Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aleca
    Very nice said I can only agree. When I met Amanda, I was like WOW! she must be an angel. She told me not to be nervous, which was ...well...impossible. We talked a while and hugged *sigh* tehee. I hope I can see her again this year. *crosses fingers* I have to show her stuff I wrote, I know she'll love it. It's really amazing how she makes you feel very special, that moment when you talk to her. Like nothing else exists and that's just the greatest thing for me. She's taking her time to talk to everyone and she hugs everyone
    I've never had the privilege of meeting Amanda-but from all I've read and seen she is a high class lady. Her comments about RDA, now that he's left the show, have been positive. Something we really can't say for his other two regular stars. I knew she would take the high road, and I'm not entirely sure she's as fond of him as everyone thinks. I can't image her being more lovely in person, cause on screen she's perfect. Her beauty seems to be both inside and out. I love this thread-keep it up!

Comment

Just don't drool on our Queen!

Comment

hey guys, you're more than welcome over at the 'sam's a great character' thread. we do talk about amanda there, we just don't make it our sole topic simply because we do try to respect the actors' privacy here on gateworld, and a thread devoted to an actor, even if it's all positive, can sometimes go too far.

I don't want to be draconian and close this thread, but i do want to say that you guys are more than welcome to join us over in Samanda (that's what we call our little kingdom - Sam-amanda ) and share your memories, appreciation and feelings about the great actress and the character she portrays.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Good morning Saaaaaaamanda!!!!!! Whoops, make that afternoon.

Kat, as always, your pics are fantastic, this one is a beaut! And yes, it would make a great wallpaper and you should be in charge of merchandising, as the merchandising to date, is, well, I'll be nice, mediocre? Male oriented? Crass (at times)?

OK, moving along. 1s4S, you've been slobbering on our queen??? Quick, have him checked for Mad Cow disease, he's been traveling! (just kidding, I really meant Hoof and Mouth disease).

sg-1fantnin, thanks for the summer flower bouquet, they certainly brighten the place up. I think we should all make it a habit of bringing in flowers, not only are they beautiful but the aroma makes it seem more like home.

Sally, wow, great pics! Sam's smile is one in a million, and those pics really show off her smile and her laugh!

Great stuff this AM, thanks, I needed a smile. I'm not going to go into the trials and tribulations of Atteria, boring for you and me. Life just seems to have me on it's hit list this past few months.....anyone have a in, I'd like my name removed please.

I have yet another appointment, so I have to duck out for a bit. I just wanted to say hi to everyone and thank everyone for their congrats on post 500! Have a great morning, afternoon or evening.....and as Arnold says, "Ill be back".

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria

Kat, as always, your pics are fantastic, this one is a beaut! And yes, it would make a great wallpaper and you should be in charge of merchandising, as the merchandising to date, is, well, I'll be nice, mediocre? Male oriented? Crass (at times)?

OK, moving along. 1s4S, you've been slobbering on our queen??? Quick, have him checked for Mad Cow disease, he's been traveling! (just kidding, I really meant Hoof and Mouth disease).

sg-1fantnin, thanks for the summer flower bouquet, they certainly brighten the place up. I think we should all make it a habit of bringing in flowers, not only are they beautiful but the aroma makes it seem more like home.

Sally, wow, great pics! Sam's smile is one in a million, and those pics really show off her smile and her laugh!

Great stuff this AM, thanks, I needed a smile. I'm not going to go into the trials and tribulations of Atteria, boring for you and me. Life just seems to have me on it's hit list this past few months.....anyone have a in, I'd like my name removed please.

I have yet another appointment, so I have to duck out for a bit. I just wanted to say hi to everyone and thank everyone for their congrats on post 500! Have a great morning, afternoon or evening.....and as Arnold says, "Ill be back".
            For those of you who thought it would make a nice wall...
            Amanda Wall

I'm glad you liked it.
            Kat

Edit: I'm not sure if it's the correct dimensions though... it looks weird on my computer, but I think it may be my widescreen monitor. Oh well.

Comment

I know I promised you all a barbeque, and I'm working on it for the July 4th holiday weekend (we American's love our fireworks and picnics), so I thought I'd bake a cake (heavy on the marzipan) to get you in the mood. This IS a cake, so please use a knife and fork and remember, dinner (or lunch) first!

And as always, NO calories or fat.....

Compliments of your Royal Baker
              Don't forget that great "American" 4th of July tradition from my neck of the woods--Bratwurst.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                Don't forget that great "American" 4th of July tradition from my neck of the woods--Bratwurst.
                You got it, Bratwurst. I'm busy in the Royal kitchen right now, trying to get a feast together.

I was thinking, purely speculation.....BUT, if Sam should need a "special" cake, sometime in the near future, I was thinking perhaps we could vote on what type it should, that is, traditional, unusual, flowery, etc. How about I post a selection and you can decide on the "special" cake you think our beautiful queen might like. As always, your wish is my command.....

