Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grasshopper64
    Chocolate walnut cookies anyone? (preferably to eat not throw at the TV)

Spoiler:

I love the idea of a big gay wedding - Jack marries Daniel and Sam marries Vala. Or Jack and Daniel run off, Sam and Vala look at each other and say "men who needs them" and run off.
    Or how about Thor saves the day and beams Jack away.

I've read elsewhere that the clothes they're wearing could be a clue, Jack's wearing a normal suit and tie and Daniel in a tux, Sam has long hair off course. Daniel and Vala don't exactly look happy, read into that what you will.
    Now I'm reading way too much into this.....

The PTB must have known the fuss this would cause, but yes as mentioned before nothing that happens in this episode is real, with regard to the rest of season 10, the following week it will be back to the Ori, Adria and whatnot.
    What will probably happen is that this scene will be short and they won't actually get as far as ahem "tying the knot". There'll be a twist I'm sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've not seen anything suggesting there will be any pursuing the ship in S10 aside from this ep, RDA's other SG1 episode apparently is The Shroud which involves Daniel, as it should, and his Atlantis eps, Sam is not in.
    Of course that's not to say PTB wouldn't do anything.....
    I think if there is to be any shipping this season the concern is about Daniel/Vala, let's not go there...
    Chocolate Walnut sounds good. Bet it would go great with my Bailey's and coffee and Butter Pecan Ice cream. Maybe we should have a party...

Spoiler:
    I do like your wedding idea. But I'd rather it was Martouf, Daniel, Narim, etc...anyone but Jack/Pete, who were really clones just that one was a cop instead of a colonel. Neither could keep Sam's attention once they left the bed, and I'm not even sure if that would have kept her around. I know that I'd be outta there after the first week (or Less), and over at Daniel's where there could be intelligent conversation, when we weren't otherwise occupied. Actually, that isn't true. I'd never have taken him to begin with; I'd be in the tunnels with Lantash/Martouf. Anyone that has lived for two thousand years would have a heck of a sexual repetoire, and his intelligence should be equal to those moments spent away from the bed.

I think you are correct in that there was not supposed to be ship pursued. (If not then why a wedding between those two? Isn't that "ship"?) As for Vala/Daniel, please, Let us NOT go there, either. Again a mismatch made in h**l. The only worse pairing I can imagine is Jack/Sam. No, they are equally bad, you're right. Neither would have a snowball's chance of survival in Death Valley at high noon. How soon can you say "meltdown?" Gives me a case of hives just thinking about putting those two together.

As for scenes at the Altar...hm.. how about they start the wedding and partway through Sam realizes she's been drugged and under mind control. When she realizes who she is marrying, she screams, "NO! Oh my God! No! NO! NO!" Someone save me!" Daniel and Vala both jump to her side and an Al'kesh suddenly emerges from behind its cloaking device. Malek rings out and grabs his lover Daniel, while Vala grabs Sam and they all ring back aboard and fly away, while Jack is standing there saying "What?" (In my real dream it would be Lantash not Malek (although Malek is my second pick, as I really liked him, too,) and he would be with Sam not Daniel, but since I'm not writing this scenario for me, I'll leave it as is. Ending coming up)

So Jack finally turns to Teal'c, they join hands, and they get married instead. How's that? Don't feel bad if you don't like it. I won't be offended, since I have no intention of writing it. LOL.

Pagan

Pagan Twylight's
    Stargate SG-1
    Tok'Ra FriendlyFanfiction
    http://www.pagantwylight.com
    Symbiotica
    http://tokra.fandomnet.com/fic2/index.php
    There comes a moment of sadness, with the setting of the sun.
    Not for the sins committed, but for the things I have not done.
    Minot Savage

Comment

Originally posted by kalicokatt

Spoiler:

I think you are correct in that there was not supposed to be ship pursued. (If not then why a wedding between those two? Isn't that "ship"?)

Pagan

Spoiler:
      But, that's the point. There is no wedding taking place. Canonically, no ship is being pursued, just someone -maybe what's his face from Mudhole X-treme?- pitching the idea for a fictionalized tv show, right? And, if that does count, it's no ship with the exception of this episode. And, please no ship between Daniel and Vala. Please.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
        Spoiler:
        But, that's the point. There is no wedding taking place. Canonically, no ship is being pursued, just someone -maybe what's his face from Mudhole X-treme?- pitching the idea for a fictionalized tv show, right? And, if that does count, it's no ship with the exception of this episode. And, please no ship between Daniel and Vala. Please.

Spoiler:
        Yes, and I hope they play it as a Joke. But, somehow I doubt they do since TPTB want them together. I'll watch it, sip my Bailey's, and eat my ice cream.

