Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
    I won't get my tongue pierced coz it makes you talk funny...I've yet to meet someone who's speech isn't affected in some way due to a tongue piercing!
    As for tattoos...a friend of ours let his teenage daughter get a tattoo but said no to piercings...thing is, with a piercing, when you grow up and change your mind, all you do is remove the piercing...with a tatt...it's there for life!!...weird!!
    I speak just fine. The same as I did before getting the bar of metal through my tongue. *shrugs* The only time I spoke any differently was right after I got it done, before the swelling went down. It was also a bit difficult to roll my tongue for a while, but I relearned that.

I have 2 tats too, but they are on my back and the back of my neck, so I tend to forget that they're there.

Comment

I'll leave all that stuff up to y'all.

Although I do have somewhat of an 'unintentional' tatoo. Ended up getting marked with permanent ink while working on a hog farm. Have parts of the number '389' embedded on my hand. OUCH! Good thing my name isn't 'Grace'!

I have enough natural aches and pains, I don't need to go intentionally inflicting more on myself

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
        I agree Keller is unfairly criticized after Trio. I am amazed ... I know I shouldn't because I have seen Sam get the same label over the years despite only having one on screen romance. While the others had several.

As Far as the scene that was cut. I know I am going to get in trouble for this one... So I will put a disclaimer on it now. I will also note that 80-85% of the fic I read is Jack/Sam fic. So I do consider myself a shipper. However, others don't and that's OK too. I do wish the scene was in there, because that is all I expect from the writers a comment here or there about it. That is vague enough that the non or anti shippers can have selective hearing

My thoughts on what this might mean for the future episodes or how they will write Sam out in S5. Will her involvement with the "man in Washington" be how she is written out of S5? I doubt it. In fact I am hoping it is not the reason. *dodges the rotten tomatoes* There are a number of ways to write her out as commander that would do the character justice. One of the things I like about Jack and Sam they have always put their career first. Sam thought about giving up her career as 2IC of SG-1 in Grace, but she ultimately decided not too. So I can't see her giving up her career now when the stakes are much higher as commander of Atlantis. She has been through to much. I also doubt Jack would ever approve of her giving up a command just so they could pursue a relationship.

There are a number of ways to write Sam out as leader of Atlantis and do the character justice. And if the added bonus is that she gets to see a certain someone in Washington all the better!!

The writers do not write romantic relationships well. When they try it they usually make one or both characters look bad in the process. I don't want that, because I have always liked Jack and Sam as their own separate strong characters. I think quit a few fic writers get the complex combination right. However, the writers for the show have not. For that reason I hope they do make a hint or a comment but really they just leave it up to the fic writers. I'm holding out hope for the comment to be in the 2nd movie. And Sam gets written out of S5 in a way that does justice to the character.
        You know even being a non-shipper, I can't help but think it's about time the writers resolve the issue, whether it be ship or not. I don't think it's fair to my ship buddies (and all other shippers ) that this keeps going without saying something. The series is over, what's the harm of letting everyone know?

*This ends your Polar Bear up-date*
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i'm writing a new sam/janet friendship fic, and i really miss janet now. *sigh*
          sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
          Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Hi Everyone,

My thoughts on Trio...
            Spoiler:
            I liked the ep, kudos to Amanda for doing the heights thing, she did really well. I didn't like Rodney's(sp?) conversation about how Sam and Keller's bodies looked and the same with the ladies conversation about which guy they would have, IMHO that was totally unnecessary to the plot and maybe even belittled the characters a little? Overall though, not a bad ep there was lots of Sam so I was happy.

JM's blog made me SQUEEEEE! Just a shame it was cut in favour of other scenes, meaning IIRC its not cannon but I guess that's life eh. I'm still Squeeee'ing!

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              Dang! I can't green you yet!!
              I couldn't resist saying what I said. I'm evil like that.

You know I really, Really, REALLLY wonder what goes through those boys minds when they delete scenes. On the one hand you have a very short conversation that discloses relevant background on two characters or you have a stupid juvenile game. So which one do they keep????
              Definitely the relevant background on two awesome characters. Totally.

