Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    And yet, unfortunately, no sane religion is free of radical extremists who use their faith to perpetuate hate. Even Buddhism, which I consider to be one of the more benevolent religions out there, has its band of whackos. Aum Shinrikyo, the group responsible for the sarin attack in Tokyo, is an extremist Buddist sect (and that just sounds like an oxymoron to me). It's very sad.

Hic Comitas Regit.

Mean people suck.

My thoughts go out to all Londoners, and those with friends and families there.
    Thanks for the considerate thoughts. Mean people DO suck!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
    Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
      Calling all Samandans:-

When will our Pres be back?
      Is our French connection still intact?
      Does anyone know where Deepspace is?
      She helped to give this thread some Fizz
      The keepers on hols - but the flame burns bright
      With proliferant posts through the British night
      piccis, transcripts and vids with sound
      A talented, generous bunch of people found
      But lets not forget the absent few
      and keep on posting to all of you

Err I think I need lessons from the Jester!
      I LOVE reading these poems. They always bring a smile to my face. I'm sure you know to count yourself as one of the talented bunch!

Have a great night, everyone! I'm running home to watch taped Stargate. I also just got the 1st 3 episodes of Stargate through Netflix, so I'm very excited. I'm new to gateworld, and never saw those episodes. Have a good and safe night everyone! I'll talk to everyone tomorrow!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
      Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
        That's really scary, ChopinGal! I'm glad you're safe. I hope you didn't know anyone directly affected in any of the attacks.

These events make me wanna scream and cry all at the same time. I'm actually tearing up as I'm writing this. It's doubly worse for me, because I am moslem. I live in NYC and got stuck in Manhattan on 9/11/01. I felt shocked and scared of the terrorists. I LOVE America and am very loyal. I'm completely in love with NYC and have been all my life. I felt ashamed and angry they would call themselves moslem. Nothing in the teachings of Islam condone hurting innocent civilians. No sane religion ever would.

Right after 9/11 happened, an angry man almost ran me over, 1 block from my house. There were also reports of hate crimes pouring in from all over the country. Not only was I scared of what the terrorists might do, but I also had to be scared of what ignorant Americans might do. It hurt so much because I felt like 2 groups I thought I belonged to were treating uncharacteristically. I so wish there was something I could do to make the mindless violence stop.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of England. May this stupidity end soon.
        Jerin, you speek wisdom. I wish all this madness would stop. But apparently, human kind isn't that advance in the end. I think I read that there was no victims this time. It might have changed, but the effects on the mind are as damaging than the physical one. Hope everything calms down real soon.
        sigpic
        There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
        If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
        If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
        If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

So that you can all think about something else, here's a little poem that was posted on Gateworld (hope my link works this time). Seussified It's hilarious. Spoilers for season 8.
          sigpic
          If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
          If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
          If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Holy Hannah!

Round 34 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. The Broca Divide was eliminated in Round 33. Help keep the Sam-centric episodes from being eliminated! You can make a difference!. Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here:
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
              So that you can all think about something else, here's a little poem that was posted on Gateworld (hope my link works this time). Seussified It's hilarious. Spoilers for season 8.
              What silly fun! Thanks for the link (and it worked just fine).

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                I know someone mentioned it a while back, but did anyone check out the TV Zone #64 issue? Apparently there's an article with AT in it, and she's talking about the season's command issues being addressed...
                no! .... just assume we never read anything and post it for us.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rnwhocares
                  I hope Carter doesn't keep smiling that girly-girl smile, its not her character and its definitely not military!!
                  hi, rnwhocares.

what's sam's girly-girl smile? could you provide an example (and the ep it takes place in)?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    are there time-line inconsistancies between sg's avalon and atlantis' season premier? if so, have they been figured out? if i remember right, a fellow samandan asked joe about these inconsistancies on his thread.

i'm basically asking because --

spoilers for s9's avalon -
                    Spoiler:
                    was sam on the daedalis (sp?) or the prometheus?

sally
                    There have to be inconsistencies.....because we've already been told that
                    Spoiler:
                    some time has passed between Moebius 2 and Avalon 1. At first I thought Sam was on the Daedelus while it was on a trip back to Earth for some new upgrades. But maybe she was on Prometheus, and the new Asgard upgrades were being installed there.

But, in the SGA world,
                    Spoiler:
                    Siege 3 took place immediately following Siege 2.

But then again, that's assuming that the shows were on the same time line before Moebius......
                    A-a-u-u-u-g-g-g-h-h-h-h-h!!!!

Comment

Am I imagining things or are we going to see
                      Spoiler:
                      Geeky Sam in Ripple Effects ?
                      . That would be a nice twist, don't you think ?
                      sigpic

Comment

did anyone read the latest spoilers for 'stronghold'?

