Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Haha, she is too... and jeans... now we just need her in a flanny and we have Bogan!Amanda
    Wow... I know you're speaking English, but that just went right over my head...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      AD and Myrth ... what's a bogan?!
      Haha, yeah Myrth pretty much summed it up
      Kinda like how you American's have your Rednecks and such - we have our Bogans, though the term isn't really considered that derogatory.

If you've ever seen or heard about the Aussie show 'Kath and Kim' - perfect example of a Bogan

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Haha, yeah Myrth pretty much summed it up
        Kinda like how you American's have your Rednecks and such - we have our Bogans, though the term isn't really considered that derogatory.

If you've ever seen or heard about the Aussie show 'Kath and Kim' - perfect example of a Bogan
        <switching on Okie accent> 'Round these here parts, bein' a redneck is the norm, son. Ain't nothin' derogatory 'bout it. <switching accent off>

Thanks for the Bogan explanation, Myrth and AD!

Hugs,
        Strix
        (who is posting randomly in an attempt to reach 300 posts today...)

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          And wow, is that sad, or what?

My LJ

Comment

ROTFL Beware of temporal cascade failure ... I've already responded to myself too. Should we both "get a life"?!!

Hey, I should be doing a ton of other things this morning and I'll play your silly game by helping you along here ... I just posted a response to golfbooy regarding our recent existential angst over Avalon ... if you back up a few posts, you'll catch it!

Do have to run now but will check in later to see if you still need help in reaching your milestone today.

And, next Sunday, you and I should be wandering down the yellow brick road just about now. Will email you later on this.

Peace, CG

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoPenguin

... This is a very classy thread. I didn't mean to fish and I certainly didn't expect that kind of a response. You ever need anyone to defend Lady Amanda's honor anywhere, y'all call on the Penguin, Y'hear?!
              Welcome to Samanda, PsychoPenguin! Your name alone tells me that you are a perfect fit for our community!

Many of us like fishing, especially in Jack's pond!

And the name you've given our Queen is lovely ... Lady Amanda!

Just like Lady Amanda, the SaGC thread tries to be a class act - please stay around and join in the fun and doom and gloom and overall mayhem!

Comment

And, next Sunday, you and I should be wandering down the yellow brick road just about now. Will email you later on this.

Peace, CG
                Woohoo! I'm charging my camera batteries even as we speak.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Miz_Gatez
                  0.0 That poem is totally, totally.....TRUE!! No truer words were ever thought, spoken, or typed! And the pic is fab--did you do it? May I Use it for my wallpaper on my computer? Sorry, I'm a sucker for good writing and art (who says handdrawn pics rule all? It's amazing what you can do with a computer ).

I think 3/4 of the old team will be returning...Sam Carter (yay!), Teal'c, and Daniel (that was a given once you watched Avalon Pt 1 & Avalon Pt 2 though). If you look closely at the clipshot of the team going through the gate before the show starts (forgive me, I don't know the exact term) you'll see that all three are in there ....

After seeing most of the old team in that...?....clipshot I don't have the term for....my hopes have been restored I'm glad to hear Jack's in the next episode....I listened to another thread and heard why he's been cut out quite a bit, but I still think it was a major mistake doing it Why? In one word, because he's funny. In a dozen (or more), his character & the team seemed to fit well (sorry but that's the best way I can explain how I feel about it without giving you a headache )
                  Welcome to Samanda, Miz Gatez and thanks for the compliments. The clip shot in my poem is credited to a close friend (and co-author at another forum of a soap opera called As The Stargate Turns/Spins). I've borrowed her artwork for my poem. Geogirl, thank you! I'm not sure, though, whether it should be used elsewhere. I will ask her how she feels about that since it came from her design shop, not mine.

In meantime, yes, some of the old will be out and new is in. The former members of Daniel, Teal'c, and Sam are returning. RDA has wanted to leave for a few seasons now to devote more time to his young daughter in LA. So that's why Jack will no longer be an integral part of the show. TPTB are keeping him on but at a distance ... giving him Hammond's former post (I think) of Director of Homeworld Security in Wash DC. All this should be clarified in Episode 3 next week.

Hope you decide to stay in Samanda and add to the discussions!

Comment

Welcome to Samanda, PsychoPenguin! Your name alone tells me that you are a perfect fit for our community!

Many of us like fishing, especially in Jack's pond!

And the name you've given our Queen is lovely ... Lady Amanda!

