No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just done with a new fic and some icons...

Title: Receiving a memo
    Author: RepliCartertje
    Spoilers: It is set after Rites of Passage, season 5
    Pairing: Sam/Janet
    Rating: K+
    Summary: Sam and Janet need to tell Cassie something, but the teen doesn’t react the way they thought she would.
    Word count: 1560 words
    Warning: Femslash
    A/N: This fic started out as a promt for a Sam/Janet-o-thon, but I never finished it in time. I used a prompt Sam/Janet & Cassie, custody problem…
    Thanks to Brooke and cess525 for beta'ing.
    I love reviews, or comments...they make me improve...

http://replicartertje.livejournal.co...tml?mode=reply

Icons:

1. 2. 3.
    4. 5. 6.

all are snurchable

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
      Hey sal! Can I ask where you got this data? I was just wondering if it was released what the eps' actual ratings were or not. Because I don't think I get what you're asking, and I'm - as we all know - easily confused...
      it's off the 'Ratings...the Good, the bad and the Unknown' thread. there's a guy over there trying to explain the numbers with math, but according to his numbers, 'the road not taken' should have gotten a 1.2. so the confusion only gets worse.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

I thought to check Joe's blog seeing if he got the ratings for Friday, nothing was listed from him. But I did check the comments section and found that they where posted by one of the Anonymous people.

Maybe true, maybe not. But I'm going to wait for Darren to post them.

ETA: Sorry sal I didn't see your post above, but I have to wonder where the person posted in that thread got them because the episodes were named. I'm like dancer, also easily confused.
        Last edited by LaCroix; 07 May 2007, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Daniel: Geez Sam, now look what you've done.
          Teal'c: Indeed Major Carter you should have known better.
          Jonas: Hey, take it easy on her, she brought me in as a special advisor to help with situation.
          Jack: You know, it really was my own fault for asking.
          Sam: How was I supposed to the know, the colonel would end up in the infirmary after trying to explain the ratings to him.
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            it's off the 'Ratings...the Good, the bad and the Unknown' thread. there's a guy over there trying to explain the numbers with math, but according to his numbers, 'the road not taken' should have gotten a 1.2. so the confusion only gets worse.

sally
            I just posted over there

Actually those figures appear to be the Total US rating which is the percent of all TV households. Whereas the figures we are used to seeing are the Coverage Area which is the percent of only the households that get the network (the 1.1's etc). This info comes from MediaSavant in this post.

The figures we are used to seeing are Coverage and are approximately 80% of the Total US possible, so we're looking at maybe a 1.1 like previous weeks.
            Last edited by RealmOfX; 07 May 2007, 06:37 PM. Reason: Changed phrasing
            -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              I just posted over there

Actually those figures appear to be the Total US rating which is the percent of all TV households. Whereas the figures we are used to seeing are the Coverage Area which is the percent of only the households that get the network (the 1.1's etc). This info comes from MediaSavant in this post.

The figures we are used to seeing are Coverage and are approximately 80% of the Total US possible, so we're looking at maybe a 1.1 like previous weeks.
              thank you.

(math is not my thinger. words beed betterith for moi)

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Daniel: Geez Sam, now look what you've done.
                Teal'c: Indeed Major Carter you should have known better.
                Jonas: Hey, take it easy on her, she brought me in as a special advisor to help with situation.
                Jack: You know, it really was my own fault for asking.
                Sam: How was I supposed to the know, the colonel would end up in the infirmary after trying to explain the ratings to him.
                rotflmao oh my gosh so funny
                sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  these are the ratings for 'the shroud' and 'tao of rodney'. what do they mean, in ratings that can be understood? *blinks*

Ratings for last Friday:

SG-1 (The Shroud)
                  - 1.402 million viewers (up 0.05 million from last week)
                  - 0.9/2 HH
                  - 0.6/2 A18-49

Atlantis (Tao of Rodney)
                  - 1.392 million viewers (down 0.125 million from last week)
                  - 0.9/2 HH
                  - 0.5/2 A18-49

sally
                  Basically what it means is that viewers aren't watching regardless of who is in the episode. Some people said the ratings dropped because the past two episodes involved Sam and didn't have Daniel in it; but I believe, these ratings just go to prove that even with RDA and Michael in the episode, the ratings didn't improve that much. In my opinion, they[SG-1/Atlantis] are lucky to be getting the ratings they have been receiving since Sci-fi pushed the season back six months and it's already been aired in it's entirety elsewhere. Many fans have already downloaded and viewed the entire season and there are a lot of viewers who are still ticked off that Sci-Fi cancelled SG-1 and others who were extremely disappointed with seasons 9 and the first half of 10. So I think they[TPTB] may be hard pressed to draw back these uninterested viewers.
                  Last edited by ForeverSg1; 07 May 2007, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I haven't met AT in person yet, but I'm hopeful for gabit event next year ! Anyway I have a new game ! What would you say to amanda if you meet her ? (One sentence)
                    My choice "Thank you for 8 wonderful years of Sam Carter !"

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                      I haven't met AT in person yet, but I'm hopeful for gabit event next year ! Anyway I have a new game ! What would you say to amanda if you meet her ? (One sentence)
                      One would hope that I would have something profound to say, but with my luck all that would come out is 'SQUEEEEEE!'

Comment

what would i say?

"would you get me rda's phone number?"

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I have tons of questions I'd love to ask Amanda. Some I have asked and others I didn't feel were appropriate to ask in a public setting. But I think I would like to ask her more personal questions than ones involving Stargate or Sam Carter. I really would like to sit longer and talk to her about being a mom and how that has altered her life. I know she's discussed it briefly before, but it's something very near to my heart and would love to discuss it more with her.

I really feel sorry for the people sitting next to me at the AT3 cocktail party, that is -- should I be so lucky to attend again. Because they may not be able to get me to shut up next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                            I really feel sorry for the people sitting next to me at the AT3 cocktail party, that is -- should I be so lucky to attend again. Because they may not be able to get me to shut up next year.
                            lol, no way, I'm looking forward to it already! And we're all the same... get us on the subject of our bairns and we can go on and on and on... I'd love to know AT's take on it too
                            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                              lol, no way, I'm looking forward to it already! And we're all the same... get us on the subject of our bairns and we can go on and on and on... I'd love to know AT's take on it too
                              I'm an Auntie, myself. But I could go on and on about my nephews and nieces.

Heh, when Sam said "I'm an Auntie, myself" in Cold Lazarus, the first time I watched it I heard "I'm an anti, myself." Until the next sentence I was thinking, "anti what? Anti family?" I think I must have been tired.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                                Those are awesome! I especially like this one:

(btw could you possibly make a Sam one like this? Pretty, pretty please? )
                                Thanks SunKrux.

And since you asked so nicely I made this one for you to use.

Last edited by zuz; 08 May 2007, 02:27 AM.
                                "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X