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  For those of you who thought it would make a nice wall...
                  Amanda Wall

I'm glad you liked it.
                  Kat

Edit: I'm not sure if it's the correct dimensions though... it looks weird on my computer, but I think it may be my widescreen monitor. Oh well.
                  Kat, it looks great on my monitor. Many thanks!

Hugs,
                  Strix

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    i want to post (but NOT take credit for) some pics that an s/j shipper posted on the shipper thread. amanda's really cute in them (when isn't she )

link to original post: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=5560
                    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...e/jacksam3.jpg
                    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...e/jacksam4.jpg

i wonder what rda said to amanda to make her laugh so?

sally
                    Great pics, Sally! Thanks for posting them here for us!
                    Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Here's a new collage for your viewing pleasure.

Amanda

Hope you like,
                    Kat

A big thank you goes out to Myrth for all the wonderful photos of Amanda she shared with us.
                    Simply beautiful, Kat!
                    Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    For some reason (new "phone" spoilers? upcoming U. S. holiday weekend?), I'm in a particularly good mood today, and wanted to pop in quickly to send some happy wishes to my fellow Samandans. Enjoy the lovely blooms! I'll be back after work!

Beautiful flowers, sg-1fanintn!

Comment

I took time off from baking and cooking to thank you Kat. I now have Sam on my desktop and she looks great. Thank you sooooooo much!

Comment

I'm back !

Sorry for not posting a lot this past days, but real life has been hard with me.
                        Before I catch with all the posts I missed these past days, I wanted to share this with you :

"SG-1's newest member, Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell (Ben Browder), arrives on his first day to find that Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping), Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks), and Teal'c (Christopher Judge) have all taken on new assignments. With no one available to lead SG-1, General Hank Landry (Beau Bridges), the new head of Stargate Command, appoints a stunned Mitchell to the position."

That's from the latest spoilers about Avalon part I published on Gateworld.

I don't know what you think, but the first thing I saw was that Mitchell, is SG1's new member and not SG1's new commanding officer.

Good news for all Samandans !!!!

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

So then, where can I get hold of some of this mediocre, male-oriented, crass merchandising?

Whoops, sorry, another brief attack of Foot In Mouth Disease there. Think it must be this unusually warm weather we're having that's making me a bit frisky. I've no doubt the Royal Accountant will take great delight in providing a suitably cold shower before our next Stargate viewing session on Saturday.

And thanks to sg-1fanintn for the lovely flowers, unfortunately they've set my hay-fever off again - if anyone sees tsaxlady, could you ask her to let me have the tissues back please? Ta very much.

But at least I can still make out the delightful features and vibrant expressions of our Queen through my streaming eyes. Great pics Kat and Sally!!!

And finally, before I go and find a cool, dark room to hide away in, good luck Atteria, hope all goes well.

1s4S

Comment

I'm so very happy you all seem to possess great sense's of humor, because you're going to need them. Below, please peruse, at your convenience, the 6 "special" occasion cakes and pick which one you think would be best for Sam and, er, um, you know who. I want to be prepared, should the time come when we need it. I hestitate to call it the Pick the Wedding Cake Contest, as it might jinx the deal, so how about the Great Cake Pick?

Have fun and if you don't like any, let me know. I'm not sure how it would be best to cast votes, so I'm open to suggestions.

1. Traditional
                            2. Fantasy
                            3. Flowery
                            4. Art Deco
                            5. Unusual
                            6. Totally Whacked Out!

Comment

i go for 3, cause it'd be a small special occasion. i see a guest less of less than 50, possibly as small as 30

neither of them have the time to plan something large and ostentatous. small and intimate is the way to go
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

General Spoilers S9
                                Originally posted by Lys
                                I'm back !

Sorry for not posting a lot this past days, but real life has been hard with me.
                                Before I catch with all the posts I missed these past days, I wanted to share this with you :

"SG-1's newest member, Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell (Ben Browder), arrives on his first day to find that Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping), Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks), and Teal'c (Christopher Judge) have all taken on new assignments. With no one available to lead SG-1, General Hank Landry (Beau Bridges), the new head of Stargate Command, appoints a stunned Mitchell to the position."

That's from the latest spoilers about Avalon part I published on Gateworld.

I don't know what you think, but the first thing I saw was that Mitchell, is SG1's new member and not SG1's new commanding officer.

Good news for all Samandans !!!!

Welcome back!

My comments on your spoilers...
                                Spoiler:
                                Well, how can he be the newest member of SG-1 if NO ONE is on the team!! Right?? The REAL SG-1 has gone their separate ways! Of course Mitchell would be picked to lead the team because none of the ORIGINAL team members are around. And Landry isn't going to put a civilian in charge of the premiere military team. I find it hard to believe Mitchell would be stunned since he is a Lt.Col and a war hero. We will just see what happens when Lt.Col. Samantha Carter returns!

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X