As for Daniel/Vala we can only hope that one of the writers doesn't decide it would be wonderful. I like the relationship as is...kind of big brother with a very, very annoying little sister. I just hope they keep it that way because I really like the character of Vala just as she is... well she needs to begin to listen to orders better but other than that, I like her and I especially like the way they are NOT having her and Sam at odds.

I hope they allow a close friendship to develop there, as I hate it when they pit women against each other as if two women can't be together without jealousy. In all the years I worked, I never had a problem with any of the women I worked with and actually became very good friends with several of them.. So I do hope they leave that (jealousy) out of it as well as any "love" interest with Daniel.

And as for that pairing, I can only think of one or two worse that Daniel/Vala... our very own Jack/Sam or Pete/Sam.

Pagan

Pagan Twylight's
        Stargate SG-1
        Tok'Ra FriendlyFanfiction
        http://www.pagantwylight.com
        Symbiotica
        http://tokra.fandomnet.com/fic2/index.php
        There comes a moment of sadness, with the setting of the sun.
        Not for the sins committed, but for the things I have not done.
        Minot Savage

Comment

I wish I had some nice platitudes about it. Unfortunately, I saw that, too and really thought about vomiting, but decided it wasn't worth the effort and bad taste, it left enough of one without doing that.

Spoiler:
          As for the scene itself. Hm...maybe Jack walked her to the alter instead of her dad...he's old enough to fit the profile.... and she is really marrying Daniel. Which would be sooo much better than Jack, even though I am a Martouf/Lantash/Sam shipper myself. I also like Sam/Daniel so I could handle that without feeling sick. Or... she could be getting hitched to VALA? I think I could handle that pairing better than Jack too. Never thought I'd say that.

Pagan
          Oh boy, I missed so much here... but I totally agree. I haven't seen this picture at all, just a little piece of it that shows
          Spoiler:
          Jack smiling in the suit and Sam standing near him
          . Does anyone know if the pic has been posted anywhere?

Spoiler:
          Anyway, I really like your reasoning. I think I could handle it better if she was getting married to Vala - and then maybe Daniel and Jack getting together too. It would be a neat twist definitely.

Comment

Spoiler:
            The way the J/Sers have kept raising the bar each time they are given what they've asked for, i. e. a kiss, fishing at Jack's cabin, etc ad nauseum. I feel no sympathy at all. I guess I'm honest enough to admit to still being bitter over Martouf/Lantash's death "for the J/S shippers" and, therefore, I really don't care if they ever get what "they" want.

What about what I and the other Martouf fans wanted, what about the D/S shippers? they barely get good friendship anymore. As far as I'm concerned TPTB haven't fed MY fantasies, why should they feed theirs? Yup, I'm bitter about it. I don't like it that one section has been curried to over the others. Even Jack/Daniel friendship died at the altar of J/S. so... anything that shows how it should have been for other ships has my vote for a go. Sorry for the rant... it just "really" burns me. Probably because it is practically the only TV I watch and it has been ruined by "them".
            That is exactly the way I feel. I'm sorry, but I don't feel any sympathy either. They've gotten a lot of what they asked for over the years, while most of the other shippers keep getting shafted. If I were a S/J shipper, I might be frustrated that Jack and Sam won't get together for real, but I would be glad that TPTB had at least thrown me and my fellow shippers a bone a great deal of the time. J/D, Sam/Martouf, and S/D shippers have all had to resort to fanfiction to get anything that they've wanted, especially lately. I can understand how J/D'ers feel since Jack is really no longer there anymore, but Sam and Daniel are still on the show and we don't even get friendship anymore (although I won't blame that entirely on S/J this season).

Spoiler:
            I would love to see how they'd do it for other ships, too, especially seeing as how they keep promising that there will be "something for everyone" in this episode.

And I apologize for the rant as well ... I'm also sick of seeing things ruined in this way (although the Sam/Daniel friendship stuff I think can be attributed to a few other factors right now...*sigh*).

Spoiler:
            However, I'm perfectly willing to treat it as a joke and hope there are lots of people out there with Talent with photoshop or whatever that will use it for all kinds of wacky, sarcastic stuff. Wicked, evil, and unforgiving, I know and I'm sure the "turn the other cheek" crowd will think I'm nasty and mean. I guess it is better than being bland and boring. LOL. I think I'll take your suggestion and make popcorn. Something has to make it bearable. Hm. maybe butter pecan ice cream with chocolate syryp instead. yeah. Ice cream. Chocolate. Cures depression.

