Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC

Comment

I've updated the Sam-whumping fanfiction list with 34 new stories. I'm still working on the Samficathon fics, so another update will follow shortly. I just wanted to do something nice for Easter.

If you notice errors, please let me know. I always screw something up every time I update, so...

My LJ

Comment

Happy Birthday, Famantha!

My LJ

Comment

Though i don't post that much on this thread i have been hear from the beginning i think i was one of the first to post. I am more of a reader than a poster i like hearing other peoples opinions and this thread is a great place for it.
          I don't want the thread to be spit up it will ruin the feel of it, keep it just the way it is.

Now about Atlantis

Spoiler:

I Love The News of Sam Commanding Atlantis, though i do really like Weir and will miss her and Torri. This has potential to be great. the first half of Season 3 was great, the second was a bit weaker in my opinion but still really good. Atlantis was coming to its own, the dynamics becoming better, but this can create dynamics completely fresh and as a Sam fan i have been waiting for her to command for along time, this is honestly alot better position for her too and its also very logical for her to be in terms of the Stargate universe, she is a experienced combat officer and a great scientist, exactly what Atlantis should have.

Can't wait for the SG1 movies, Atlantis and sanctuary. bring it on!

Comment

i'm very much looking forward to atlantis.

I'm hoping that sam will be like Jonas. she'll stir up the predicitbleness of the show and bring some different aspects to it.

shep will finally be held accountable in a miliatary fashion and have a boss that he HAS to obey...lest he be courtmartialed. rod has another person that has no tolerance for his rants..maybe the shep and rod comedy hour will get broken up and they'll be able to interact with others.

I am spooked as heck that coop's fine hand will carry over to joe and we'll get more super special fineness like Irresistable and its sequal...but i'm sincerely hoping that the writers have been put on notice to get away from the silliness and back into the ingredients that made teh original show so enjoyable
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Happy Birthday Famantha!!
              Have a great day!!

I am so please that
              Spoiler:

Sam will command Atlantis, finally a proper command, not co-command, we finally get to how Sam deals with being the person in THE chair, the person everyone will look for guidance(well everyone except maybe Rodney lol)
              How will Sam deal with being directly responsible for maybe sending good people through the gate to die?
              And will she be able to sit back and watch the team go exploring knowing she can't go?
              I do feel for Elizabeth fans though cause I know how I'd feel if that was Sam(((((Elizabeth Fans))))))

But I can't help getting excited

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

WTF How can Sam
                Spoiler:

lead Atlantis as a mere LT.COL
                I hope they make her a full bird in the two movies !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                  Yeah I agree! I do have hope for Season 4... I do feel for the Weir fans because I felt the same way in s9 when Sam was reoccuring.
                  Sam was never a recurring character. What they've done to Torri is more like what they did to Corin and Rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                    Sam was never a recurring character. What they've done to Torri is more like what they did to Corin and Rainbow.
                    Sam was never stated as recurring... but she didn't have any real meaty roles in S9. She and Teal'c were more in the background watching the scenes go along except in Ripple Effect ... so where as yes you are correct she wasn't recurring in status... she also wasn't written to be inlcuded in the show as she once was in s1 - s8. And for me personally it was difficult to watch the writers not really give the character anything to do ...

I don't know what Torri/ Weir will do in S4 as of yet... And you're right it may be like Rainbow and Corin... I do feel for her fans! Because I felt we were losing Sam in s9, but I'm very glad we didn't!

I'm very exicted about
                    Spoiler:
                    the news of Sam being in Command!
                    I also feel for the (((Weir fans)))
                    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 06 April 2007, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                      Spoiler:

Oh I have a feeling we'll be seeing that by the time the season begins.
                      Spoiler:
                      Definitely. I'd say that TPTB have learned their lesson after the co-command mess of Seasons Nine and Ten, they won't want to have two lieutenant colonels on Atlantis.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

not to mention
                        Spoiler:
                        the awkwardness of having lt colonel carter telling colonel caldwell what to do. they have to promote her
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          not to mention
                          Spoiler:
                          the awkwardness of having lt colonel carter telling colonel caldwell what to do. they have to promote her
                          Spoiler:
                          Good point.

I think we can all agree that her promotion is more than earned.

Comment

i'm very much looking forward to atlantis.

I'm hoping that sam will be like Jonas. she'll stir up the predicitbleness of the show and bring some different aspects to it.
                            I miss Jonas. His and Sam's friendship was sweet. I wish they'd kept him.

shep will finally be held accountable in a miliatary fashion and have a boss that he HAS to obey...lest he be courtmartialed. rod has another person that has no tolerance for his rants..maybe the shep and rod comedy hour will get broken up and they'll be able to interact with others.
                            Atlantis has been so removed from Earth that Sheppard has been able to get away with a lot - in Season One, when he disobeyed Weir, she wasn't exactly in a position to bundle him back to Earth and she couldn't even relieve him of his role as military leader, not when the next most senior officer (that I remember, anyway) was a lieutenant, so he was fairly shielded from consequences.

I don't see Sam court martialling him - unless it's for something very extreme - but he won't be in a position where he can countermand her orders and claim that it's a military situation.

Comment

SGA S4:
                              Spoiler:

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                              Good point.

I think we can all agree that her promotion is more than earned.
                              She's got the three years time in grade as of the beginning of S4 SGA, assuming the times are similar to ours. And the basic way they do promotions in the military, as I'm not sure I've mentioned here, is you get a ranking on the 'promotion list' once your eligible based on what you've done, performance reviews, and various other things. Sam so far has pretty much gotten promoted as soon as eligible, which makes sense because I hate to think someone else has saved the country/planet/galaxy/universe more often than she has. So she really SHOULD get promoted soon, and would in RL...

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                                Hi Everyone,

Happy Birthday Famantha!!
                                Have a great day!!

I am so please that
                                Spoiler:

Sam will command Atlantis, finally a proper command, not co-command, we finally get to how Sam deals with being the person in THE chair, the person everyone will look for guidance(well everyone except maybe Rodney lol)
                                How will Sam deal with being directly responsible for maybe sending good people through the gate to die?
                                And will she be able to sit back and watch the team go exploring knowing she can't go?
                                I do feel for Elizabeth fans though cause I know how I'd feel if that was Sam(((((Elizabeth Fans))))))

But I can't help getting excited

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                I hope that the people in charge don't mess it up on SGA the way they made such a mess of SG-1.

Comment

Working...
                                X