SGA series finale Enemy at the Gate.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                                I agree. I don't believe it's in Sam's character to dress to tease with Daniel and Teal'c around.

The 'moonbase' comment at the end of Continuum is a reference to Atlantis being moved to the moon after the SGA series finale Enemy at the Gate.
                                Actually it's not; although that's a common misconception.

Continuum was filmed in spring/summer 2007 and first aired in summer 2008.

That line was filmed long before Enemy at the Gate (aired Jan. 2009) or Extinction were ever written, and the action in Continuum takes place at the beginning of SGA season 5--a year prior to Atlantis returning to earth.

I was listening to the Continuum commentary yesterday and when Sam mentions the moonbase Jack was supposed to reply, "Sounds like work to me." But RDA had trouble with the line. RCC was on set that day and heard Sam mention a moonbase. He turned to Brad and said, "What moonbase?" And that became the line. At the time, there had been no plans for a moonbase of any kind. It was only afterward that Joe and Paul decided to have the Atlantis movie begin on the moon.

Comment

Working...
                                X