No announcement yet.

Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I posted that I updated Compromised with Chapter 13 a few days ago. Sorry!

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

About Cordesh—I think he went on a little too many undercover missions, and was seduced by the idea of the Goa'uld. I think he started as Tok'ra, but a weaker one, and was always a little too curious and just got turned.

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
        About Cordesh—I think he went on a little too many undercover missions, and was seduced by the idea of the Goa'uld. I think he started as Tok'ra, but a weaker one, and was always a little too curious and just got turned.
        I agree that it was still Cordesh. Maybe he was one of those Goa'uld who went over to the Tok'ra, and as you say was always a weaker one. Then after many undercover missions he decided to go back to the Goa'uld.
        sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
        (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
        Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

I always looked at it as he'd been a minor Goa'uld who crossed over but, in the end, decided he preferred when he was a God and decided to ally himself with a System Lord in exchange for intel. When SG-1 arrived, that was just more than this System Lord was willing to ignore and he told Cordesh to give him the gate address.
          Either that or Cordesh had acquired the teleball and was waiting for some intel big enough to secure a System Lord's favour, which the arrival of SG-1 provided.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalnor View Post
            I always looked at it as he'd been a minor Goa'uld who crossed over but, in the end, decided he preferred when he was a God and decided to ally himself with a System Lord in exchange for intel. When SG-1 arrived, that was just more than this System Lord was willing to ignore and he told Cordesh to give him the gate address.
            Either that or Cordesh had acquired the teleball and was waiting for some intel big enough to secure a System Lord's favour, which the arrival of SG-1 provided.
            That actually make sense...though I have also seen it suggested that the intel Jolinar had that was important enough for her to take an unwilling host was that there was a spy among the Tok'ra - and her knowledge of this was the reason why the ashrak was sent for her (by Cronos - making him Cordesh's new lord?)

I agree that he was a former minor Goa'uld who was looking for something to give him favor with the System Lords - I think selling out the Tok'ra would do just that.

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

Cordesh being a minor Goa'uld sounds like an explanation - and then going back. Garshaw is disappointed (and many say a former Goa'uld System Lord), so perhaps they joined together?
              sigpic
              Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

I personally like the idea that he's pure tok'ra, egeria was his mommy. and just like Goa'uld can turn good, tok'ra can turn bad, good or evil memories, they still have the freedom to choose. Maybe he stopped wanting to gain power for the greater good and started wanting it for himself. but that's just the idea I like

crumb... I think my tokra quiz will only work in IE...

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
                  That actually make sense...though I have also seen it suggested that the intel Jolinar had that was important enough for her to take an unwilling host was that there was a spy among the Tok'ra - and her knowledge of this was the reason why the ashrak was sent for her (by Cronos - making him Cordesh's new lord?)
                  I surmised that in my fic (though the ashrak was sent for an entirely separate reason). I was always a bit surprised in the show at how lightly the idea of a spy among the Tok'ra was dealt with until we got to Tanith. I think the writers just didn't have a handle on the Tok'ra yet, and/or the stories were still mostly focused on SG-1 (actually, they never really stopped being that way...).

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                    I surmised that in my fic (though the ashrak was sent for an entirely separate reason). I was always a bit surprised in the show at how lightly the idea of a spy among the Tok'ra was dealt with until we got to Tanith. I think the writers just didn't have a handle on the Tok'ra yet, and/or the stories were still mostly focused on SG-1 (actually, they never really stopped being that way...).
                    Yes - I often wish we would get to see some non-SG-1 focused episodes. There were many possibilities. I would have like more of a "Lower Deck" type episode (a Star Trek TNG episode where we follow a group of new Starfleet officers as they try to get used to Enterprise). It would also be cool to see some of the other cultures we have met - like a Nox-based episode, a Tok'ra-based episode, or maybe see something about the Asgard from within. I would also have liked more about the Goa'uld societies, seen from the locals or even the Goa'ulds.

nebulan - I hope the quiz ends up working in Firefox or something else non-IE, as I normally have no access to IE (linux-based computers here). Do you know what the problem is? Anything I can do to help? Testing?

-Skadi
                    sigpic
                    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Hiya all I LOVE the Tok'ra - especially like Selmak, Martouf, and Malek
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Originally posted by RingThing View Post
                        Welcome to the thread. Nice name
                        sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by RingThing View Post
                          Hey! I love the name too. Selmak and Martouf are two of my favorite Stargate characters.

Comment

Welcome RingThing! Yep, cool name - and I like Martouf and Selmak as well (and Malek) ... and actually all the Tok'ra

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

Welcome!
                              Re the quiz, IE fails epically - what software are you using to create it? If you're coding manually, there are non-standard things IE recognises, standard things it doesn't recognise and standard things it treats differently. If you visit w3c.org, you should be able to find ways to code more compatibly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalnor View Post
                                Welcome!
                                Re the quiz, IE fails epically - what software are you using to create it? If you're coding manually, there are non-standard things IE recognises, standard things it doesn't recognise and standard things it treats differently. If you visit w3c.org, you should be able to find ways to code more compatibly.
                                I've looked around and I found some debugging addons for firefox that might help me find out what's going on. basically it has something to do with something that IE is letting slide and it shouldn't. I'm hoping it won't come to completely rewriting it in like PHP or something and finding myself a server. I mean, I've been wanting to get my own webpage/server for a while, but I was really hoping the quiz wouldn't take me THIS long, lol! I've serious overestimated my abilities with this project and I'm sorry to have disappointed anyone hopefully later tonight (tho it might have to wait til next weekend, I haven't finished my costume yet, lol!) I'll work on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X