No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I posted a question to Mallozzi about it - if any of you are so inclined and have minute take a look. Let me know if you think it is out of line or over the top and if so I'll delete it (I read it several times before posting it and it sounded okay - don't think I'll get modded on it but let me know what you think if you get a chance just in case). Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
      Well I posted a question to Mallozzi about it - if any of you are so inclined and have minute take a look. Let me know if you think it is out of line or over the top and if so I'll delete it (I read it several times before posting it and it sounded okay - don't think I'll get modded on it but let me know what you think if you get a chance just in case). Thanks.
      perfect!

even if he doesn't answer (don't hold breath), at least you're letting HIM know how some fans feel.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Someone posted something a little earlier this evening about
        Spoiler:
        the writers saying they wanted to change the title of the show with the addition of the new team member, to reflect its "spinoff" nature.

Could that lead the way for production of the long-awaited movies to start?

Comment

Where is everyone? This is my 800th post, and *sniff, sniff* there's no one here to share the event!

Hurrah! My PM box just got bigger!

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
            I thought it was a good question binkpmmc. Hopefully he will get to read it. I asked a question, granted it was a short paragraph (maybe four or five lines) to set up the question and express concerns. One of the mods cut it down to just the question ... no concerns listed. Granted a lot of the posts were cut not just mine. I know JM doesn't have a lot of time. I understand the MODS need to keep things moving and make things easier for JM, but I was still disappointed. I'm just warning you it might get cut and the translations will get lost. There is nothing you can do, but wait and see. I wouldn't change anything.
            Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 21 July 2005, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
              Where is everyone? This is my 800th post, and *sniff, sniff* there's no one here to share the event!

CONGRATS on 800 posts SG-1fanintn!!!

I also love the sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                did anyone read the latest spoilers for 'stronghold'?

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...isg-1iss.shtml

spoilers for s9

Spoiler:
                i'm going to c/p the part of the article:

Now, Ferguson is dying. A piece of shrapnel has caused an inoperable brain aneurism, and he has only days or weeks to live. Bitter and alone, Ferguson turns to his successful friend in his last days -- and wants Cameron to breach security regulations and tell him about his top-secret work at Cheyenne Mountain. Carter relates to Mitchell's dilemma, confessing that even had she not received clearance, she might have eventually told her father Jacob and Pete Shanahan about her work anyway.

okay, is it only me that doesn't like this? what are the writers doing with sam? again.

1 - isn't the stargate program secret anymore? or, when did it 'stop' being THE most top secret of secrets?

2 - how could sam consider telling anyone about it? i can understand her father, but not that dude that went behind her back to find things out.

i don't like what the writers are saying with sam. but hey, sam did say she'd tell pete everything if he survived... uh, color me confused, but where the heck did she get the clearance to do that?

not liking this.

sally
                Yeah, it didn't bother me that much. I took it as Sam just being empathic... trying to sympathize with Mitchell's dilemma. She said
                Spoiler:
                might have eventually told her father Jacob and Pete Shanahan about her work... I might have been more upset if she'd said "would have."

My LJ

Comment

you know, those spoilers don't bother me.

stronghold spoilers
                  Spoiler:

i can see sam empathizing with cam. i remember back in secrets/tok'ra, how much it hurt her to not be able to tell jacob.
                  there is a part of me that could see her telling jacob on his deathbed.
                  as to pete...i dunno. she'd have to really trust him because if he shot his mouth off, her butt would be on the line.

and sally, look at it this way....it's easy to empathize and say things when you don't have to go back in time and really face what you're saying. In othe words, it's easy for sam to empathize by saying she might have told jacob or pete when both of those men are out of the picture and telling them is a moot point
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s9's stronghold

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    Yeah, it didn't bother me that much. I took it as Sam just being empathic... trying to sympathize with Mitchell's dilemma. She said
                    Spoiler:
                    might have eventually told her father Jacob and Pete Shanahan about her work... I might have been more upset if she'd said "would have."
                    Spoiler:
                    yeah, that works. to a degree.

in 'secrets', even though her father was dying, sam didn't tell him anything. yes, it hurt, but sam was following her oath. that's why when sam told pete (and said she'd tell him everything when he was hurt *before* it appeared she got clearance) everything at the end of chimera, many of us where saying 'but you wouldn't tell your own father, why are you telling this i-respect-you-from-the-bottom-of-my-liver guy!?'

i can sincerely understand her 'contemplating' telling her dad (if the whole cancer/tok'ra thing hadn't turned out), but that's because he was her father AND military.

i don't like the impression it gives that sam would give away top secret info because of personal feelings.

argh, chimera is the anti-christ of eps!

sally
                    Last edited by majorsal; 21 July 2005, 06:45 PM. Reason: if anyone finds my brain... send it to www.ifionlyhadabrain.com
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      Spoiler:

Same here for me. I see it as Sam empathizing with Mitchell as well, and I think it is in character for her to do so, given that they are friends. And because of the way it was worded, it didn't bother me.

I can understand the strong reaction, however, to the unfavorable character!!

