Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    I don't know... Ba'al looks pretty slow on the uptake when it comes to movement. It always takes him like half an hour to move his head and/or show any emotion. Still, you gotta love the dastardly guy!

Hey guys! I'm trying to get to 1000 posts before the Season Premiere! It requires like 7 posts EVERY day! Do you think I can do it?
    As Teal'c would say - Indeed

To help you out how about Caption This

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

Why thank you tsaxlady!

How about...

Sam: GOD, I wish that dancer of spaz chick would stop shouting...

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

*sigh* Why does Teal'c have to sing Jaffa opera so early in the morning?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          I don't know... Ba'al looks pretty slow on the uptake when it comes to movement. It always takes him like half an hour to move his head and/or show any emotion. Still, you gotta love the dastardly guy!

Hey guys! I'm trying to get to 1000 posts before the Season Premiere! It requires like 7 posts EVERY day! Do you think I can do it?
          Sure you can! I'm trying to hit 500 before bedtime tonight. I think we can both do it. Check out some other threads and weigh in on some of their conversations. It will give you more opportunities. Just don't go to any of those "anti" threads and get yourself all in a tizzy!

Comment

Okay as many of you know I'm going to the Stargate Con in Burbank next weekend. So I thought I would give y'all the chance at giving me some questions you would like for me to ask. Just remember that this will be a large con so during the on-stage part I will probably only have the chance to ask 1 or 2 questions. I will be going to the evening event along with the Charity breakfast so I may have a chance to ask a few more questions at these events.

Here is the line-up for the Con
            FRIDAY - Teryl Rothery, Dan Shea, & Peter Williams
            SATURDAY - Joe Flanigan, Don Davis, & Gary Jones
            SUNDAY - Torri Higginson, Michael Shanks, & Christopher Judge
            (I also heard this past weekend at the BSG Con they are finializing plans for another surprise guest but they would not say who it is - my bet is that its Ben Browder)

So FIRE AWAY with your questions - I will have my laptop with me and I'll try and do at least a little reporting everyday with a a more detailed report after I get home.

Comment

[QUOTE=NearlyCircular]I was just checking in between giving exams,(it's the last day of summer school! YAY!) and found another Sam mention in the Joe M. thread

Originally posted by SueS
              1. With all the emotional turmoil Sam has gone through, and with all the chances that she will be confronted with when she returns to the SGC, will there be any sense of her struggling to fit in or trying to cope with the changes?

Joe's answer

One of the reasons Sam took some "time off" was to deal with some of the events of last season. She'll return with a clearer mind, ready to resume her duties.

2. I'm a little concern that a lot of the spoilers I've read seem to have Sam paired off with someone other than a member of the team. In Ex Deus, she's working with Agent Barrett and in 4th Horseman she's working with Dr. Lee. So, is there any significant Sam/Daniel, Sam/Teal'c, or Sam/Mitchell scenes to look forward to?

Joe's answer

There will be.

3. When Sam returns will she still be in the Air Force?

Joe's answer

Check it out. She comes back in Beachhead.

NC
              In case you all do not catch it Mallozzi says when she returns she is "READY TO RESUME HER DUTIES". Personally, I think they say and word all things very deliberatly and I take this to mean she is ready to return to her duties as leader of SG1 since that was her duty when the team was disbanded and if she is to resume her duties that is what she would resume doing. (In Websters Resume means: (1) to take, get or occupy again [as in to resume one's seat]; (2) to take back or take on again; (3) to begin again or go on wth again, after interruption.) The deliberate (and I do think everything they say and do is deliberate, scripted and planned and Mallozzi is particularly good at it which he likely learned through media training) use of the word RESUME bodes well for Carter being in charge, IMO.)

I plan on asking Joe a question about this but I already posted one about the "take some time off" schpeel, which bothers me since, as many of you already know, I think they have already spent waaay too much time on making Carter the emotional girl -- it's time to get off that pot and get back to the real kick-ass, competent Carter, so I have to wait and post a separate question so I stick to the one question rule.
              Last edited by binkpmmc; 28 June 2005, 04:38 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=binkpmmc]
                Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                I was just checking in between giving exams,(it's the last day of summer school! YAY!) and found another Sam mention in the Joe M. thread

In case you all do not catch it Mallozzi says when she returns she is "READY TO RESUME HER DIUTIES". Persoanlly, I think they say and word all things very deliberatly and I take this to mean she is ready to return to her duties as leader of SG1 since that was her duty when the team was disbanded and if she is to resume her duties that is what she would resume doing.

I plan on asking Joe a question about this but I already posted one about the "take some time off" schpeel, which bothers me since, as many of you already know, I think they have already spent waaay too much time on making Carter the emotional girl -- it's time to get off that pot and get back to the real kick-ass, comptetent Carter, so I have to wait and post a separate question so I stick to the one question rule.
                I think there should be a bit of a balance though...because we've been complaining that Sam does not suffer the reprocussions of traumatic events beyond whatever episode the traumatic event has occurred...Heroes being one of many MANY examples along these lines...

She's dealt with her "Jack issues" and as a character, that can only strengthen her because she's not suffocating under the weight of the ship. And I can't imagine them pairing her off with anyone else next season (unless they want a bunch of angry penguins showing up on their doorsteps...) so my hope and belief is that she can and will be the kick butt Carter we want her to be.

