Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i *hope* she didn't know, b/c if she did and 'still' didn't do anything about it with him (like break up with him, or chew him a new one), then it's hard to see that strong and independent sam in there.

wait... just before pete proposed, he and sam were joking about him 'stalking' her...

guh, and anti shippers said the s/j ship made the characters look like dufuses...
    (*actually it was the writers who did that - in spite of objections by the actors*)

Comment

i *hope* she didn't know, b/c if she did and 'still' didn't do anything about it with him (like break up with him, or chew him a new one), then it's hard to see that strong and independent sam in there.

wait... just before pete proposed, he and sam were joking about him 'stalking' her...

guh, and anti shippers said the s/j ship made the characters look like dufuses...
      But isn't that kind of the point of the Pete Fiasco? That Sam, professionally kick butt and strong, is also Sam, who doesn't deal well with personal relationships? She wasn't herself with Pete. She had no opinions. She didn't really put herself out to plan their wedding. She couldn't tell him until Zero Hour (not the episode--the actual hour) that she truly didn't love him--and that was only because she'd finally understood what her dad was saying, and because Jack FINALLY told her that he'd ALWAYS be there for her. I think that it took her that long to figure it out.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        My fave looks of her in civvies are the leather pants/jacket in "Space Race", and the blue skirt/sweater set that she wore in "Threads" that apparently everyone else hated, and Nightwalkers. I'm a chick and I can totally appreciate that outfit.

But I abso-freakin-lutely hate the grandma pants with the sweater vest tucked in that she sported in "Ascension". **shudders convulsively** And I equally didn't like the hairdo in the Chimera date scene. I was kind of 'meh' on the dress.

I also think she looks good in the civilian clothes she wears in "Sight Unseen".

And 2,004 posts! Holy cow, I'm an addict!
        I too love the Nightwalkers outfits. I can't specifically recall the others. Making my way through the series for a second time, so I will keep an eye out.
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          2. Am I the only one who thinks they never quite got the whole Sam-in-civvies-look quite right?
          Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          And about the civvies - she did have quite a range of outfits when she was in civilian clothing, didn't she?

Are you trying to be polite about it?

off topic really so:

Spoiler:
          I agree with MOB; the clothes were... interesting. Some of them looked ok but I think they had a habit of putting her in clothes that either did not suit her age, or were too girly-girl for her. That twinset and A-line skirt combo in Threads just about wins the prize though; hideous on every single level I can think. The top half wouldn't look out of place on a woman 20 years older, and the skirt on someone 15 years younger. I realise AT was pregnant at the time and they needed clothes that didn't show what was probably the very start of her bump, but they could have just picked jeans and a loose fitting sweater. The nicest civvies outfits she wore was the red top and leather jacket in Upgrades, her leather coat in Nightwalkers, and her dress in Chimera which I adored.

Um, on the ship side. Pete's background check. I guess in context - this was someone he'd just started seeing without expectation of a more serious relationship so it probably never occured to him it might have far reaching consequences. Which doesn't make it morally right but it's a way I can explain why he did it and how they could move on from it, if he confessed to it.
          I never had a problem with Sam having a boyfriend, or even a fiancée and I liked Pete as a person just fine. I just could never see Sam going for a guy like him. he was just a bit too sweet and perfect but then, maybe that was the point. He was supposed to be so completely unlike Jack (who very firmly is her type) to emphasise how wrong he really was - or how hard Sam was trying to move on from that [/size](not so as it turned out[/size]) lost cause.
          Personally I think I would have been more amenable to Pete being her boyfriend-that-doesn't die had he been a different character - more serious, perhaps less "nice". And perhaps if they'd just not brought him in on the whole SGC thing. I don't like the way that story was written to make the necessary; I think there's more mileage in the drama of not having him know and getting frustrated - ongoing - with her work taking up so much of her time, and then tension between her and Jack/SGC because she wants to have a life for a change and he's expecting her to be there 24/7 like normal.

But hey, what do I know.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            I can definitely see Pete being the one to do the pursuing and Sam sort of giving in. But I have a hard time seeing her becoming closer to Pete while Jack is trapped in Antarctica. I think of her sort of pulling away from Pete at that point.

In my mind she's in a casual, comfortable but not really serious relationship with Pete at the time of Lost City. He's in Denver, they see each other a few times a month maybe. I think the fact she has a relationship, that is there but not too demanding on her gives her the comfort level to be closer friends with Jack. So we see them making bets on crosswords and such. Then it looks like he's going to die and all thoghts of Pete are completely gone from her mind. And I don't see her turning to Pete when Janet dies (she goes to Jack) or when Jack is gone (I think she goes to work, which is what she's done in the past when he's been lost, trapped, etc.). When Teal'c brings up Pete in the cargo ship in New Order and she says it's fine, it is because nothing's going on. It has become so back burner for her. I don't think she picks up with Pete again until after Jack is back and, in her mind, things are even more impossible than before with him becoming a general and commander of the base.