Sorry...again I couldn't resist. It's been one of those days. I need more comedy in my life.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                let's just remember not to let our frustration get mean

Can we let our mean get frustrated?
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                  Can we let our mean get frustrated?
                  Do I detect someone being in a slightly silly mood? Should I be taking precautions?
                  sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

I agree Keller is unfairly criticized after Trio. I am amazed ... I know I shouldn't because I have seen Sam get the same label over the years despite only having one on screen romance. While the others had several.

As Far as the scene that was cut. I know I am going to get in trouble for this one... So I will put a disclaimer on it now. I will also note that 80-85% of the fic I read is Jack/Sam fic. So I do consider myself a shipper. However, others don't and that's OK too. I do wish the scene was in there, because that is all I expect from the writers a comment here or there about it. That is vague enough that the non or anti shippers can have selective hearing

My thoughts on what this might mean for the future episodes or how they will write Sam out in S5. Will her involvement with the "man in Washington" be how she is written out of S5? I doubt it. In fact I am hoping it is not the reason. *dodges the rotten tomatoes* There are a number of ways to write her out as commander that would do the character justice. One of the things I like about Jack and Sam they have always put their career first. Sam thought about giving up her career as 2IC of SG-1 in Grace, but she ultimately decided not too. So I can't see her giving up her career now when the stakes are much higher as commander of Atlantis. She has been through to much. I also doubt Jack would ever approve of her giving up a command just so they could pursue a relationship.

There are a number of ways to write Sam out as leader of Atlantis and do the character justice. And if the added bonus is that she gets to see a certain someone in Washington all the better!!

The writers do not write romantic relationships well. When they try it they usually make one or both characters look bad in the process. I don't want that, because I have always liked Jack and Sam as their own separate strong characters. I think quit a few fic writers get the complex combination right. However, the writers for the show have not. For that reason I hope they do make a hint or a comment but really they just leave it up to the fic writers. I'm holding out hope for the comment to be in the 2nd movie. And Sam gets written out of S5 in a way that does justice to the character.
                    i do agree. i love the idea of sam and jack (sam and teal'c even more but that ain't gonna happen ) but i don't want the 'going home to be with the fella' to be why she's gone.

i'd like there to be a better reason, one that suits the officer, not just the woman
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What was that? Sam and Jack? I can't hear you!

My thoughts on what this might mean for the future episodes or how they will write Sam out in S5. Will her involvement with the "man in Washington" be how she is written out of S5? I doubt it. In fact I am hoping it is not the reason. *dodges the rotten tomatoes* There are a number of ways to write her out as commander that would do the character justice.
                      Hey, no rotten tomatoes here. I think shipper or not, we all want to see Sam shown as the strong woman she is and to be written out in a classy way. If they can do that and still let her have a love life, this polar bear will deal.

Comment

Argh! Sorry I have been away so long work has been kicking me hard these last few weeks, we've been hammered by snow storm after snow storm and I've had friends in town too, which is great but tiring!

A Happy Belated Birthday Sky! I hope you had a wonderful day and sorry for being late with it.

*resolves to post more often*
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          i do agree. i love the idea of sam and jack (sam and teal'c even more but that ain't gonna happen ) but i don't want the 'going home to be with the fella' to be why she's gone.

i'd like there to be a better reason, one that suits the officer, not just the woman
                          I agree but I guess I'm just hoping that the woman and the officer can coincide. Like maybe she'll get some huge Washington based promotion or something.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                            I agree but I guess I'm just hoping that the woman and the officer can coincide. Like maybe she'll get some huge Washington based promotion or something.
                            Yes but what can come close to be commander of Atlantis in Washington? President?

I think that is why writing her out of S5 will be interesting and may be another reason that scene was cut so they don't play the shipper angle as THE reason. It's nice icing on the cake, stealing the reference from Mandy... but I think there should be another reason that doesn't betray the character in the end.
                            Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 12 February 2008, 04:53 PM.

Comment

or, like a suggestion i had,

Spoiler:
                              sam leaves with a 'i was only assigned here for a year to give the IOA time to find a new civilian and to deal with the wraith and replicators'

meaning that she didn't fail. she's not 'in trouble', her job is simply over and it's time for her to go home
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                                That could work. I like the best of both worlds.

Yes but what can come close to be commander of Atlantis in Washington? President?
                                Jack's job? But president sounds good too...

Comment

Working...
                                X