Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
    Um, I'm a little bit lost. Who here is related in any way shape or form? I know Tracy and Ames are together, but I've been wondering if Oober and NZNeep are sisters or cousins or something. I didn't know Suse was in there too. Where have you and Mandy been playing?
    Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Nope, we aren't related, we are just good friends who have met on this thread

and we have been having fun on the Gabit thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...14012&page=373
    I claim Suse. She and I met at Shore Leave many, many moons ago. She's the bestest best friend this gal could ever wish for. Now if we only lived in the same region. (At least we're in the same state.)

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    We aren't related, in fact we are in different hemispheres and just met on the board We just like to tease. Now, Spacegirlnz who sometimes posts here is one of my best friends in real life. And my twin sister is only up to season 2 of SG-1 so if I catch her lurking I will hit her with a big anti-spoiler stick

ETA: but it's a good idea. I think I will replace my own twin with Ooober. Does anyone else want to be my sibling?
    Neep, you can't have Oooooober. She never did anything to you. Did she?

Bekah, once you've been around for a while, you'll naturally start teasing folks like the rest of us. Like real life, they're are some people you'll naturally gravitate toward, folks who share your interests or whom you admire or whom you can't help debating. Then there are people you'll actually run away from, like Neep because she slobbers all over you when she licks you. (Resurgamlaura and Antoa are much better lickers.) You'll figure most of it out soon. Some of it you don't want to even know because it's just too scary.

Seriously, I'm going to AT3. It will be fun to see Amanda, but I'm really going to meet all these cool online folks I've been communicating with for the last couple of years.
    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
      I claim Suse. She and I met at Shore Leave many, many moons ago. She's the bestest best friend this gal could ever wish for. Now if we only lived in the same region. (At least we're in the same state.)

Neep, you can't have Oooooober. She never did anything to you. Did she?

Bekah, once you've been around for a while, you'll naturally start teasing folks like the rest of us. Like real life, they're are some people you'll naturally gravitate toward, folks who share your interests or whom you admire or whom you can't help debating. Then there are people you'll actually run away from, like Neep because she slobbers all over you when she licks you. (Resurgamlaura and Antoa are much better lickers.) You'll figure most of it out soon. Some of it you don't want to even know because it's just too scary.

Seriously, I'm going to AT3. It will be fun to see Amanda, but I'm really going to meet all these cool online folks I've been communicating with for the last couple of years.
      oh, okay. thanks for clearing that up (i think) *runs and grabs a tea towel just in case*
      sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
      Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

.....Seriously, I'm going to AT3. It will be fun to see Amanda, but I'm really going to meet all these cool online folks I've been communicating with for the last couple of years.
        It sounds like fun. I wish I could go

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
          D'oh!!?!!?!?!

You hussy, you
          Guilty as charged As least you say with a sarky smilie. Some people apparently would think that's the equivalent of...I don't know what, the way they carry on. Sheesh

Have I ever licked anyone here? Have I been somehow coerced into something illicit without realising it? One of you secretly spiked my drink with Samanda Drinks Cabinet rum, didn't you? You know what dark rum does to a girl like me! Shame on you!

And I'm insisting that I get to poke you and possibly other folks whilst you're around for AT3. I'm not attending (uni, money...the usual sob story) but I would like to say hi if possible. Oh, and if I say that I'd like to take any people who arrive early on a fun trip for a couple of hours, I'll probably mean my idea of fun as a Classicist- which is the British Museum. So, you'd all best stay clear of me entirely, then
          sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
            And I'm insisting that I get to poke you and possibly other folks whilst you're around for AT3. I'm not attending (uni, money...the usual sob story) but I would like to say hi if possible. Oh, and if I say that I'd like to take any people who arrive early on a fun trip for a couple of hours, I'll probably mean my idea of fun as a Classicist- which is the British Museum. So, you'd all best stay clear of me entirely, then

Poking is OK. Licking is OK.

But NO FLIRTING......

....unless, of course, it is someone who is cute...or funny.....or rich.......or is flirting back.....or is buying you drinks...or........

Hmmmmm. I think I need to go out tonight

Comment

Poking is OK. Licking is OK.

But NO FLIRTING......

....unless, of course, it is someone who is cute...or funny.....or rich.......or is flirting back.....or is buying you drinks...or........