And if they're going to have her dealing with consequences of events that affected her, then I say SUPER and it's about time...this too can only make her a stronger character...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

[QUOTE=NearlyCircular]I was just checking in between giving exams,(it's the last day of summer school! YAY!) and found another Sam mention in the Joe M. thread

Originally posted by SueS
                  1. With all the emotional turmoil Sam has gone through, and with all the chances that she will be confronted with when she returns to the SGC, will there be any sense of her struggling to fit in or trying to cope with the changes?

Joe's answer

One of the reasons Sam took some "time off" was to deal with some of the events of last season. She'll return with a clearer mind, ready to resume her duties.

2. I'm a little concern that a lot of the spoilers I've read seem to have Sam paired off with someone other than a member of the team. In Ex Deus, she's working with Agent Barrett and in 4th Horseman she's working with Dr. Lee. So, is there any significant Sam/Daniel, Sam/Teal'c, or Sam/Mitchell scenes to look forward to?

Joe's answer

There will be.

3. When Sam returns will she still be in the Air Force?

Joe's answer

Check it out. She comes back in Beachhead.

NC
                  The last answer truly bugs me. If she's still in the Air Force, why not just say so? Why make folks worry that she's no longer Colonel Carter? If she's *not* in the Air Force any more, however, perhaps they see that as something that they want to 'surprise' everyone with.

Comment

[QUOTE=astrogeologist]
                    I was just checking in between giving exams,(it's the last day of summer school! YAY!) and found another Sam mention in the Joe M. thread

The last answer truly bugs me. If she's still in the Air Force, why not just say so? Why make folks worry that she's no longer Colonel Carter? If she's *not* in the Air Force any more, however, perhaps they see that as something that they want to 'surprise' everyone with.
                    What if.....and I'm just saying what if here......
                    Spoiler:
                    she's left the military to become head of scientific research at Area 51.....or she has simply been put in charge at Area 51? Wouldn't that be a better job, which would open up new options for her character in terms of access to resources?

It would also.....and don't shoot me here......give TPTB a way to put BB in charge without it being an insult to Sam. If Sam went on to something bigger and better, how could we resent BB (Just channeling TPTB, not stating an opinion!)? After all, he wouldn't have TAKEN something to which SHE WAS ENTITLED. He would have been GIVEN something she had left LEFT BEHIND.

Of course, it also means they still have to call her back into service, because they can't handle the new threats/challenges without her. That's a pretty big compliment in and of itself.....and would allow TPTB to wrap everything up in a neat little package.

And, if you are a S/J shipper, there are two other points to consider:

Spoiler:
                    1. This change would get her further from Jack's control (i.e., chain of command), and allow them to be together.

2. Remember what Jacob said in Grace and Threads: "You joined the Air Force because of me, Sam. Don't let the rules stand in the way of you being happy." Think how many of those words from Grace were repeated in Threads, and how many have come true.

Oma-1 and I were just musing on these possibilities, based on a JM Q & A she posted on the S/J Ship Family Thread earlier today.

Now that I've mused in these new directions, I'm trying to decide how I feel about them. As a S/J shipper,
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm giddy with the possibilities.

As a proud member of the SAGC Thread, and a Sam fan in general, I'm
                    Spoiler:
                    still weighing the impact of the change, and what it all means for Sam.

What are your reactions?

Comment

I just went to Gatecon's site looking to see what new additions they have to there line-up and they have posted a new announcement:

AMANDA UNABLE TO ATTEND GATECON

Due to work commitments, Amanda Tapping will be unable to make an appearance at Gatecon 2005

Comment

[QUOTE=binkpmmc]

In case you all do not catch it Mallozzi says when she returns she is "READY TO RESUME HER DUTIES". Personally, I think they say and word all things very deliberatly and I take this to mean she is ready to return to her duties as leader of SG1 since that was her duty when the team was disbanded and if she is to resume her duties that is what she would resume doing. (In Websters Resume means: (1) to take, get or occupy again [as in to resume one's seat]; (2) to take back or take on again; (3) to begin again or go on wth again, after interruption.) The deliberate (and I do think everything they say and do is deliberate, scripted and planned and Mallozzi is particularly good at it which he likely learned through media training) use of the word RESUME bodes well for Carter being in charge, IMO.)
                        I like your interpretation. Someone somewhere today [I've been checking in everytime I have to go on line--someone stop me!] commented that Mitchell wouldn't call her Sam if they're both military. But I think he would if they're the same rank. I'd hate to see her out of the military.
                        I plan on asking Joe a question about this but I already posted one about the "take some time off" schpeel, which bothers me since, as many of you already know, I think they have already spent waaay too much time on making Carter the emotional girl -- it's time to get off that pot and get back to the real kick-ass, competent Carter, so I have to wait and post a separate question so I stick to the one question rule.
                        This is one of the reasons I asked him about Sam getting in some hand to hand fighting. I like that she can handle everything from a complex equation on quantum theory to taking down the bad guy with well placed punches & kicks. I doubt JM will give us more info than he has already though.

Comment

and i'm trying to hit 4100 by the end of the night

we can all do it

we're samandans, we can do anything!!
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            and i'm trying to hit 4100 by the end of the night

we can all do it

we're samandans, we can do anything!!
                            Well I'll do my best (although I'm thinkin' you meant 4,200 )...by posting THIS, my 1,400th post...Here on Samanda!!!

Long live Samanda!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hooray, Uber! Congratulations on 1400 posts!

And Skydiver, I think you can easily hit 4200 before bedtime!

Comment

i have one more to go and fanatin, you only have four

it's a milestone night in samanda
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X