No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watching Emancipation for the 1st time last night. I LOVED it! AT looks so adorable in the native garbs! I rewound the scene where Tea'lc, Jack & Daniel see her for the 1st time in the clothing! The looks on their faces were priceless. I was cracking up, watching Daniel's mouth open during the whole scene. LOL. I thought it also exemplified what I like about Sam's character.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
    Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
      Hi Mal, me too, can't believe i booked our holiday and it's clashed with the con!
      I'm still hoping for the meet-up in the museum at some point in the future, take care Mal
      I'm looking forward to the muesum meet-up. But I hope it wont be to soon.... I really want to meet you but things have been hectic and a little rough for me this year.

I'm hopping to visit GG and baby in september. Then i have the AT con and L3 in oct and Nov. But i think that will be all the traveling i'll be able to do this year.

(((((hugs))))

Comment

EEEK, we got bumped to the second page! I don't have anything new to say, but in order to keep this on topic and not "just" a shameless attempt to put us back on the first page, here's a picture of Amanda from last year's Sci Fi Magazine story.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
          I was watching Emancipation for the 1st time last night. I LOVED it! AT looks so adorable in the native garbs! I rewound the scene where Tea'lc, Jack & Daniel see her for the 1st time in the clothing! The looks on their faces were priceless. I was cracking up, watching Daniel's mouth open during the whole scene. LOL. I thought it also exemplified what I like about Sam's character.
          I loved Sam's character there. She was an awesome fighter. That ep was really character building for Capt. Carter.

Comment

I feel the same way. My hope is that as long as there are people out there like you and many of the other considerate Samandans, we will be okay.
            Hey, we're not all perfect jerin, but I hope our good days outweigh our bad.

Comment

i *love* that ep!

whatever came off as stereotypical i forgive, seeing as it was not only their first season, but there first few eps.

i LOVED the bit where sam kicked the mongol leader's butt!!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

we have our good days and our bad days, but we try
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

how was avalon 2? i'm hearing mixed reactions. taking into account that i'm not much of a daniel, vala, or daniel/vala fan, will this ep be pointless for me?

what i want to see in tonight's ep (besides my wonderful sam, which i'm gathering she's not only not in, but not mentioned ), is --

do we learn anything new about mitchell or landry? what about teal'c? or the new bad guys?

i won't bother with tonight's ep if it's all daniel and vala stuff.

please tell me. i've got an hour and a half before it comes on here in california.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    how was avalon 2? i'm hearing mixed reactions. taking into account that i'm not much of a daniel, vala, or daniel/vala fan, will this ep be pointless for me?

what i want to see in tonight's ep (besides my wonderful sam, which i'm gathering she's not only not in, but not mentioned ), is --

do we learn anything new about mitchell or landry? what about teal'c? or the new bad guys?

please tell me. i've got an hour and a half before it comes on here in california.
                    Spoiler:
                    The episode is a cross between Quantum Leap and Monty Pyton's and the Holy Grail! All Daniel and Vala--Very little Teal'c and lot of flash backs for Cameron. If this continues the show will be dead in the water(in my opinion)
                    Sorry!
                    sigpic

Comment

sally
                      In my opinion Avalon 1 was better than Avalon 2, so depending on how much you liked or disliked the first one will judge if you will like the 2nd one. I thought it was too slow...

The following is a very general synopsis, doesn't give much away if you want to watch without being completly spoiled ...

Spoiler:
                      It was mostly about Daniel and Vala. There was one key moment for Teal'c and the rebeal Jaffa. They introduced the new doctor. I didn't hear the conversation between General Landry and the new doc, someone called me about then, but judging by the body language there is some issues there. I think she's his daughter right?? Mitchell had one quick flashback of his time recovering from his injuries while fighting the knight.

There was actually one very real grown up emotional charged scene between Daniel and Vala ... It was very good acting, good special effects, made me gasp, and you actually got a glimps of the serious side of Vala, maybe there is hope left for that character after all. That was the only scene that I wasn't expecting, so I was surprised by it.
                      Overall I would give it a 4 of 10.
                      Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 22 July 2005, 06:23 PM.

