Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Thanks, alta, for pointing out AT's new post on her web site. So cool that she takes the time to send periodic messages. And how cool is it that she got birthday greetings from around the world.
    I just spent the past 45 minutes watching the audio-clips and photos that Kamil compiled for Amanda's Birthday and, believe me, it is very touching. If you can download the project and have the time, check it out. There were fellow Samandans - SunKrux, Sky, chelle, JanSam, Annelies (SamJackShipper?), MegYn, Tracey Jane - and so so many other fans who spoke from the heart.

We have loved Sam Carter as a Great Character here on this thread for a couple years now and this birthday gift just reflects back to Amanda how she has affected all of us, young and old. A great tribute to her kindness and approachability.

Kudos to Kamil, her Webmaster, for surprising her like that!

Seriously, watch it if you can! Some lovely, lovely sentiments.

Hope all Samandans are playing nicely in the sandbox. I finally got to see Search and Rescue and, of course, was wanting so much more in the final scene. Amanda came to a fork in the road, professionally, and I think she chose the right path.

Onward and upward with Sanctuary!! Woot!

Hugs to you all! CG (er, I'm the one with the accordion)

Comment

*Jsut passing by*

Originally posted by suse View Post
      The gymnastics and swimming is for Olivia. Glad she has a bit of time to do that.

suse
      really, but how, she's only 3? Do her and amanda go to the same gym and swim class or someting?

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
        I just spent the past 45 minutes watching the audio-clips and photos that Kamil compiled for Amanda's Birthday and, believe me, it is very touching. If you can download the project and have the time, check it out. There were fellow Samandans - SunKrux, Sky, chelle, JanSam, Annelies (SamJackShipper?), MegYn, Tracey Jane - and so so many other fans who spoke from the heart.

We have loved Sam Carter as a Great Character here on this thread for a couple years now and this birthday gift just reflects back to Amanda how she has affected all of us, young and old. A great tribute to her kindness and approachability.

Kudos to Kamil, her Webmaster, for surprising her like that!

Seriously, watch it if you can! Some lovely, lovely sentiments.

Hope all Samandans are playing nicely in the sandbox. I finally got to see Search and Rescue and, of course, was wanting so much more in the final scene. Amanda came to a fork in the road, professionally, and I think she chose the right path.

Onward and upward with Sanctuary!! Woot!

Hugs to you all! CG (er, I'm the one with the accordion)
        And don't forget me .

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          And don't forget me .
          Oh my goodness - so sorry Rocky! I couldn't remember everyone.

Amanda is such a softy that I bet she went through an entire box of tissues watching it! Fans were so open and expressive as if they were talking on the phone to her. Very sweet.

Having watched a grandchild or two, yes, three-year olds do take gymnastics and swimming lessons! Mommy or Daddy is usually in the pool with the tyke. It's nice that Amanda is now coming in to some downtime to enjoy Olivia's new activities.

Comment

The gymnastics and swimming is for Olivia. Glad she has a bit of time to do that.

suse
            Like she said "bouncy 3 year olds in leotards".

When I read the last sentence I thought, "hmmmm, weren't we just talking about how modest she is". Once again, she is befuddled by the attention she receives.

***wishing I had remembered to record or send a message***
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Kickoutwoolsey View Post
              *Jsut passing by*

really, but how, she's only 3? Do her and amanda go to the same gym and swim class or someting?
              Amanda probably took her and watched - like any other mother.

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Amanda is such a softy that I bet she went through an entire box of tissues watching it! Fans were so open and expressive as if they were talking on the phone to her. Very sweet.
                I agree, Amanda said it herself she cries a lot when she meets fans , and I know how much she cried when AT3 ended (I saw pics ), I'm wouldn't be suprised if she did go through quite a few tissues.

Having watched a grandchild or two, yes, three-year olds do take gymnastics and swimming lessons! Mommy or Daddy is usually in the pool with the tyke. It's nice that Amanda is now coming in to some downtime to enjoy Olivia's new activities.
                Thanks, but I didn't say or ask anything about Olivia, that Woolsey guy did. Or are you answering him and not me ? Anyway, I'm glad to hear Amanda now has a bit of free time now for those things .
                Last edited by Rocky89; 16 September 2008, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Amanda probably took her and watched - like any other mother.

suse
                  Oh, and yeah, like any good mother. .

Comment

I........ don't get that either .
                    Sun said that she would return to her family. I was telling you that you needed a "no returns" policy on your dreams. *nods*

And don't forget me .
                    And me!

Meh...we forgive you. *giggle*
                    Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                      Sun said that she would return to her family. I was telling you that you needed a "no returns" policy on your dreams. *nods*
                      Oh .

And me!
                      Oh I didn't forget, I loved what you had to say .

Meh...we forgive you. *giggle*
                      Yes we do . It's all good .

