No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astrog, I just wanted to thank you for posting the 'Blue Jello Metaphor' fic.
    I absolutely loved it. So much so I decided to make a manip for it.

Please keep in mind this is a very tongue and cheek.

SuperSam

I really liked this line...

"It wasn't so much what was being said about her around base, but who was doing the saying".

I think it really says a great deal about Sam and Stargate fandom as a whole.

Kat

EDIT: Just wanted to say what a great job everyone is doing on the Samanda flags!!! Keep up the great work!!! I can't wait to see more entries. Guess I should be spending more time coming up with myown flag instead of playing with SuperSam.
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 03 July 2005, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

SuperSam

"It wasn't so much what was being said about her around base, but who was doing the saying".

Kat
      Great image, Kat! It really goes well with the story. And I agree wholeheartedly with you about the line and how well it describes our fandom.

NC

Comment

Here's a smaller variation for websites that require the avatar to be 100x100 in size...this is what I have set up for my GW profile picture...
        Attached Files

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Here's a smaller variation for websites that require the avatar to be 100x100 in size...this is what I have set up for my GW profile picture...
          cool Uber ... very nice

Comment

SuperSam

Kat

EDIT: Just wanted to say what a great job everyone is doing on the Samanda flags!!! Keep up the great work!!! I can't wait to see more entries. Guess I should be spending more time coming up with myown flag instead of playing with SuperSam.
            RLOL .... love SuperSam ... thank you fro sharing

Comment

for making hte font stand out, have you tried a dark drop shadow? or maybe the 'bevel and emboss' and have it be an outside bevel

that sometimes helps me out on my icons
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

SuperSam

Kat

Oh Kat, that's just great! I loved the story, too.

My LJ

Comment

SuperSam

Kat

*SuperSam* Great! A SuperPic for a SuperStory!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                    *SuperSam* Great! A SuperPic for a SuperStory!
                    Posted in a SuperThread!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                      Nope ! I borrowed Sam's one ! You know the one Orlin used to pay for "everything you need to build a mini stargate"
                      ROTFL!
                      Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      To celebrate the fourth of July and of course my American hero Lt. Col. Samantha Carter (well my FICTIONAL American hero at least ), I made this little avatar for use with MSN...

Then I thought you might all like to see it so here it is...If you'd like to use it...feel free to do so!

Great job, Uber! Love the flag and the Stargate behind Sam - very nice!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      I love the flag! Great job, Lys! I have only one suggestion. Our motto seems to fade away a little. How about a font that isn't so thin, or making it a little larger?
                      I agree... I think it needs some stockier letters that are a bit easier to read for the more casual observers (aka folks who are a bit more visually challenged). Great job on the flag, Lys!

SuperSam

Kat

LOL - wonderful photo-graphic, Kat! Sam looks like a real comic book hero with that Super Sam on her shirt and standing on the Earth like that! Great job! If you haven't already done it, I'd recommend sending an email to the author of The Blue Jello Metaphor and including a link to your pic - someone did that for one of the fics that I wrote and I thought it was great!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        ROTFLOL I just read three of this author's stories ... omigod ... she's outta control. Wickedly funny! Thanks for the tip.

Comment

SuperSam

Kat

This was superb, Kat! Now, how are you going to represent the author's other story about the Naked Planet?!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Warrior
                            Maybe a little late, but the new promo pics are awesome! Hopefully more news will follow soon! I think It's great that the powers the be finally aknowledged Sam's existence, and that she's an integral part of the show, judging from her place in the pic and the cover on TV Guide.

I'll talk about something less redundant later.
                            i know it must have been hard for the ptb to promote sam/amanda, when they weren't 100 percent sure when she was going to come back, or how much participation she'd have because of giving birth a short time before. but after amanda returned, and we 'still' didn't hear anything... we got scared. BUT, that seems to be over, and amanda and sam are out there for us to SEE and ENJOY!

i'm also over the moon with amanda being on the front of the tv guide! i remember, when rda and ms were on the cover a couple of years ago... i was happy that stargate had *finally* gotten not only attention, but the front cover!, but i was also disappointed that half the team was missing. i don't know why they're doing it this way (only two team members per cover), but i'm SOOOO HAPPY that amanda's on the cover for MILLIONS of ppl to see, that i'll take this 2 member cover anyday!

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                              J'aime Sam, aussi.
                              I thought I'd try and follow the current language theme of this thread (badly).

Hello.
                              I have a question/request, and I'd thought I'd post here because who else would know the delightful Sam best.
                              I'm stewing a fic at the moment which is Sam centric, but I want to see if what I'm thinking is right or very far off centre character wise. So what I'd like is a little help finishing this sentence from Sam's POV:

Life would be so much easier if....

Obvious example being, "there weren't these dang regs". It can be silly or serious, but preferably a bit more away from the 'ship issue.

Also, has she ever lost anyone when she has been in command (not inc. Daniel ) like members of other teams.
                              I'm thinking no, but I just want to check.
                              you know the first thing that came to mind when i read your quip....

Life would be so much easier if .... i weren't a woman.

i can image sam thinking that sometimes, because i'm sure she's had to handle prejudice because of it. but i'd like to believe that by the time the story ended, sam would be dang glad she was a woman!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Blue Jello Metaphor is a good fic.

i feel for sam in a way. back in high school i was the 'smart one'...the one who broke the curve. yeah, wasn't fun.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X