Comment

avalon 2 is very much set up

it introduces and sets up the orii
                        we get another cam flashback
                        we get a foreshadowing of the coming trouble in jaffa land
                        we have the potential for a 'moment of truth' for vala
                        we get an inkling of the lam/landry issues/back story
                        we get to meet lam

dr lee has some good parts and it wasn't as 'bad' as avalon 1...but still it smacks of cotg or rising or another 'pilot' episode
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Citizens of Samanda:
                          There is good news tonight for those of us who are convention-attendance challenged.
                          GW's new Briefing Room ( http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...ewseason.shtml )
                          includes two photo albums from two fans who were at Comic Con.
                          One is our own friend tsaxlady!
                          I enjoyed viewing the photos. I think you will too. You’ll find them posted at:

http://xfkirsten.smugmug.com/gallery/664483

http://spaces.msn.com/members/tsaxla...onalSpace.aspx

There are some great pictures of our Queen. Enjoy!

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                          EEEK, we got bumped to the second page! I don't have anything new to say, but in order to keep this on topic and not "just" a shameless attempt to put us back on the first page, here's a picture of Amanda from last year's Sci Fi Magazine story.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...r/scifimag.jpg

NC
                          Eeeks! We slipped off the first page!!!! Oh, no!! We can't fail our Queen!!!

i *love* that ep!

whatever came off as stereotypical i forgive, seeing as it was not only their first season, but there first few eps.

i LOVED the bit where sam kicked the mongol leader's butt!!

sally
                          Me too! And I agree about the stereotypical reactions. At this point, they were all still getting to know each other. I loved today's S1 ep too.....The First Commandment.....with Sam's whacko ex-fiancee!

And thanks to everyone who wrote to congratulate me on 800 posts. I'm just thrilled that my PM box has gone from 10 to 25! Yippeee!

Comment

Ok this is purely my opinion about tonight's episode so hopefully I won't offend anyone with it

I actually didn't watch the show when it first came on because I forgot I had promised my husband I would go see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with him. ( Very strange movie ) Anyway, so I sat down and turned on the DVR and immediately I see Vala. And across the room is my husband, who doesn't normally watch Stargate, is fiddling with something and he suddenly stops what he was doing and asks 'Wow, since when did they start wearing outfits like that on Stargate? I would have started watching it with you a long time ago. Rolling my eyes I just ignore his comment and continue watching the show. *Yes I know, his shallow mind does rear it's ugly head occassionally*

Ok so like others have said it did have a very nice dramatic moment in the episode between Vala and Daniel that I really liked; but as much as I sat there trying to make myself love this episode; trying to make myself really like Vala... it's just wasn't happening.

Overall I'd say that the so far the season isn't really bad. I mean if it were a new spinoff show I would probably be truly enjoying it; however, I don't know how to explain it. It just leaves me feeling empty. It's like I've just spent an hour watching and waiting for something to happen but it never does. I keep waiting for it to all click together and suddenly seem like the show I have been watching for the past eight years. I'm not putting down the actors/writers, I really think they have done a fair job so far trying to deal with so many new characters and plotlines... it's just that I just really miss my old team. I miss Jack. I miss Sam. I'm even really starting to miss Hammond and Janet. It's like I didn't realize how good we used to have it until so much of it is gone.

I think the best part of the episode for me personally was seeing Teal'c away from the SGC. I'm really hoping we get some time with Sam/Teal'c this season where Teal'c opens up a bit about what he is trying to deal with on Dakara. He just seems so isolated and alone to me. Poor Teal'c.
                            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 22 July 2005, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I may be alone in this opinion but ... the chemistry and the interaction between Mitchell, Daniel, Teal'c and Vala are missing the mark. Obviously it's not the same because Jack and Sam are not there, but they don't seem to play well off one another. Example when the four (or when only three) of them are riding an elevator, or walking through the halls. It's just about one character talking and the other three listening. There's no looks, or facial expressions indicating their agreements, disagreements, boredom, amusement, etc. I never realized how expressive RDA and AT were until now. AT could express so much with just on look, she didn't have to say anything.

BB does play off of CB easily as do MS and CJ, but as a group they are miss something in my opinion. I know they are still getting to know one another and I should just give it some time and I will. I'm looking forward to next week with RDA and four more episodes until AT comes back.
                              Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 22 July 2005, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                avalon 2 is very much set up

it introduces and sets up the orii
                                we get another cam flashback
                                we get a foreshadowing of the coming trouble in jaffa land
                                we have the potential for a 'moment of truth' for vala
                                we get an inkling of the lam/landry issues/back story
                                we get to meet lam

dr lee has some good parts and it wasn't as 'bad' as avalon 1...but still it smacks of cotg or rising or another 'pilot' episode
                                thanks, sky.

i'm recording it to watch later. i'll just ff through the stuff that doesn't interest me. jeez... i never used to do this with this show.

i want to get to know mitchell, landry, lam, and the ori, so i'll check out that stuff.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X