Hmmmmm. I think I need to go out tonight
              You only ever really seem to get one of those listed traits in a person you meet, it seems. Maybe two. Personally my friend and I are still looking for rich banker type to fund our trips to Camden, which mostly at the moment involve window-shopping (those places that have windows, at least). 300+ quid for a bespoke corset doesn't just appear out of thin air. Sadly the banker appearing also doesn't seem likely
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                Guilty as charged As least you say with a sarky smilie. Some people apparently would think that's the equivalent of...I don't know what, the way they carry on. Sheesh

Have I ever licked anyone here? Have I been somehow coerced into something illicit without realising it? One of you secretly spiked my drink with Samanda Drinks Cabinet rum, didn't you? You know what dark rum does to a girl like me! Shame on you!

Virtual licking is a sign of affection or approbation. It's not a bad thing until Neep starts slobbering.

As far as the British Museum is concerned, it's near the top of the "I have to do that" list. The Tate, nah. All that art, no big deal. The British Museum and the British Library? I am so there.

Nobody said you can't come socialize in the lobby with the congoers in the hotel lobby, right? The more, the merrier.

Suse and I were having a sappy conversation last night about how Amanda fans aren't your typical fans. We weren't talking about licking; we were talking about how cool it's going to be to meet folks. That's why we've been planning this for almost two years.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Virtual licking is a sign of affection or approbation. It's not a bad thing until Neep starts slobbering.

*snip*
                  Neep doesn't slobber that much Her sister on the other hand... she likes licking faces. Very strange, but very amusing when it's not you she's licking
                  sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                  "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                  My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                    Neep doesn't slobber that much Her sister on the other hand... she likes licking faces. Very strange, but very amusing when it's not you she's licking
                    Do I dare ask where Neep licks?

Comment

As far as the British Museum is concerned, it's near the top of the "I have to do that" list. The Tate, nah. All that art, no big deal. The British Museum and the British Library? I am so there.

Nobody said you can't come socialize in the lobby with the congoers in the hotel lobby, right? The more, the merrier.

Suse and I were having a sappy conversation last night about how Amanda fans aren't your typical fans. We weren't talking about licking; we were talking about how cool it's going to be to meet folks. That's why we've been planning this for almost two years.
                      Oh, Neep. You just can't trust her to behave

I'd be happy to pop along and say hi if I can The BM is in my back yard so to speak, as its about five minutes from my university. I quite often pop in, and more often use it as shortcut to get to Waterloo If you'd like me to take you around and give you a little bit of background info on the Greek and Roman stuff (although this would be general, as opposed to classical art-specific, as that's not my area) than I'd be happy to. Unfortunately this will involve lots of me bouncing around talking about Athenian society, Homer, sex-obsessed Roman emperors, and Classical reception and squeeing over pretty sculptures from various cultures

It does sound like you'll have an awesome time, and I really hope it is for you guys
                      sigpic

Comment

And btw- scifi, in response to your comment in the bit of green you so kindly gave me...actually, I already do And that's ownership of that article of clothing in the plural. I got carried away December/January and picked up two. One of them can be customised
                        sigpic

Comment

I am not biologically related to anyone here BUT I did adopt TJ as my lil' Sis cause she's so dang cool and twisted like me!
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Then there are people you'll actually run away from, like Neep because she slobbers all over you when she licks you. (Resurgamlaura and Antoa are much better lickers.)
                            It's the tongue ring.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                              It's the tongue ring.
                              I was considering asking whether that's because you have one of the 'special' tongue rings you can buy, but reconsidered as that's testing the PG-boundary a bit and also because that would probably confirm me as a thread hussy, to go along with all my other strange, TMI posts today
                              sigpic

Comment

Do I dare ask where Neep licks?
                                Umm... No.
                                Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                                It's the tongue ring.
                                You have your tongue pierced? Awesome! I wanna get mine done (once I have the money and once I've got a tattoo) but Carmel, the mother who I babysit for, would KILL me! She has a thing about teeth and she keeps saying "it'll ruin your teeth, and you'll regret it in the long run". I also said I considered getting my eye brow and lip pierced. She didn't like the sound of either of those. She doesn't mind tattoos though... which is odd.

Do you guys think Sam would be the kind of person to get a tattoo? I reckon it'd be cool if Sam, Jack Daniel and T all had little SG-1 tattoos somewhere.
                                sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                                "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                                My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X