Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossluna View Post
    bwahahaha! don't worry i love your mad pairings. how do you come up with all this stuff? i read it and i'm like DAMn! that was good! Like now, I just read your Sam/Hammond pairing. And I was, "God! This is something that Sam would totally do." It reminded of the commentary that AT did when she did "The Road Not Taken" and she said that seeing Don again was a great morale booster and that there was something in the timbre of his voice that hit you in the chest and she couldn't quite describe that feeling, but I think you caught it just right in this story.

Aw, thanks. I'm glad you liked it. *blush*I couldn't do anything but friendship for Sam/Hammond.

I'm not sure where it comes from. My brain is wired incorrectly. lol.
    sigpic-
    +I thought I was a fool for no one
    but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Hey guys ever wonder if when Sam was really concentrating and biting her lip she was doing it as part of the scene or if it was actually Amanda doing it. Here is a link to a little funny conversation where Amanda and Damian are talking about writing for Sanctuary.
      Spoiler:
      http://stagethree.vo.llnwd.net/o15/content/Promo/WritersRoom_Damian_and_Amanda.mov

enjoy and squee for the cuteness that is Amanda.

try this link instead sorry the other one didn't work http://stagethree.vo.llnwd.net/o15/c...and_Amanda.mov
      Last edited by atfan; 08 February 2008, 07:51 PM.
      sigpic
      Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

~~ Sam's a GREAT character ~~

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
          Hey guys ever wonder if when Sam was really concentrating and biting her lip she was doing it as part of the scene or if it was actually Amanda doing it. Here is a link to a little funny conversation where Amanda and Damian are talking about writing for Sanctuary.
          Spoiler:
          http://stagethree.vo.llnwd.net/o15/content/Promo/WritersRoom_Damian_and_Amanda.mov

enjoy and squee for the cuteness that is Amanda.
          Couldn't get the link to work. Is there another way to get there?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

sally
            Yes, she is!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

sally
              Is that in case we get lost? lol - joke.

Sam is my raison d’être some days.
              sigpic-
              +I thought I was a fool for no one
              but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                Couldn't get the link to work. Is there another way to get there?
                I copied http://stagethree.vo.llnwd.net/o15/c...and_Amanda.mov
                to my google search engine and it found it... I clicked on the link from there.

Also Looking on the Sanctuary Home page
                --Free Stuff (under features to the left of the screen in red)
                -- Then scroll almost to the bottom of the page and there is a line of text that says "Inside The Writers Room: Damian Kindler and Amanda Tapping"
                -- Click on that. It will take a few minutes to load.

I hope that helps

lol Good interview. This hard of hearing person had trouble hearing the interview.. but I understood most of it.
                Spoiler:
                Robin Dunne mooned them and they DIDN'T get that on tape?? What?? lol I am sure it is a blast working with all of them. looking forward to season 1

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                  I copied http://stagethree.vo.llnwd.net/o15/c...and_Amanda.mov
                  to my google search engine and it found it... I clicked on the link from there.

Also Looking on the Sanctuary Home page
                  --Free Stuff (under features to the left of the screen in red)
                  -- Then scroll almost to the bottom of the page and there is a line of text that says "Inside The Writers Room: Damian Kindler and Amanda Tapping"
                  -- Click on that. It will take a few minutes to load.

I hope that helps

lol Good interview. This hard of hearing person had trouble hearing the interview.. but I understood most of it.
                  Spoiler:
                  Robin Dunne mooned them and they DIDN'T get that on tape?? What?? lol I am sure it is a blast working with all of them. looking forward to season 1
                  Yeah! It worked. Thank you Funny interview. It makes you wonder how they get anything done.

And I agree, where is the 'moon' shot?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc View Post
                    Just popping in to give my 2 cents on the possibilities for Sam's leaving Atlantis command:

after reading many posts about possibilities and then also seeing the post above stating that since Mallozi and Mullie have been supportive of both the Carter character as well as Amanda (and I agree and give them props for that) I am hoping they will do the right thing and make the departure a solid, well thought-out one.

My guess- something does happen in Search & Rescue:
                    Spoiler:
                    Carter is ordered by the IOA to leave Shephard, or some other member of the team, because they feel it is too dangerous to make the rescue and not worth the chance of losing other members of Atlantis and she refuses. She goes ahead with the rescue, it is successful and then either (1) she steps aside in protest of the IOAs idiocy or (2) they replace her with Woolsey because she pi$$ed them off. I will also venture that the IOA is represented by Woolsey who relays the IOAs message to leave Shephard (or whichever member of the team it is) so that leaves a very ripe storyline of conflict between Carter and Woolsey and the IOA overall for when Carter returns for guest appearances.

I also venture to guess that no one else on the team knows what Carter was told to do by the IOA or that when she went ahead with the rescue she was basically in trouble for doing it. To build on the story and then also have the arc set-up for Carter in later episodes the reason for her departure remains an underlying mystery to the team until the time for Carter's return in some episodes (hopefully there will be numerous eps in the back half of the season of SGA since Sanctuary is only doing 13 eps and hopefully they will finish filming in time for AT to commit to several late season episodes of SGA).

