Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True - good comparison.
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Compromised, Chapter 5 (LJ , FF.net)

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
      ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
        Compromised, Chapter 5 (LJ , FF.net)
        Great chapter!
        sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

How much do we know about the Tok'ra government? We know that Garshaw is a high councillor, and that Per'sus is a Supreme high councillor. Has he replaced Garshaw or is he the leader of ALL the bases, while she leads one of them, perhaps? Any ideas?
          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
            How much do we know about the Tok'ra government? We know that Garshaw is a high councillor, and that Per'sus is a Supreme high councillor. Has he replaced Garshaw or is he the leader of ALL the bases, while she leads one of them, perhaps? Any ideas?
            I assumed that Garshaw was head of the homeworld, but Per'sus was head of all Tok'ra.

Comment

I've wondered about that myself, actually.

Comment

I assumed that Garshaw was head of the homeworld, but Per'sus was head of all Tok'ra.
                That makes sense - or else they either changed the title (and then Per'sus took over) or they don't usually use the full title and only do so when it is official business - or Per'sus is a stickler for formality. I think I prefer the version which is that Garshaw is head if one of the bases/homeworlds, and Per'sus is head of them all.

-Snotr
                sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
                  That makes sense - or else they either changed the title (and then Per'sus took over) or they don't usually use the full title and only do so when it is official business - or Per'sus is a stickler for formality. I think I prefer the version which is that Garshaw is head if one of the bases/homeworlds, and Per'sus is head of them all.

-Snotr
                  To follow up on that question...what does the high counselor do? I think we can presume that the counselor of each base and the homeworld would be in charge of debriefing, organizing missions, delegating responsibilities, etc. But what does Per'sus do? The High Council?

Comment

To follow up on that question...what does the high counselor do? I think we can presume that the counselor of each base and the homeworld would be in charge of debriefing, organizing missions, delegating responsibilities, etc. But what does Per'sus do? The High Council?
                    Perhaps:

-Negotiate with allies (I suppose this is rare for a secret, hunted, resistance...)
                    -make whatever long-term decisions need to be made for all of the Tok'ra, like a government? Maybe they decide which system lord is the worst threat? Coordinates between the various bases/cells?

Even a resistance often has a leadership, even though the vast majority is decided out in the cells/bases. This is especially true if it is a large, long-term resistance and the Tok'ra are both. They are a people, in fact ALL the Tok'ra belong to the resistance, so their resistance must also have a government which rules their 'nation'.

Something slightly related - when my country was occupied by the Germans (no hard feelings - it was a long time ago), there was a resistance (several in fact, but that is irrelevant) and there was a secret government which, among other things, negotiated with allies and coordinated some of what the resistance cells should do.

-Skadi
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                      Perhaps:

-Negotiate with allies (I suppose this is rare for a secret, hunted, resistance...)
                      -make whatever long-term decisions need to be made for all of the Tok'ra, like a government? Maybe they decide which system lord is the worst threat? Coordinates between the various bases/cells?

Even a resistance often has a leadership, even though the vast majority is decided out in the cells/bases. This is especially true if it is a large, long-term resistance and the Tok'ra are both. They are a people, in fact ALL the Tok'ra belong to the resistance, so their resistance must also have a government which rules their 'nation'.

Something slightly related - when my country was occupied by the Germans (no hard feelings - it was a long time ago), there was a resistance (several in fact, but that is irrelevant) and there was a secret government which, among other things, negotiated with allies and coordinated some of what the resistance cells should do.

-Skadi
                      I think the idea that the High Counsil is their government works.
                      sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Well, the leaked list of main characters for Universe is out. No mention of Tok'ra, but there's a character (the scientist) who sounds a **** of a lot like me a couple of years ago. And I tend to find it quite easy to get into a character and play a part.
                        What do you think, should I ask? Only problem is, I'm in Scotland - but it's freaking STARGATE, they don't exactly operate on a shoestring budget, so I'm sure it's only a minor inconvenience ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                          Perhaps:

I think the idea of long-term goals is probably accurate. I would imagine he gets constant feedback from various leaders, who have the freedom to make most decisions, but is continually aggregating that knowledge to get the full picture of what the Tok'ra are doing and what might need to be changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalnor View Post
                            Well, the leaked list of main characters for Universe is out. No mention of Tok'ra, but there's a character (the scientist) who sounds a **** of a lot like me a couple of years ago. And I tend to find it quite easy to get into a character and play a part.
                            What do you think, should I ask? Only problem is, I'm in Scotland - but it's freaking STARGATE, they don't exactly operate on a shoestring budget, so I'm sure it's only a minor inconvenience ;-)
                            I say go for it. Try! If you think the role would be you, then contact them. I don't see why you being in Scotland would matter. I actually think more than 50% of 'US' actors are really from various other countries (Canada, UK, etc.).

I think the idea of long-term goals is probably accurate. I would imagine he gets constant feedback from various leaders, who have the freedom to make most decisions, but is continually aggregating that knowledge to get the full picture of what the Tok'ra are doing and what might need to be changed.
                            Agree. They would need someone like that to coordinate.

-Snotr
                            sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                            (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                            Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

I was having rambling thoughts about the Tok'ra today, just brainstorming for my story, and suddenly started paying a lot of attention to that scene at the very beginning of The Tok'ra Part 1. You know, when Sam is trying to use Jolinar's memories to find the Tok'ra, and they're all escaping and dialing the gate. There's a few interesting things in that scene.

1. Martouf, as usual, is very physically demonstrative to Jolinar, putting his hands on her arms as he's getting her attention.

2. All the Tok'ra are in Greek/Roman type outfits, and Jolinar's in pink. Not at all like their later uniforms.

3. Martouf and/or Jolinar seem to be in charge, at least of dialing the gate.

So how long ago was this supposed to take place? Was it at some formal celebration? I know the Tok'ra aren't always in those tan outfits, but it seemed to be their work uniform on the show. And why wasn't any leadership there?

Comment

Lots of good points... maybe it was Egeria Day and the council were meeting elsewhere LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X