Just like Lady Amanda, the SaGC thread tries to be a class act - please stay around and join in the fun and doom and gloom and overall mayhem!
                    Hic Comitas Regit DOES say it all.

And Chopin, our Queen IS the Heart of SG-1. I've always felt it. So, I will eagerly await her return, but will still continue to watch the show, even though it makes her absence all the more obvious.

And I apologize for my lack of presence here, but certain things have kept me away the past few days and after the debut of season 9 , I must admit, your Royal Physician/Counsellor was in need of counselling herself.

Hope you are all well and healthy! You can always "page" me, should the need arise.
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoPenguin
                      Yeah, to be honest, I think I find myself lurking over here more and more because I can always count on the posts over here to be intelligent and interesting without being either "bashing" or "gushing." I lurk on the "Sheppard Thunk Thread" as well, but I'm disappointed in the fact that no one over there wants to discuss the character so much as just drool. The episode threads seem to be some of the few places that actually *discuss* the shows, but even they can be pretty lacking when it comes to carrying on cogent arguments.

I just hate that I've never really been an "SG1" fan and it was "SGA" that sucked me in. From everything you kind folk have said about AT/Sam Carter, both actress and character sound pretty wonderful. I wish we "Atlanteans" had something we could offer for her. Maybe later we could work something out...
                      You offered her and her followers "kind" words. That rates pretty highly here.

Welcome to Samanda, sorry to be late with my greetings. Please post here frequently, as people like you are always welcome, as I'm certain you now well aware.

Hic Comitas Regit!
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

<switching on Okie accent> 'Round these here parts, bein' a redneck is the norm, son. Ain't nothin' derogatory 'bout it. <switching accent off>

Thanks for the Bogan explanation, Myrth and AD!

Hugs,
                        Strix
                        Strix, I'm going to help you with your post count. Could you switch off the Okie accent and repeat it to me in words I can find in a dictionary ? Or I swear, I'm going to talk to everyone in French with the Marseille accent "peuchère !"
                        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

From the Ask Bam Bam Thread:
                          My question:
                          Anyway, the scuttlebutt I see on GW is that Amanda Tapping has decided to avoid stunts given that she's a bit occupied with the baby when not filming. So my guess is you might not have worked with her directly. This makes me wonder: Do you get to meet & hang out at all with the actors if you're not directly working with them for a scene? It sounds like they are all pretty cool & down to earth, especially AT.
                          Answer:

I do see Amanda, and all the other actors, at the office, on set, where they, and I, happen to be. We all work in the same place so..............and yes, Amanda is very, very sweet, and I would even refer to her as cool.

Comment

Go Strix...Go Strix... You can do it. You can do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              you're not the only one to be hit by the random K

in fact, the list is long and distinguished.

we may not all be positive in here right now, and sorry to drag things down for those that are...but - to the best of my knowledge - no samandan has ever gone into other threads and declared rep 'war' on people that s/he doesn't agree with.

to quote rda 'life's too short'
                              I am suprised you guys don't all get red repped for even daring to have such a thread. I mean common your guy's thread keeps going to the top and pushing he WOW thread to the second page. How dare you!!! [note this is sarcasm and a lame attempt at humor, dont red rep me, I promise not to post here again, I just needed to vent in relative safety]

BTW Sam rules and is my my favorite Sci Fi female character. She is a strong female that wears the same logical protective gear that all the rest of the team does. The only character even close was Ivonova from B5 but she was more snarky then action oriented.

I dont know that Claudia Christian who played Ivonova could have pulled off the Sam Carter character had she somehow been cast and I doubt CB could have pulled it off either. Both are good actresses but Amanda is amazing in her ability to act like a true solder. The way she handles the firearms, does the hand signals and reacts to orders makes you think she has actually been in the AF for a long, long time. And the way she handles the technobable makes you feel like she is truely a Dr in Physics. Sam IS a great character and I dont know how everyone can't see that or why they feel threatened by it.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                                Found a couple of pics from the Comic Con cocktail party and felt compelled to share with the kingdom
                                http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewicke...001/new--2.jpg
                                http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewicke...0001/new-4.jpg
                                http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewicke...0001/new-3.jpg
                                http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewicke...0001/new-1.jpg

*squee* she's wearing thongs (flip flops to the yanks)...
                                *giggles* Thanks for the 'thong' clarification. I was reading the thread backwards from most recent post to where I'd left off earlier & saw the mention of thongs & did a when I read someone else's response to this! (Thongs for us describe binkini & underwear bottoms!!! )

Thanks for posting the pix though!
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X