Spoiler:
            As for not having to live through the real thing... we can only hope they will have enough sense to stop it here before it goes all the way and is totally beyond military regs. This is bad enough when it comes to a slap to the Air Force and the military in general. I keep thinking and hoping that maybe RDA will refuse to do these things. They want him back and he could say no. To bad he doesn't stand up for what he supposedly believes; that it doesn't belong in the show. I'm trying to be cheerier about it, honest. Hm... obviously needs more work.

Pagan
            I have some experience with Photoshop so I would be more than willing to try my hand at it, as soon as I can get a hold of the complete photo. I've done it already with some of the cast pics for S10.

Spoiler:
            And I agree about where the military and Air Force is concerned. Don't they have someone from the USAF who is a consultant on things they can and can't do? The only way that it can work is if it's pure fiction and fantasy. Then I might not be so up in arms about it... oh, and if we get to see some alternative pairings too.

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64
              Chocolate walnut cookies anyone? (preferably to eat not throw at the TV)

Spoiler:

I love the idea of a big gay wedding - Jack marries Daniel and Sam marries Vala. Or Jack and Daniel run off, Sam and Vala look at each other and say "men who needs them" and run off.
              Or how about Thor saves the day and beams Jack away.

I've read elsewhere that the clothes they're wearing could be a clue, Jack's wearing a normal suit and tie and Daniel in a tux, Sam has long hair off course. Daniel and Vala don't exactly look happy, read into that what you will.
              Now I'm reading way too much into this.....

The PTB must have known the fuss this would cause, but yes as mentioned before nothing that happens in this episode is real, with regard to the rest of season 10, the following week it will be back to the Ori, Adria and whatnot.
              What will probably happen is that this scene will be short and they won't actually get as far as ahem "tying the knot". There'll be a twist I'm sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've not seen anything suggesting there will be any pursuing the ship in S10 aside from this ep, RDA's other SG1 episode apparently is The Shroud which involves Daniel, as it should, and his Atlantis eps, Sam is not in.
              Of course that's not to say PTB wouldn't do anything.....
              I think if there is to be any shipping this season the concern is about Daniel/Vala, let's not go there...
              I really like your ideas as well, grasshopper.

Spoiler:
              The whole thing about the clothes does seem interesting. If Jack's in a normal suit and Daniel's in a tux ...... hmm, what could that mean?

I think the fact that nothing in that ep is supposed to be real is its saving grace, at least as far as I'm concerned.

I remember reading JM's blog and he said there were no plans for ship in S10, specifically S/J and Sam with anyone ... and no ship at all. I don't know if I can accept that at face value though, because what I've heard so far seems to be dangerously close to Daniel/Vala ... which concerns me a lot. But I'll try not to go there either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                Spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                Exactly. As long as it's fantasy, I don't think it would be a problem. And yeah, I agree with you and kalico about Daniel and Vala ship. Please, no.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Yes, and I hope they play it as a Joke. But, somehow I doubt they do since TPTB want them together. I'll watch it, sip my Bailey's, and eat my ice cream.

As for Daniel/Vala we can only hope that one of the writers doesn't decide it would be wonderful. I like the relationship as is...kind of big brother with a very, very annoying little sister. I just hope they keep it that way because I really like the character of Vala just as she is... well she needs to begin to listen to orders better but other than that, I like her and I especially like the way they are NOT having her and Sam at odds.

I hope they allow a close friendship to develop there, as I hate it when they pit women against each other as if two women can't be together without jealousy. In all the years I worked, I never had a problem with any of the women I worked with and actually became very good friends with several of them.. So I do hope they leave that (jealousy) out of it as well as any "love" interest with Daniel.

And as for that pairing, I can only think of one or two worse that Daniel/Vala... our very own Jack/Sam or Pete/Sam.

Pagan
                  I am reluctant to admit that I have an aversion toward anything that halfway tastes like coffee (I can just hear Daniel now... "blasphemy!!" ). So in that case I'll probably watch it with a glass of wine (yes, only a glass...the stuff can go straight to my head...well, that's something I do have in common with Daniel, lol).

Spoiler:
                  And again I agree about Daniel/Vala. I hope that their interaction does not go further than that. It's fine the way it is now. And I hope that it doesn't overshadow any of Daniel's friendships with the other cast members. And I like how Sam and Vala are not at odds, either.

I've heard that PDL is a shipper. He wanted to include that kiss between Sam and Cam in Ripple Effect, not aware that it wasn't what the writers intended. I don't know if he's a shipper in general, or just Sam/Cam and S/J...and maybe Daniel/Vala *shudders*. I really hope that one of the writers/directors doesn't decide to start and then highlight a Daniel/Vala ship. I honestly have to rank that one up there equal to Sam/Jack and Sam/Pete. But that's just me.