And I think Pete does know he's jumping the gun with the proposal. I mean right before he does it; he has to clarify that she is his girlfriend. (PETE: I'm still getting used to the fact that my girlfriend's a superhero. CARTER: A bit of an exaggeration. PETE: The superhero part? Or the girlfriend part?) So I do agree he's doing it in an attempt to hang on to her.
            on the bolded: i see it the same. i feel the stuff happening to jack made her want him all the more, which pushed pete further back in her mind and heart.

interesting topic.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

But isn't that kind of the point of the Pete Fiasco? That Sam, professionally kick butt and strong, is also Sam, who doesn't deal well with personal relationships? She wasn't herself with Pete. She had no opinions. She didn't really put herself out to plan their wedding. She couldn't tell him until Zero Hour (not the episode--the actual hour) that she truly didn't love him--and that was only because she'd finally understood what her dad was saying, and because Jack FINALLY told her that he'd ALWAYS be there for her. I think that it took her that long to figure it out.

that's food for thought for me.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

that's food for thought for me.
                Mmmm. Food. I'm hungry.
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  (*actually it was the writers who did that - in spite of objections by the actors*)
                  Took the words right out of my mouth
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Mmmm. Food. I'm hungry.
                    ~scene comes to mind mind comes to scene~

jack: carter, why aren't you eating this chocolate butterscotch pudding?

sam: i'm dieting, sir.

*jack puts spoon to mouth, but smears pudding on his face, near his mouth*

jack: oh, look what i've done! carter, will you help me get this off?

sam: help you, sir? how... i'll find a napkin.

jack: NO!! i mean, there are none. use your fingers to get it off.

sam:

jack: or you could lick it off, if you don't want to get it on your fingers.

sam:

jack: carter?

sam:

jack: earth to carter.

sam:

jack: i was just joking!

sam:

jack: unless you're on an o'neill diet too?

sam: x 10

jack: ... that was a joke too, carter. you're really starting to scare me now.

sam: ........

jack: ........

jack: uh, that works too.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                      I too love the Nightwalkers outfits. I can't specifically recall the others. Making my way through the series for a second time, so I will keep an eye out.
                      Fire and Water
                      Singularity
                      The Gamekeeper
                      Upgrades
                      Point of No Return
                      The Curse
                      Absolute Power
                      Ascension
                      Rite of Passage
                      Desperate Measures
                      Wormhole X-Treme
                      Nightwalkers
                      Prometheus
                      Sight Unseen
                      Smoke & Mirrors
                      Space Race
                      Avenger 2.0
                      Chimera
                      Resurrection
                      Lost City
                      Affinity
                      Covenant
                      Endgame
                      Threads
                      Ex Deus Machina
                      Off the Grid (love her smuggler outfit in this one)
                      Memento Mori
                      The Road Not Taken (her clothes belonged to the AU Sam in this one or were given to her while she was in the AU)
                      Bounty
                      Family Ties

Much longer list than I thought when I started to make this list about Sam's civvies clothing.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                      Took the words right out of my mouth
                      Want them back???

Comment

Spoiler:

sam:

sam:

sam:

sam:

sam:

Yippee! She's at it again!!!
                        Last edited by hedwig; 24 August 2010, 03:39 PM.

Comment

So, am I the only one that thinks that the WoO kiss became a daily thing? That's how Jack ended every loop?

Uh-oh--I smell a ficlet.
                          That is a great idea, where is the ficlet?

Spoiler:

sam:

sam:

sam:

sam:

sam:

So cute!!
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

i wanted to share something with you guys that my mom called me about...

so my mom was driving and listening to the news on the radio. it said there was a fire in o'neill canyon. my mom thought to herself, 'oh, i hope that isn't next to or near jack's house!...'. and then realized she meant *richard*, not jack!!
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

For those of you here who don't look at the RDA Thunk thread...Penjab posted a great shot Rick and Amanda that we saw at MTM.... go there to see it. Hopefully, this will take you right to it.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/3...1#post11841513
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Leiasky, is there a chace you yould upload the pic? because the link isn't there

edit.. found it.. and in finally even opened! soooo cute!
                                Last edited by SnowWhite; 24 August 2010, 04:16 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X