• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
    Hap-py Anni-versary!
    Hap-py Anni-versary!
    Hap-py Anni-versary!
    HAAAAA-PPY ANNIVERSARY!

Ooops guess I'm a bit eary there eh? Oh well.
    lol, thanks Kat.

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    From another thread, about Sam in Atlantis. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=927

Has anyone got the magazine or can provide scans?
    Wow. Interesting.

*awaits the tizzy*

I guess it's good that people no longer have to ask JM about it anymore.

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
    Here's what I find puzzling:

Spoiler:
    RCC is saying that Sam's finally stepping out of the circle of the team to lead. I think Sam's stepped out of that 'circle' plenty of times - she's led the team in Jack's absence and on her own. She was pretty much hands on with the development of the F-302s, F-303 & F-304. She headed up R&D at Area51. Has Cooper forgotten all of that? Only thing missing is her promotion to Full-bird Colonel.
    Well, it's never really been official, I guess. I know what you mean though. We've seen glimpses here and there, which some seem to have forgotten along the way. Wouldn't be the first time of course.

Spoiler:
    And it could also just be another one of those subtle moments where RCC begrudgingly admits that Carter very easily could've been the leader of SG-1 for the final two years, but wasn't. The fact that he says "finally" and "stepping out of the circle of the team," as if it was a burdeon, speaks volumes to me.

I'm not going to guess what he means until I see the full context for myself, but it's definitely interesting. I also didn't mind seeing Carter as a part of the team. That's where she's most comfortable, and where she works the best in my opinion. I think Carter has the potential to be a great leader, and will do well in her role after the past three years where she's pretty much let her hair down and done her own thing in many ways. IMO, she also has a knack for utilizing everyone's strengths when implementing a plan, which is definitely going to help take away from the Ms. Perfection reputation she has with other fans.

However...

Uninvited spoilers...
    Spoiler:
    Uninvited showed how Carter is still weary about having other people's lives essentially in the palm of her hand. She couldn't even sit in Landry's seat because of the symbolism behind it. A lot of that could've just been her respect for the position of base CO, but I think a lot of it also had to do with some of her insecurity.

It was the first episode where Carter was truly calling the shots - for the whole base, no less - and where other officers were answering to her. It looks like they were feeling out the possibilities with that episode. You know, to see if Carter in any sort of leadership capacity was feasible or believable. I guess they thought it was.

It'll be cool to see Carter take on a new position, worry her way through it, but prove her abilities - both to the Atlantis crew members and to herself. I like the idea of seeing her in action, rather than hearing about it as she banters with O'Neill in the hallway of the SGC. This will be a great opportunity for "showing" us and not "telling" us.

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
    It says June 2007 Volume 13 issue 3. So we have a couple of months before anything is realeased... wondering how this person knows what it says already?
    I think people with subscriptions get the issues a week or so before they hit the stands. And SciFi's mags seem to stay on the shelves until the month that's listed on the mag. So hopefully everyone will have until June to get the magazine.

Comment

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Happy Birthday Famantha!!
        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
        Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

I think people with subscriptions get the issues a week or so before they hit the stands. And SciFi's mags seem to stay on the shelves until the month that's listed on the mag. So hopefully everyone will have until June to get the magazine.
          lol and I just read the artcle after scouring through the live journals...

Spoiler:
          I completely understand the Weir fans will not be happy!

These challenges that Sam will face in S4 on Atlantis, see AD's post above about what the article says....This is what I wanted to see in S9 ... now granted it's more about Sam leading Atlantis instead of in the field. Sam is very intelligent, a lot of field experience, her military and scientific background allows her to relate to people on many different levels. Having led SG-1 and at Area 51 (100+ scientists). I think this is going to be interesting and I would like to see how the character reacts to these challenges! She will want to go out and fix it herself, but as the leader she doesn't get that choice. She has to resist the urge to join the team. She gets all the headaches of leading Atlantis that we didn't see while she led Area 51. I look forward to seeing her react to the other characters. And I agree with her that Ronan reminds me of Teal'c as well
          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 05 April 2007, 11:06 PM.

Comment

This BIRTHDAY CARD for Famantha is brought to you by...

Spoiler:
            MY SCARY ATTACK PUGS!

Be afraid.
            Be very afraid.
            Oh, and uh, have a
            HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO, EH?!?!

Last edited by minigeek; 05 April 2007, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Happy Birthday Famantha!!!!

I hope you have a great day and safe travels!!!!!
              Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 05 April 2007, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Happy Birthday Famantha!!!!
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  What! Have I lost my fear factor
                  sorry Mandy, OBVIOUSLY I'm scared of you too. I think I was even warned about you.....
                  "Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage," William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Comment

I'm with Oobs. I'm happy about the news regarding SGA S4...

Spoiler:

I do think it is a great move for the character and one command where she really could be utilised to the full extent of her skills and experience. It also makes sense to me that if the show is getting darker and there are more military threats, having a civilian commander makes no sense (it didn't actually make sense to me in S3 but that's a subject for another thread) so a military commander is needed.

In terms of RCC's comment about stepping out from the circle of the team...it's true we've seen Sam in command before, but the way I look at it is that really her command of SG1 was pretty much like Cam's to a large degree, ie while she might have made the odd decision here and there, had the official title, her leadership of them was less about leading them and more about simply providing direction occasionally of what was by then a mostly colloborative effort between equals. With Atlantis, she's unequivocally in charge and in command (and while she probably was with Area 51 we never got to see it).

I also like how the article suggests that there may be conflict between the characters in regards to her command; McKay acting up, some difference of opinions between herself and Sheppard. And I also love how they indicate she will be spending time with Teyla, possibly Keller and Weir too (I would be very surprised if there isn't at least a changing of the guard moment between Weir and Carter). And of course Ronan. I think that latter one will be an interesting relationship for both characters given Sam's experience and friendship with Teal'c, and how Ronan's abilities are actually not fully utilised IMO at the mo.

So, could be some interesting stuff. As much as I feel for the Weir fans in the character losing the position of leader, I am looking forward to seeing the Age of Sam.
                    sigpic
                    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Happy Birthday Famantha!
                      sigpic
                      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

hey, thanks all !!

and thanks Mini I nearly chocked on my waffle I have to go now, I'll be back in a few days have a good week end everyone !!

*happy dance*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                          Wow...
                          Spoiler:
                          and we were complaining about the SG-1 command issue...and now she's in charge of a whole expedition...
                          cool,. isn't it????

and, imho, about 2 years past its time
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm thrilled to no end that Sam's will be in command . I just hope that the writing does her justice.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              cool,. isn't it????

and, imho, about 2 years past its time
                              They'll never admit they made a mistake with SG-1. This is the closest thing to an apology anyone will ever see. I could be more politically correct here and opt not to post that - I probably should be - but I've got my attack pugs to protect me now. So I'll risk it.

Comment

i agree. whomever directed the 'male lead must be boss' directive likely now realizes that they did a huge disservice to both characters actually.

but - even though just 100 miles away we have 8 freaking inches of snow for easter - it's not cold enough for netu to freeze, thus they will never say 'yeah, we were wrong'

Even if you take gender out of it, basically demoting the experienced officer in favor of a new, totally untried one, was a mistake. we could all see it, i think members of the cast and crew coudl see it, but TPTB will never admit it (either because they did it or because they are too professional to say 'yeah, the fine folks at skiffy made us do it)
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X