Comment

I never thought that O'Neill and Carter would have a chance in hell; sure, they may be military, but they're too different. I hate the way the writers are so obviously trying to lean that way. What about Meridian when a tearful Carter told a comatose Daniel "I don't know why we wait to tell people how we really feel. I just hoped that you always knew."? Hmm? They end up alienating him a bit when he comes back and then she convinces herself that she loves O'Neill. Come on, if, for fear of getting heartbroken, she settles for the then unattainable, doesn't that mean that she doesn't actually love O'Neill, but actually loves someone else, but is scared to tell him? All signs point to Daniel.

They'll probably go along with "Jack and Sam" but I sure hope they don't throw it in our faces, 'cos there are a lot of S/D shippers out there who have the power to boycott the show in protest. Whatever happened to the wholesome storylines where love wasn't an issue? I'm willing to settle for adventurous and personal storylines that don't go into love. And another thing, for crying out loud, don't let Daniel hook up with Vala! I really hope the writers see the light and finally have Daniel and Carter together. Come on; love of learning, high IQs, good-looking, adventurous, can have a great debate, and are passionate about their respective fields. Come on guys, hook 'em up (EDIT: they wouldn't be all over each other on base, 'cos if they fell for each other, it would be something deeply profound and not a 'romp-a-thon')!

Why doesn't Sara O'Neill come back? A tender reunion between her and Jack would be brilliant. They've had some time apart, learnt to live with the death of their son, grown personally, and he's got a high-flying career as Major General.

Probably diverging a lot more than the last paragraph, but get rid of Dr Lam -- she's awful. There could be some way to get Dr Fraiser back, e.g. from an alternate Universe or whatever. She was a brilliant and strong character for the show.
                    Last edited by DrGemini2405; 08 October 2006, 01:33 PM.
                    (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrGemini2405
                      I never thought that O'Neill and Carter would have a chance in hell; sure, they may be military, but they're too different. I hate the way the writers are so obviously trying to lean that way. What about Meridian when a tearful Carter told a comatose Daniel "I don't know why we wait to tell people how we really feel. I just hoped that you always knew."? Hmm? They end up alienating him a bit when he comes back and then she convinces herself that she loves O'Neill. Come on, if, for fear of getting heartbroken, she settles for the then unattainable, doesn't that mean that she doesn't actually love O'Neill, but actually loves someone else, but is scared to tell him? All signs point to Daniel.

They'll probably go along with "Jack and Sam" but I sure hope they don't throw it in our faces, 'cos there are a lot of S/D shippers out there who have the power to boycott the show in protest. Whatever happened to the wholesome storylines where love wasn't an issue. I'm willing to settle for adventurous and personal storylines that don't go into love. And another thing, for crying out loud, don't let Daniel hook up with Vala! I really hope the writers see the light and finally have Daniel and Carter together. Come on; love of learning, high IQs, good-looking, adventurous, can have a great debate, and are passionate about their respective fields. Come on guys, hook 'em up.

Why does Sara O'Neill come back? A tender reunion between her and Jack would be brilliant. They've had some time apart, learnt to live with the death of their son, grown personally, and he's got a high-flying career as Major General.

Probably diverging a lot more than the last paragraph, but get rid of Dr Lam -- she's awful. There could be some way to get Dr Fraiser back, e.g. from an alternate Universe or whatever. She was a brilliant and strong character for the show.
                      Agree with everything apart from the Daniel/Carter part - I think I would really heave up my stomach contents if they got together. I don't want anyone on the team or chain of command to get together and definitely not Jack/Carter, and most certainly not Daniel/Vala either!

I say leave the romance to fanfiction - the fans have proven that they generally write better pairings than TPTB. And that way alot less fans will be irritated by the doings and matchmakings of TPTB, whether they be shippers, no romancers or slashers.

Stargate SG-1 is not - and has never been - a soap drama, but that is one of the things it has turned into which is very sad.

And it would be nice to have a married couple on the show, at the moment it seems that TPTB think that none of the characters (most in their late thirties, forties and fifities) are incapable of holding down stable, permanent relationships - which is very sad and unrealistic.

And Jack and Sara had so much chemistry! I would love if they got together again. I think that was Mr Dean Devlin and Mr Ronald Emmerich's original idea.
                      The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Spoilers for 200.

Spoiler:
                        Was that it?
                        Well, the dreaded Wedding of Doom was mercifuly brief and so cheesy (playing the Stargate theme on the organ, titter) that not even the casual watcher would take it seriously. Hurrah for good taste and common sense.