Comment

I think I'll wait untill it plays out in the episode before making a judgement on it
                        I mean that spoiler could have been taken completely out of contex or something, so I'll wait and see

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          you know, those spoilers don't bother me.

stronghold spoilers
                          Spoiler:

i can see sam empathizing with cam. i remember back in secrets/tok'ra, how much it hurt her to not be able to tell jacob.
                          there is a part of me that could see her telling jacob on his deathbed.
                          as to pete...i dunno. she'd have to really trust him because if he shot his mouth off, her butt would be on the line.
                          [spoilers] i see what you're saying, but how could sam trust pete when he went behind her back? for your thinger to work, ps spying/checking up on sam would have to had been taken out. (in my opinion)

(on a side note: some fans say sam jonesing for jack really hurt her character, but i think it was *some* of sam's behavior regarding ps. again, my opinion.)

your idea one time of having pete be a friend of daniel's, and that he just 'happened' to arrive at daniel's at the moment the violience went down in chimera.... that would have been *such* a better idea of how ps found out about things.

Spoiler:
                          and sally, look at it this way....it's easy to empathize and say things when you don't have to go back in time and really face what you're saying. In othe words, it's easy for sam to empathize by saying she might have told jacob or pete when both of those men are out of the picture and telling them is a moot point
                          Spoiler:
                          that's a much better way of thinking about it. and i'll try it. *try*.

i just don't want sam to take anymore hits.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

You know, there seem to be a number of positive things going on for Sam lately.

AT at Comic Com seemed very happy and thanks to the reports by tsaxlady and another amanda fan, the audience was great (I have no idea why but I have been reading some of the reports on comic con from farscape fans too, and what is nice is --- they mention Amanda very positively (as they should, of course!), and mention the crowd reaction to her as well as Ben.)

AT and others have said that the focus for Carter is soldier/scientist Sam for season nine!! I think this may actually be true.

A really good turnout of nominated Sam fic for the Stargate Fan Fiction Awards 2005!!!, with some of the talented Samandans represented! Good to see lots of Sam fic along with Jack and Daniel.

It seems that there are a large number of positive Sam comments here and in most other forums about being happy to see sam in the first episode, or statements about looking forward to Sam's/AT's full return to the show (and these are folks who either like or dislike Vala--not really related, again on most forums). Also, in yet another thread here on the leadership issue, even those who would rather Sam be more in the science role (and I can understand this even though I would like to see her lead), preface their statements with just to let you know, I think Sam is a great character..... Wonder where they got that from!! Or I love Sam, but....

Spoilers for season nine

She was in episode one!! yeah! What a shock--smart move by the writers.

I saw in the first episode that Mitchell and Carter have a mutual respect for one another---I like this, and I see no ship here at all. When she returns, Carter can just interact with the other military team member without any other stuff going on, and they have the same rank. It doesn't sound like she is subordinate to Mitchell.

Perhaps there will be some type of arrangement so that they can lead different missions, as binkpmmc and others proposed.

Okay, one negative I see---but not really about Sam, but like others, I wonder how much this team of 4 will ever be together. It seems like they are always split up again like the last two seasons.

If the spoilers are true, I think Sam spending some time with Cassie is also a positive thing for Sam.

I thought of others, but now my brain just froze!!! Ah well---I hate when that happens!, must be that "age thing", but this post is getting too long anyway!
                            Last edited by chocdoc; 21 July 2005, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                              You know, there seem to be a number of positive things going on for Sam lately.

AT at Comic Com seemed very happy and thanks to the reports by tsaxlady and another amanda fan, the audience was great (I have no idea why but I have been reading some of the reports on comic con from farscape fans too, and what is nice is --- they mention Amanda very positively (as they should, of course!), and mention the crowd reaction to her as well as Ben.)

AT and others have said that the focus for Carter is soldier/scientist Sam for season nine!! I think this may actually be true.

It seems that there are a large number of positive Sam comments here and in most other forums about being happy to see sam in the first episode, or statements about looking forward to Sam's/AT's full return to the show (and these are folks who either like or dislike Vala--not really related, again on most forums). Also, in yet another thread here on the leadership issue, even those who would rather Sam be more in the science role (and I can understand this even though I would like to see her lead), preface their statements with just to let you know, I think Sam is a great character..... Wonder where they got that from!! Or I love Sam, but....

Spoilers for season nine

She was in episode one!! yeah! What a shock--smart move by the writers.

I saw in the first episode that Mitchell and Carter have a mutual respect for one another---I like this, and I see no ship here at all. When she returns, Carter can just interact with the other military team member without any other stuff going on, and they have the same rank. It doesn't sound like she is subordinate to Mitchell.

Perhaps there will be some type of arrangement so that they can lead different missions, as binkpmmc and others proposed.

Okay, one negative I see---but not really about Sam, but like others, I wonder how much this team of 4 will ever be together. It seems like they are always split up again like the last two seasons.

If the spoilers are true, I think Sam spending some time with Cassie is also a positive thing for Sam.

I thought of others, but now my brain just froze!!! Ah well---I hate when that happens!, must be that "age thing", but this post is getting too long anyway!

Where can I find some of these other reports from Comic con? I loved the ones that tsaxlady posted!! Interested to hear what others said. I'm glad AT is getting positive feedback.

Spoiler:
                              yes ... someone else was mentioning that Sam and Mitchell were very rarely together on missions. One was on Earth while the other was leading SG-1 off world. hence the spoilers today. Sam is leading SG-1 while Mitchell remains on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Congratulations on post 800
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X