Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
    While it would help, that's what the typical Hollywood...ian does. It's just not how she rolls.
    Very true.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    Tis why she has left her luddite roots behind and embraced technology. She NEEDS a device to keep track of her schedule. I wonder if she's had a moment yet where she woke up and couldn't remember what city she was in.
    Hehe, no, that's Lindsy Lohan.
    ROTFLMAO
    Jenni

Comment

[quote=rderoch;8931957]
      Originally posted by Edb View Post
      She is nothing if not modest. Just one of the reasons why we all love her so much. Beautiful, talented, etc., but still has all the insecurities and doubts that we all do. She's never looked at herself as anything but a very lucky woman. Doesn't seem to realize it's more talent than luck in her case. That's our Amanda.
      Wow. I just read that but, and I honestly and sincerely mean this, that until I got to the end I thought you were talking about Sam. Maybe it's because both character and actress have all those things in common.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

[QUOTE=Alan;8932760]
        Wow. I just read that but and I honestly and sincerely mean this when I say that until I got to the end I thought you were talking about Sam.
        Well, it does apply to her to a certain extent imo. Especially in the later years when it's like, 20/80 Amanda/Sam.

Comment

While it would help, that's what the typical Hollywood...ian does. It's just not how she rolls.
          well, that might be, but i'd rather amanda not wear herself out and get someone to do some of the stuff to pull the load off her.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            i hope amanda gets an assistant.

(((amanda)))

sally
            volunteers
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
              Sky quit unless your going to be writing some more fic soon (hint, hint) You can't just leave your fans wanting more can ya???
              what more is there???

seriously, i wish i had time to write right now.l I started a monster fic a couple of months ago, but right now real life is so nuts that i just don't have time to write except on the weekends

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                volunteers
                I've always wanted to move to Canada (to avoid being drafted ).

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  I love the contrast between kick butt Sam v. Amanda's commentary on how she was Stargate Barbie because she had problems reloading her gun.
                  Wasn't this the episode where she had the clip explode on her and bullets started spraying everywhere? I remember reading that somewhere and that after it happened she wanted to start just throwing the bullets at the Jaffa. Hee

Tis why she has left her luddite roots behind and embraced technology. She NEEDS a device to keep track of her schedule. I wonder if she's had a moment yet where she woke up and couldn't remember what city she was in.
                  I've had that happen to me before, during a 5 countries in 10 days European tour I did a few years ago. I woke up in Zurich but thought I was still in Geneva until I got to the train station to go to Munich.

sigpic

Comment

i think she was having trouble 'reloading'...the clip wouldn't go in right and the gun jammed. and she's trying to fix it and goes 'i'm stargate barbie and we're all gonna die!!!' cause she knew teh take was busted

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      i think she was having trouble 'reloading'...the clip wouldn't go in right and the gun jammed. and she's trying to fix it and goes 'i'm stargate barbie and we're all gonna die!!!' cause she knew teh take was busted
                      Dear lord, PLEASE tell me this is in the extras for what ever episode/season this happened.

Comment

i think it's in a behind the scenes thing somewhere, cause i know i've seen it

sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen it........heard it was only on the UK DVDs with Avenger.
                          sigpic

Comment

Dear lord, PLEASE tell me this is in the extras for what ever episode/season this happened.
                            Avenger 2.0 Not sure if that take was used in the BTS, but they talked about it.

The Carter Special, a gun they had to build cobble because the blanks were going to the military ((made into real bullets) for tr was in Iraq.

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

yeah, 9mil bullets were in short supply, so the munitions couldn't make blanks, so they made sam a new gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                                I haven't seen it........heard it was only on the UK DVDs with Avenger.
                                It is on the region 2 dvd's indeed. I know cause i have it on my dvd box of season 7... It is hilarious.

I am not sure about the other regions though... If you youtube it, you might be able to see it though. I know at one point or another it was on there... I think a Samandan uploaded it once. But I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X