Played for laughs all the way, from Walter dabbing away a tear to the horrible sugar pink flowers to Thor officiating, the filter on the camera lense to make it Oh So Romantic! Snicker. Though they should have done it on the gate ramp to fulfil the complete cliché

Could have done with an even fluffier, more clichéd dress for Sam,(though Amanda is so pretty she'd look good in a bin bag) it would have been even funnier to have her in one of those hideous huge meringues that fluffy little girlies sometimes choose to get married in! So not the Sam we know and love.

And so clearly not the Sam and Jack from the real show, what with the long hair on Sam and the dinner suit for Jack, they went to pains to show that it wasn't 'our' Sam and Jack involved in the mess.

Spoiler:
                        Would have killed to see the out takes Richard Dean Anderson was talking about of him taking Daniel's hand at the altar (and the audience bursting into spontaneous applause) or him nicking Sam's bouquet to give to Daniel. So good to know that he's not a prude or even worse, a homophobe, about the fun we have with his character. Good man.

So all in all, the ship fans got their long anticipated wedding, the rest of the fans had a good giggle. And it's over with now, we won't have to go through it all again. Wins all round.

FF
                        Last edited by Frostfox; 21 August 2006, 11:48 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrGemini2405

They'll probably go along with "Jack and Sam" but I sure hope they don't throw it in our faces, 'cos there are a lot of S/D shippers out there who have the power to boycott the show in protest. Whatever happened to the wholesome storylines where love wasn't an issue. I'm willing to settle for adventurous and personal storylines that don't go into love. And another thing, for crying out loud, don't let Daniel hook up with Vala! I really hope the writers see the light and finally have Daniel and Carter together. Come on; love of learning, high IQs, good-looking, adventurous, can have a great debate, and are passionate about their respective fields. Come on guys, hook 'em up.
                          I really like the way you think! Have you visited the Sam/Daniel Ship thread? I'm pretty much anti-ship onscreen, but I always rely on the wonderful friendship moments (which have disappointed me so far this season) - and fanfiction of course. I really don't want Daniel to hook up with Vala either and I hope that the Sam/Jack stuff in episode 200 is going to end the entire thing (the blatant ship stuff, that is).

Why does Sara O'Neill come back? A tender reunion between her and Jack would be brilliant. They've had some time apart, learnt to live with the death of their son, grown personally, and he's got a high-flying career as Major General.

I would love it if Sara came back. She and Jack had such great chemistry. You could tell in the "flashback" scenes in Cold Lazarus, where Jack came home and was running up to Sara with a big smile on his face, and then they embraced and kissed. That was such a beautiful moment and I love it to this day. And then at the end of the episode, when he hugs her, she says "You know what the other guy said? 'We were really great together, weren't we?'" Jack replies, "We were the best." You could just feel the love between them there. And there were a few other times during season 1 where you could tell he still loved Sara, like in Brief Candle and in Solitudes. It would have been great to see a reunion scene between them.

As for Lam and Fraiser (season 9 and 10 spoilers):
                          Spoiler:
                          Dr. Lam was absent from pretty much the second half of season 9, and she still is absent. A spoiler for an episode later in season 10 mentions Dr. Lam, so I guess she could be reappearing, but we don't know very much about it.

Dr. Fraiser reappears in Season 9's "Ripple Effect". She comes from an alternate reality with Martouf.

Comment

Originally posted by luthienberen
                            And Jack and Sara had so much chemistry! I would love if they got together again. I think that was Mr Dean Devlin and Mr Ronald Emmerich's original idea.
                            I think I heard something about that. I also heard that they're interested in making a sequel or two for the original film. If they do, it would be great to see Sara reappear (even though it wouldn't be with 'our' Jack from the show).

Comment

Originally posted by luthienberen
                              I say leave the romance to fanfiction - the fans have proven that they generally write better pairings than TPTB. And that way alot less fans will be irritated by the doings and matchmakings of TPTB, whether they be shippers, no romancers or slashers.
                              Seconded! In-team romance on the show scuppers the team dynamic, puts up an obstacle which anyone who isn't a fan of the chosen pairing has to work through/around, and is rarely written plausibly or worth exploring in the episodic scifi format anyway.

imo
                              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                                Seconded! In-team romance on the show scuppers the team dynamic, puts up an obstacle which anyone who isn't a fan of the chosen pairing has to work through/around, and is rarely written plausibly or worth exploring in the episodic scifi format anyway.

imo
                                Thirded!

Comment

Working...
                                X