I see this as a "heroic" arc for Carter since IOA is nuts and makes horrible decisions, she as military commander makes the decision to go after her team and be the hero but keeps it to herself -- thus the team finds out eventually as the season progresses and their respect for Carter grows even stronger whether or not she left of her own accord because the IOA was so crazy or whether they chose to replace her.

I also think they can say that if IOA replaces Carter for going ahead with the rescue despite their not wanting her to it is because this incident makes IOA realize IOA cannot control military so they want an IOA man in there as their puppet that they can control - imagine the possibilities if there is another incident and Woolsey were to get the order not to rescue - odds are he would follow it because he IS IOA, Carter is military and she makes her own decisions and the IOA hates that so they want an IOA civilian, not just a civilain.
                    . Well what do you think?
                    Just sayin', I like this. And I think what's going to go down may start with S&R, too. I'm doing a ficlet on my supposin' for the heck of it, see how close I come!
                    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                    sigpic
                    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I hope I haven't missed too much in the last week. I've had that nasty virus that's been going around. Coughing so hard you nearly faint, high fevers...just ugh. Hope no one else gets it!

So anything new happening in the land of Samanda?

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                        I hope I haven't missed too much in the last week. I've had that nasty virus that's been going around. Coughing so hard you nearly faint, high fevers...just ugh. Hope no one else gets it!

So anything new happening in the land of Samanda?
                        I've had it too. I think even my eyelashes hurt from coughing! Haven't been here either.

Comment

i watched the amanda-damian interview. it was great! my fave parts were the beginning with robin mooning them (LOVED amanda's reaction!), and then the end, when damian decided to sing and made amanda leave. i kept replaying those parts over and over.

yep, i'm an amanda fangirl and proud of it!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                            Well I remember seeing it on the yahoo group for Sanctuaryforall....

Hi everyone!

With apologies for the cross-post, and permission to forward on where
                            you think Sam fans might wish to see it...

A few years back now I was part of a project showing our appreciation
                            for Janet, and thanking Teryl for all her work on Stargate, by
                            showcasing everything we loved about the character in a music video
                            featuring contributions from many of her fans. The finished video was
                            played at Wolf's SG8 and seemed to go down well!

Jumping back to the present, and we're a few months away from another
                            fabulous Gabit weekend with Amanda Tapping - AT3! This being the
                            first of these events to occur since the final episodes of Stargate
                            SG-1 aired, what better time than to showcase everything we have
                            loved for ten years about Samantha Carter?! This has been discussed
                            with some of Gabit's fantastic staff, and subject to final approval
                            once the video is made I am sending this e-mail out now with their
                            blessing.

So, what is the project and how does it work?

The idea is that a video is made using scenes chosen by as many
                            different people as possible, to go with text saying something they
                            have loved about Sam. Since illustration by example is probably the
                            easiest way, the Janet video can be found here:

http://janetfraiser.com/heroes/yourpicture.htm

Obviously for Sam we're looking at more of a celebration than a
                            tribute! But the principle is the same. It may also be possible to
                            include a section about what we're looking forward to (or have
                            already been enjoying!) in Atlantis, so do feel free to include ideas
                            in that direction.

To make this work, I need your help! And this is not in any way
                            exlusive to those attending the event, everyone is welcome to
                            contribute! So, it'd be great if as many people as possible contacted
                            me with the following information:

1) Your name and location (country)
                            2) What you would like to say about Sam (character trait or similar)
                            3) Your top three choices of Stargate scene to illustrate this point.

I will then compile as many of your contributions as possible into
                            the video, with text subtitles with what you tell us in (1) and (2)
                            put over one of your scene choices from (3). Obviously we don't want
                            to be repeating ourselves, so try to be as original as you can!! And
                            do keep in mind when you write your submissions that the text needs
                            to fit on the video, without obscuring the picture underneath. Please
                            don't make it too long!

The information should be sent to: laura@... (Please do not
                            send replies to any of the lists this goes out on!!)

The closing date for submissions is Thursday, February 14 2008. That
                            gives you a couple of weeks in which to think and send me your ideas.

So get thinking! With your help this can hopefully be a great
                            celebration of a fantastic character.

Thank you!
                            LauraJo
                            Love the idea and I definitely want to be part of this! Watching that Janet Frasier vid just made me wanna cry..I miss Janet so much. Damn them for killing her off.

Give me a couple days to pick my vid clip choices for Sam along with my 'celebration' words and I'll shoot in on your way..er, I'm guessing at least your the one to send it too. If not just holler through a PM to get my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                              I've had it too. I think even my eyelashes hurt from coughing! Haven't been here either.
                              Oh noes! At least they're not falling out though! Neep knows all about that, from the year hers fell out during exams. =) It was a very *very* stressful time =)
                              sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                              "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                              My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Just finished watching Trio--

Major Trio spoilers!!

Spoiler:
                                I loved it!!!!! Yay for action Sam, whumped Sam and "Shut the hell up McKay" Sam!! Very fun to watch-- I was literally on the edge of my seat! And next week we get Chris Judge!! But I'm mad cuz they didn't have the little hint of Sam's personal life they were promising. But she looked awesome throwing that grappling hook! They really should have showed her in the end scene though. It was weird that they didn't. Even if I wasn't mildly obsessed with her, it would still have felt awkward.
                                sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                                Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Working...
                                X