• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
    *dead*
    nebulan!! I'm happy to see you Welcome back

-Skadi
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
      *dead*
      nebulan! We missed you
      sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
      (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
      Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

That we did - welcome back, nebulan. Hoping to see you more in the future
        sigpic
        button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

So, what do you guys think is the probability of

1) getting a Tok'ra regular character as part of the cast of Stargate: Universe

2) meeting the Tok'ra sometime during Stargate: Universe

3) getting the Tok'ra mentioned sometime during Stargate: Universe
          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
            So, what do you guys think is the probability of

1) getting a Tok'ra regular character as part of the cast of Stargate: Universe

2) meeting the Tok'ra sometime during Stargate: Universe

3) getting the Tok'ra mentioned sometime during Stargate: Universe
            Oh, I don't know, something like...

1) somewhat (like a lot) lower than the probability that a couple of Tok'ra will come through my door in the near future and ask if I know some people who will volunteer as hosts...

2) about the same as 1)

3) on the same level as those Tok'ra showing up on my door step...

(Skadi is depressed)

Honestly, I think Continuum was the last we saw or heard of both the Goa'uld and the Tok'ra, like Arch of Truth was the last we saw of the Ori (and probably the Milky Ways replicators as well). We should be eternally grateful that they did not grab the chance to eradicate every single symbiote from existance during Continuum...

-Skadi
            sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post

1) somewhat (like a lot) lower than the probability that a couple of Tok'ra will come through my door in the near future and ask if I know some people who will volunteer as hosts...

2) about the same as 1)

(Skadi is depressed)

Honestly, I think Continuum was the last we saw or heard of both the Goa'uld and the Tok'ra, like Arch of Truth was the last we saw of the Ori (and probably the Milky Ways replicators as well). We should be eternally grateful that they did not grab the chance to eradicate every single symbiote from existance during Continuum...

-Skadi
              Stop it! You're depressing me, too! It would be awsome to have a Tok'ra as a regular character on Universe, but it probably won't happen.

Oh, and if Tok'ra ever do show up asking if you know some people who will volunteer as hosts, send them to my address. I want to be a Tok'ra!

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                Stop it! You're depressing me, too! It would be awsome to have a Tok'ra as a regular character on Universe, but it probably won't happen.

Oh, and if Tok'ra ever do show up asking if you know some people who will volunteer as hosts, send them to my address. I want to be a Tok'ra!
                Sorry...didn't mean to share my depression...it would be wonderful to have a Tok'ra regular on Universe. I wonder if a petition is worth it?

If the Tok'ra show up in need of hosts (*hopes* - I want to be a Tok'ra), I will remember to mention you

-Skadi
                sigpic

Comment

Wow, I can't believe it took me this long to find this thread. I've known my way about Gateworld for a couple of years now and I've been a big fan of the Tok'ra since their first appearance (what, like ten years ago? Wow...)
                  I've also been known to roleplay as a Tok'ra on other forums. Anyone else ever catch themselves doing that?
                  Last edited by Jalnor; 24 August 2008, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalnor View Post
                    Wow, I can't believe it took me this long to find this thread. I've known my way about Gateworld for a couple of years now and I've been a big fan of the Tok'ra since their first appearance (what, like ten years ago? Wow...)
                    I've also been known to roleplay as a Tok'ra on other forums. Anyone else ever catch themselves doing that?
                    A warm welcome to the Tok'ra thread

Yes, I sometimes act Tok'ra on otherthreads People usually think I am odd, unless it is a somewhat Stargate (or at least sci-fi) related forum. Sometimes even then...

-Skadi
                    sigpic

Comment

There's a popular Tok'ra I haven't seen mentioned here... Malek.
                      Yeah, I usually get odd responses to it, but I only do it in places where I'm quite well established.
                      I found it interesting to see all the stuff the Tok'ra had set up in Continuum, there are obviously more than a handful left... makes me wonder if they've been experimenting with any symbiote cloning techniques.

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post

2) about the same as 1)

(Skadi is depressed)
                        I agree about that, but I'm not really depressed. Considering the way Tok'ra are often treated, I'd much rather see more Tok'ra fanfic than Tok'ra canon.

But if I find out that a Tok'ra has come to ask you about hosts, and that you've become one and didn't offer the same opportunity to me...well, I'll be very hard pressed to be happy for you. ;-)

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                        ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Jalnor View Post
                          There's a popular Tok'ra I haven't seen mentioned here... Malek.
                          Yeah, I usually get odd responses to it, but I only do it in places where I'm quite well established.
                          I found it interesting to see all the stuff the Tok'ra had set up in Continuum, there are obviously more than a handful left... makes me wonder if they've been experimenting with any symbiote cloning techniques.
                          WELCOME, Jalnor It is always good to see a new face in the Tok'ra thread.

Yes, I think Malek is one of the more popular Tok'ra, and I do know there are several in this thread that like him. It is just that there hasn't been much discussion of anything recently - no idea where people have disappeared to? Not just this thread- many threads have fewer people. Oh, well...perhaps it is because it is summer and people are on vacation.

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                          I agree about that, but I'm not really depressed. Considering the way Tok'ra are often treated, I'd much rather see more Tok'ra fanfic than Tok'ra canon.

But if I find out that a Tok'ra has come to ask you about hosts, and that you've become one and didn't offer the same opportunity to me...well, I'll be very hard pressed to be happy for you. ;-)
                          True, unfortunately. While I would love to see a Tok'ra regular, they would probably mistreat him/her or kill him/her off in the first episode, so it is probably better they never mention them again.

...and I want to be a Tok'ra host as well, Skadi. Tell the Tok'ra that there are several people interested, if they need hosts
                          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Something else...I was watching the episode 'Failsafe' (5. season). This is the episode where Anubis tries to wack Earth with a naquadah-filled meteor. We're talking huge amounts of naquadah here. They land on it, and Teal'c walks around on it outside the ship. Yet, neither he nor Sam at any point senses the naquadah, despite the fact that they can sense the presumably small amounts (at least comparably) in a symbiote! How does this make sense?

I guess you could say that maybe they can only sense 'biologically bound' naquadah, but we know that is not the case. Hathor felt the Stargate from South America ('We were drawn to the chaapa'ai').

Something is not making sense here...anyone have any attempts at explanation?

Remember, Teal'c still has Junior at this point, and even if they went back to how it was in the first seasons (Jaffa couldn't sense the symbiotes in others then), we still have Sam who can sense the naquadah in a symbiote.

Yes, they use her abilities less and less, but she has not lost that ability/she still has naquadah in her blood, since she can still use a healing device (attempts it in Meridian later in the season) and in 'Nightwalkers' in season 6 she comments that the symbiotes doesn't have naquadah, because she did not sense them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Heh - don't worry. I will remember to mention all of you if the Tok'ra shows up and needs hosts

Hathor_girl - I have no explanation to how to explain that discrepancy. The only thing I can come up with is that spaceships and spacesuits somehow block the resonance of naquadah, and that is not even likely - especially since the spacesuits is Earth-made. No idea. They screwed up ?

-Skadi
                              sigpic

Comment

Welcome, Jalnor *waves* - what kind of fanfic do you write? Do you have Tok'ra in it?

Yes, Tok'ra on Universe would be cool, but not if they treat them like they have a habit of, I agree there...and I wanna be a host to a Tok'ra as well...

As for the naquadah-meteor - yup, screw up! But I guess it would sorta have destroyed the suspense if Sam had just said she sensed it was made of naquadah while they were stil flying towards it. Oh, well...

-Snotr
                                sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                                (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                                Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Working...
                                X