Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    I like them as antagonists with NO romantic potential. For me, he's the jerk you love to hate. It was kind of fun to see someone who didn't automatically bow to Carter's brilliance; who challenged her a little. But I also felt it was important that the end it was clearly proven that Sam was right & he was wrong, wrong, wrong. Did I mention, wrong?
    i loved seeing them interacting, because we'd never seen this side of sam (snarky).

i don't watch atlantis, but i'd like to ask someone that does a question. i know this is off topic, but it's just popped into my head (again). mckay was not only a jerk to sam, he was willing to let teal'c die in (the ep i can't remember the name of, but teal'c was stuck in the stargate buffer). i guess i think it's weird to make someone cruddy into some kind of hero. i'm not real crazy (understatement) in them doing that with baal either. baal's the most realistic and sexy of the goaulds, but HE TORTURED AND MURDERED JACK OVER AND OVER... and it's been forgotten or something. if the opportunity comes up, i'd like to see sam stand face-to-face with baal... and then her blow his head off. literally.

wow, i'm blood thirsty tonight.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
      I feel that Sam/AT should be given a full page all by herself. Putting Mitchel/BB beside her makes me cringe as if they are pairing her of again with another guy.
      don't worry about this, gatebee; it's not going to happen.

and i don't mind amanda/sam sharing the page with ben/mitchell. since we've been missing sam/amanda promotion, it's *wonderful* to see her getting any attention at all!

gatebee - if you're still worried, shipwise, i'll discuss it with you on the more appropriate shipper thread.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i loved seeing them interacting, because we'd never seen this side of sam (snarky).

i don't watch atlantis, but i'd like to ask someone that does a question. i know this is off topic, but it's just popped into my head (again). mckay was not only a jerk to sam, he was willing to let teal'c die in (the ep i can't remember the name of, but teal'c was stuck in the stargate buffer). i guess i think it's weird to make someone cruddy into some kind of hero.
        Yeah, McKay was so sure he was right and there was no way Teal'c could have survived he didn't even want to try. I think on Atlantis they're giving him more of a sympathetic side. I'm not a major Atlantis fan, though I do watch it.
        i'm not real crazy (understatement) in them doing that with baal either. baal's the most realistic and sexy of the goaulds, but HE TORTURED AND MURDERED JACK OVER AND OVER... and it's been forgotten or something. if the opportunity comes up, i'd like to see sam stand face-to-face with baal... and then her blow his head off. literally.

wow, i'm blood thirsty tonight. sally

I must be too, b/c I'd love to see this scenario. Not in a shippy revenge way, but in a "you are evil and deserve to die" way--the same as if he'd done that to Daniel or Teal'c. Not to mention the year of evil deeds before SG1 ever met him.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55

I must be too, b/c I'd love to see this scenario. Not in a shippy revenge way, but in a "you are evil and deserve to die" way--the same as if he'd done that to Daniel or Teal'c. Not to mention the year of evil deeds before SG1 ever met him.
          i wonder if sam would/could do that? i've also always wondered if sam felt any guilt for the situation jack was in (taking the symbiote and then paying for it royally)? i know she didn't know 'that' would happen to jack, but she did talk him into it. (if i were her, i'd have felt guilty).

so, would sam commit cold blooded murder if the object of that murder was a monster? and baal is a monster to me.

i'd really like to see that scene too, and then see her struggle with the fact that she killed someone and it 'wasn't' in self defense. but i also think she'd work through it quickly because baal is a cold blooded murderer of epic proportions. but can you just imagine the way amanda would play this?... (she's a kick a$$ actress)

my, aren't my posts fun.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

here's a q/a from joe's thread.

Originally Posted by jckfan55
            On the "Ask Bam Bam" thread a while back, he said he hadn't worked with Amanda Tapping on fight scenes yet. From what you've said so far, my guess is we'll see some P90 action. But can we also look forward to some Carter hand-to-hand fighting this season?

