Freya/Anise (2)
        Zarin (0)
        Re'nal (0)
        Jalen (0)
        Yosuuf/Garshaw (0)
        Egeria (2)
        'Dr Raully' (0)
        sigpic
        button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Male:
          Martouf/Lantash (4)
          Jacob/Selmak (1) (Just barely my favorite over M/L)
          Malek (2)
          Aldwin (0)
          Ta'seem (0)
          Per'sus (0)
          Thoran (0)
          Kanan (0)
          Marnon (0)
          Korra (0)
          Khonsu (0)
          Ocker (0)

Female:
          Rosha/Jolinar (2)
          Sam/Jolinar (2)

Saroosh/Selmak (0)
          Freya/Anise (2)
          Zarin (0)
          Re'nal (0)
          Jalen (0)
          Yosuuf/Garshaw (0)
          Egeria (2)
          'Dr Raully' (0)

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
          ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Chapter 3 of Compromised (LJ , FF.net)

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
              Yay! Looking forward to reading it

-Skadi
              sigpic
              Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                Good chapter It's getting exciting
                sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Male:
                  Martouf/Lantash (4)
                  Jacob/Selmak (2)
                  Malek (2)
                  Aldwin (0)
                  Ta'seem (0)
                  Per'sus (0)
                  Thoran (0)
                  Kanan (0)
                  Marnon (0)
                  Korra (0)
                  Khonsu (0)
                  Ocker (0)

Female:
                  Rosha/Jolinar (2)
                  Sam/Jolinar (2)
                  Saroosh/Selmak (0)
                  Freya/Anise (2)
                  Zarin (0)
                  Re'nal (0)
                  Jalen (1) w0000t!!
                  Yosuuf/Garshaw (0)
                  Egeria (2)
                  'Dr Raully' (0)

btw, I think I figured out who she is in Continuum... but you never get to see her face *grrr*

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                    btw, I think I figured out who she is in Continuum... but you never get to see her face *grrr*
                    I didn't see her - where is she standing/what scene?

-Skadi
                    sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                      I didn't see her - where is she standing/what scene?

-Skadi

Spoiler:
                      I think she was the one on the bus with Sam... don't quote me on that, I don't have the DVD here in front of me to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        I think she was the one on the bus with Sam... don't quote me on that, I don't have the DVD here in front of me to prove it.
                        Thanks. I have the movie. I will look at the scene and see if I can recognize her (I'm bad at recognizing people).

-Skadi
                        sigpic

Comment

How far away do Tok'ra/Goa'uld sense each other? And what about Jaffa? Same or shorter?
                          sigpic
                          button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                            How far away do Tok'ra/Goa'uld sense each other? And what about Jaffa? Same or shorter?
                            Hmm...I don't know. Sometimes in the series, it takes a while for them to notice, but I think that's because there's so much naquadah around them on a regular basis that they kind of block it out. So until it gets close (i.e. a strong sense), I don't think they do sense it, but I think they could if they were looking for it. I think "close" is probably about 5-10 feet, and at maximum they can sense it 20-30 feet away.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                              Well, according to the episode 'Seth'

Spoiler:

DANIEL: Or worse, we get dosed with that organism and all of a sudden we're working for Seth.
                              JACOB: It won't work on me or Teal'c.
                              CARTER: Yeah, but he'll sense your Goa'ulds as soon as you're within 50 feet. With the arsenal he's got we wouldn't even get close to him without being gunned down.
                              O'NEILL: Which is why you're not going in.
                              CARTER: Dad, you said an electrical shock, like a zat gun, would snap us out of it?
                              JACOB: Yeah?

Sam's being impolite to Jacob/Selmak here! Calling Selmak a Goa'uld! That's bad! Funny that nishta is now apparently an organism, were it was a drug in 'Hathor'. Anyway, Tok'ra/Goa'uld can sense each other within 50 feet.

As for Jaffa...well, that depends. None of them (Teal'c included) displays this ability until the 5 season episode 'The Tomb'.

If they had it before, then it is either extremely limited (makes sense, given they have no naquadah in their blood and does not communicate with their symbiote) or Teal'c was being exceptionally careless in episodes such as 'In the Line of Duty', because he was then sitting close to Sam and she had just become host to Jolinar. Nevertheless - he seems as surprised as the others and Jolinar makes no attempts to stay away from him. She should know if a Jaffa could sense her.

Also, in 'Tok'ra I', the Tok'ra is hidden all around them, and Teal'c again senses nothing.

Either way it seems that the Jaffa sense is more limited.

I am going with either 'the writers screwed up' or 'later seasons take place in another universe'. That would also explain the blood of the symbiotes changing from red to blue very early in season 4 ('Crossroads').

-Skadi
                              sigpic

Comment

Just to make things complicated, you also have ones like Jolinar who was like a Goa'uld until she changed her ways.
                                Then all the other Tok'Ra came in who do not use the sarcofigus(spellcheck). So they aren't crazy from it, so shouldn't their scent be different than the Goa'uld? Afterall, that's a big part of what makes them different.
                                O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Working...
                                X