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                        Awesome, now we can all giggle about each other's dorky voices.

I'll download it later and watch it.
                        Hey! whose voice are you calling Dorky.....yeah ok, My voice is dorky

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        CONGRATS!!!!

P.S. That said it pretty well I think.
                        Thanks

Contrats on 5000 posts . As for the bolded parts, well said

PS: Wait until you see what I have planned for my 1000th post, then we'll see who loves who more .
                        What bold parts???? Did I say nothing well....*Goes to a corner to cry*
                        Yeah.....well.....I was just so overwelmed with Amanda's Amazingness, I was speachless

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        Hey Everyone,

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Hehe, that's our Amanda.

Congrats!! *licks*

*Nods* yeah, come on Joe.

Oooh thanks *goes to look*

Awww Jenni *hugs tight.*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        YAY I got licked.....wanna know something funny. I've just watched/listened to my thing on Amanda's birthday message (I'll talk bout that later) so Im kinda....whats the word....buzzy...I think....anyway im acting weird and I saw that I got licked and on the top of my voice yelled out "Yay I just got Licked" and instantly regreted it, I didnt realise how loud i said it till after and now I'm going "what will the nabours be thinking now"

Fine, you take the jacket, I'll take Amanda. *Grabs Amanda, and heads for the gate*.....
                        HAHAHA good one....however not ganna happen....*steps infront of rocky* "Put Amanda Down now Rocky" and wispers to Amanda "dont worry Ill take him staight to the mental hospital"

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                        *laughs as Amanda breaks free and runs back to her family
                        Joins the laughing

Ha, I was taking Amanda back to her family anyway, so now I'm the hero.

: My hero.
                        Laughs even harder

And don't forget me .
                        And Me

OK so I watch/listened to Amanda's Birthday greetings (havent finished yet) and as I was going through I going "Hey its ______ (insert name here), Hi _____ Insert name here", yes I was talking to my computer....what????....thats normal isnt it????....anywho back on to what I was saying, I was listening and suddenly mine comes on and thats when it his me, Im sitting there going "Oh my gosh Amanda actually listened to this....what was I thinking....Oh its all wrong..." so on so forth and I started to get really embarased that Amanda had listened to this (horried) thing I had recorded, which was so wrong and so on and so on and...., and My whole face went bright red....I kid you not, I was so embarrased that I actually went red....you know It took me so many times to get that, I savd 12 recordings and made over 40 recordings which I instantly threw out and I still wasnt happy with the finnished recording......what??? I'm a perfectionist.....anywho thats just my 5 cents...now to go change my sig....Hey rocky its ganna be your one
                        sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

AT's message made me smile, she truly has awesome fans *g* hehe...I remember being one of those clumsy three year olds in a leotard ('tumbling tots' woo) and in the swimming pool. Gymnastics was so much fun back then...actually anything involving parachutes and/or crashmats is fun.

and I will listen to everybodies recordings at *some* point...gabby lot
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                            Hey guys. Just dropping in to share...my new little baby, a kitten I got from a shelter on Saturday...had to be put down today due to pneumonia and Panleukopenia. I had her for 24 hours before I had to take her to the emergency vet.

Her name was Abby Jane, my little "abnormal"...and she meant so very much to me as she was supposed to help fill a void left by my cat Jax, who disappeared after nearly 11 years.

I'm trying to find AT things that will cheer me up, but it's so very difficult. She was such a lovable little girl.

I named her Abby Jane due to Sanctuary, and a nod to Amanda. She'd get that reference.

Any Amanda vids or photos you think might help stop these tears would be very much appreciated.

Spoiler:
                            http://www.boomspeed.com/lilferret/RIPAbbyJane.jpg
                            I CANT GREEN YOU!! I'm sorry to hear of Abby's passing. I was crossing fingers and toes for you and her that all would go well. When your last lj post stated that she had eaten a bit of wet food at the vet the other day, I was seriously hopeful she would pull through. (((LilFerret)))

And yes, there's classes out there for just about any age if you have the money for it. I remember working at a daycare and seeing adverts for "mommy and me classes" where the kids would be barely a year old! The classes basically involved all the 'mommies' sitting in a circle with their tots and doing these little exercises and stuff with them. It was basically just a way for the 'mommy' to get out of the house I think and interact with other 'grown ups' for a change. They even have infant massage classes if you can believe it!

Oh and I was one of those bouncy 3 yr olds as well. I took dance and gymnastics as soon as I was allowed. With three brothers, it was a stretch for them to have another child in a class of some sort. I have recital pics of myself though that I'll never, ever share with anyone! My last gf begged for a peek, but alas it was the one thing I was stonewalled with her about.

Comment

NC

Comment

*Falcon dials earth, but doesn't know Rocky has modified the DHD to send him to the Wraith homeworld instead*
                                Spoiler:

I don't feel good...

Comment

Working...
                                X