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...isg-1iss.shtml

spoilers for s9

Spoiler:
                        i'm going to c/p the part of the article:

Now, Ferguson is dying. A piece of shrapnel has caused an inoperable brain aneurism, and he has only days or weeks to live. Bitter and alone, Ferguson turns to his successful friend in his last days -- and wants Cameron to breach security regulations and tell him about his top-secret work at Cheyenne Mountain. Carter relates to Mitchell's dilemma, confessing that even had she not received clearance, she might have eventually told her father Jacob and Pete Shanahan about her work anyway.

okay, is it only me that doesn't like this? what are the writers doing with sam? again.

1 - isn't the stargate program secret anymore? or, when did it 'stop' being THE most top secret of secrets?

2 - how could sam consider telling anyone about it? i can understand her father, but not that dude that went behind her back to find things out.

i don't like what the writers are saying with sam. but hey, sam did say she'd tell pete everything if he survived... uh, color me confused, but where the heck did she get the clearance to do that?

not liking this.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s9

Spoiler:

Now, Ferguson is dying. A piece of shrapnel has caused an inoperable brain aneurism, and he has only days or weeks to live. Bitter and alone, Ferguson turns to his successful friend in his last days -- and wants Cameron to breach security regulations and tell him about his top-secret work at Cheyenne Mountain. Carter relates to Mitchell's dilemma, confessing that even had she not received clearance, she might have eventually told her father Jacob and Pete Shanahan about her work anyway.

okay, is it only me that doesn't like this? what are the writers doing with sam? again.

1 - isn't the stargate program secret anymore? or, when did it 'stop' being THE most top secret of secrets?

2 - how could sam consider telling anyone about it? i can understand her father, but not that dude that went behind her back to find things out.

i don't like what the writers are saying with sam. but hey, sam did say she'd tell pete everything if he survived... uh, color me confused, but where the heck did she get the clearance to do that?

not liking this.

Sally
                          You're not alone Sal. The first thing I thought when I read that was 'Good grief... here we go again.'

Comment

<snip>
                            sally
                            I agree with you Sally. Why do they insist on messing about with Sam's character? It always makes her look bad.
                            Spoiler:
                            She wanted to tell Jacob, but didn't. Then we have the rubbish with Pete! It was totally out of character, in my opinion. Now we have this to look forward to!
                            sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s9

Spoiler:

Now, Ferguson is dying. [SNIP SNIP] Carter relates to Mitchell's dilemma, confessing that even had she not received clearance, she might have eventually told her father Jacob and Pete Shanahan about her work anyway.

not liking this.
                              sally
                              Well, fortunately, or unfortunately, and to be perfectly frank, I have had a few more beers this evening so apologies in advance - here goes (I hope, after a few beers, I do not fall off my soap box and bump my head or something) when I read this I thought - what complete, total and utter BS with this crapola. I, as you know, think TPTB almost completely ruined the Carter character with this nonesense since mid-season 7 and was soo hoping they would get over this dreck and move on with the competent, intelligent, strong, kick-a$$ Carter we have all been clamouring for, and here we have this s__ (cannot use the word here in a family friendly forum). What the hel_ are they thinking? Well, I am ticked - yet again. Seems that TPTB are able to do that on a whim lately and I think that they put this little ditty into the ep just to rub it in to the people who have had it up to here with this nonesense they are pulling with Carter. Oh well - put another nail in the coffin for me - they will be lucky if I tune in to BH and beyond - God I wish I was a Nielsen household. Think maybe, if I can write it out without completley ripping a head off of someone, I may ask Mallozzi what the hel_ they were thinking by dragging this sorry scenario ( ) back into the mix by even mentioning it - and yet again continuing down this ridiculous, sooo out of character mode with Carter - geesh! I'm ticked - did I mention I'm ticked . . . . Long story short - Sally you are definitley NOT alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
                                So cute! Thanks for sharing!
                                Originally posted by binkpmmc
                                when I read this I thought - what complete, total and utter BS with this crapola. I, as you know, think TPTB almost completely ruined the Carter character with this nonesense since mid-season 7 and was soo hoping they would get over this dreck and move on with the competent, intelligent, strong, kick-a$$ Carter we have all been clamouring for, and here we have this s__ (cannot use the word here in a family friendly forum). What the hel_ are they thinking? Well, I am ticked - yet again. Seems that TPTB are able to do that on a whim lately and I think that they put this little ditty into the ep just to rub it in to the people who have had it up to here with this nonesense they are pulling with Carter.

I'm ticked - did I mention I'm ticked . . . . Long story short - Sally you are definitley NOT alone.
                                Cast another vote for unhappy upon reading the Stronghold spoilers!

And I also want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with all the Samandans in the U. K. I couldn't believe it when I heard the news at lunchtime! I hope you and yours are all ok.....and that you'll be checking in to let us know!

Comment

Working...
                                X