(joe)
            So far, no Carter hand-to-hand fighting. Come to think of it, what was the last episode in which we did see Carter hand-to-hand?

~~~

so, what 'was' sam's last hand-to-hand combat scene/ep?

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

SaGC Collection update: It's all printed! Finally! It took a solid week.. and my little inkjet printer is very, very proud of itself! The final collection was 385 pages, printed double-sided and in color. I used high quality, heavyweight 'brochure' quality paper (103 brightness) - where you can print on both sides, but what's on the 'other side' can't be seen when looking at either side of the paper. In some cases I also used glossy photopaper - where there were full page photos and/or photo-art - but I could only do that where there wasn't a photo on the other side (text printed very well on the back side of the photopaper, but photos did not).

And now... it's all at the bindery! Finding a place to bind it turned out to be more of an adventure than I'd anticipated... I wanted it bound like a real book - like my graduate thesis was bound – and having my thesis bound was a snap…. However, when I went to find local binderies around where I now live… I discovered that book binderies are *not* common in towns that don’t have Universities nearby! After several days of driving around and searching the phone book and internet, the SaGC Collection ultimately got a drive to downtown San Francisco… and then a trip over to Berkeley -where it is now in the queue for proper binding! They said it would be a week or two and then they’d call for me to come and pick it up.

Here’s the ‘ultimate’ final version of the SaGC Collection (what was printed and went to the bindery). It includes the additions and changes that folks sent me... as well as Kat's recent wonderful list of Sam quotes and NC's summary list of Sam quotes with audio clips (with a note to insert the CD-ROM to listen to the clips). [I]Because the tome had already been printed, complete with page numbers and table of contents, I inserted the 'new' pages without page numbers. In the PDF file, the inserted pages are numbered with lower case letters (i, ii, iii, iv, etc.) so that the page numbering matches that of the printed version. However, that does mean that when viewed on-screen with the PDF viewer, that the PDF page numbers do not match the printed page numbers in the page headers (and that will probably only make sense to you if you dink around in the PDF file and pay attention to the page numbering).
              Astrog, thank you so much for all your work on the SaGC Collection. Not only is it something Amanda can enjoy, so can we.

There’s another forum I frequent that lost entire threads due to major problems with the forum software (they didn’t use the same software as GW). Many threads were lost, never to be recovered. One of the threads I loved, and was lost, posted custom DVD Stargate artwork. I thought of your creation and was able to heave a grateful sigh of relief that if such an unfortunate loss happened to us we would have your tome and wouldn’t loose all the fine work of this thread.

So, again, thanks for your dedication in producing such a truly fine creation for all of us! I know Amanda (and Olivia) will treasure the SaGC Collection, just like we do.

Comment

On the "Ask Bam Bam" thread a while back, he said he hadn't worked with Amanda Tapping on fight scenes yet. From what you've said so far, my guess is we'll see some P90 action. But can we also look forward to some Carter hand-to-hand fighting this season?

(joe)
                So far, no Carter hand-to-hand fighting. Come to think of it, what was the last episode in which we did see Carter hand-to-hand?

~~~

sally
                There was Emancipation, of course... and then there is the scene in End Game where she kicks the bad guy with her hands bound behind her... and there was the scene on Kelowna where she jumped on that Jaffa - and isn't that where she gave one of them a roundhouse type of whallop-kick? And there have been a couple of times where she's given a guy an elbow to the face - once in Hathor and once in Lockdown....hmmm....

Edited to fix: changed 'feet bound behind her' to 'hands bound behind her' D'oh!
                Last edited by astrogeologist; 27 June 2005, 09:34 PM.

Comment

(joe)

~~~

sally
                  Well there was foot-to-stomach combat in Endgame...does that count?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i don't watch atlantis, but i'd like to ask someone that does a question. i know this is off topic, but it's just popped into my head (again). mckay was not only a jerk to sam, he was willing to let teal'c die in (the ep i can't remember the name of, but teal'c was stuck in the stargate buffer). i guess i think it's weird to make someone cruddy into some kind of hero. i'm not real crazy (understatement) in them doing that with baal either. baal's the most realistic and sexy of the goaulds, but HE TORTURED AND MURDERED JACK OVER AND OVER... and it's been forgotten or something. if the opportunity comes up, i'd like to see sam stand face-to-face with baal... and then her blow his head off. literally.

wow, i'm blood thirsty tonight.

sally
                    The episode were Teal'c is stuck in the Stargate is 48 hours. The next time we see McKay in Redemption he comes back just as arrogant as he was the first time, but by the end of the episode he's not quite as bad. I do watch Atlantis and they have really started developing McKay. To me he is one of those characters that grows on you. I do enjoy the interaction between McKay and Carter.
                    Spoiler:
                    I hope to see more of them interacting when AT is on Atlantis this season

Since we are talking about Carter & McKay how about a Caption This with them.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                      I feel that Sam/AT should be given a full page all by herself. Putting Mitchel/BB beside her makes me cringe as if they are pairing her of again with another guy.
                      AAHH!

Dear Lord, take me home now! The notion alone brings tears to my eyes!

There must be another explanation!!

*They are equals* *No ship involved* *They are equals* *No ship involved* *They are equals* *No ship involved* *They are equals* *No ship involved* *They are equals* *No ship involved* *They are equals* *They are equals* *They are equals*

Ah yes... much better now.

On edit: Here's to lucky Post 888! I'm sure it has some kind of significance...
                      Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 27 June 2005, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Well there was foot-to-stomach combat in Endgame...does that count?
                        i think that does.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          Sam : "What do you mean ? They'll destroy us unless we agree to grow what...lemon trees for them ?"

McKay: "We're doomed !"
                          Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

i think that does.

sally
                            OOOH! And don't forget Anubis!Sam kicking everyone's butt in Lockdown...

...and the Carter/Replicarter showdown in Gemini...and I do believe RC did quite a bit of hand-to-hand in that one with Sam, the SF's, Teal'c...

Need I continue?

I think not.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

(joe)

~~~

sally
                              There was a hand-to-hand combat scene in Desperate Measures... she kicks some "ninjas"asses big time !

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                                Director: Ok... lets do a quick rehearsal on the kissing scene now.
                                AT/DH: Kissing scene?!?!?
                                AT: (thinking) I don't remember reading anything about a kissing scene in this episode.
                                DH: (thinking) Oh. Yeah. Right. Like I haven't read about the black widow curse on the web. Guess that answers my question as to whether or not I'll be making any more guest appearances.

Comment

Working...
                                X