X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
    Here's what I find puzzling:

Spoiler:
    RCC is saying that Sam's finally stepping out of the circle of the team to lead. I think Sam's stepped out of that 'circle' plenty of times - she's led the team in Jack's absence and on her own. She was pretty much hands on with the development of the F-302s, F-303 & F-304. She headed up R&D at Area51. Has Cooper forgotten all of that? Only thing missing is her promotion to Full-bird Colonel.
    I'm finding that most of TPTB don't remember the past... there seems to be a reset for s9... and all other seasons were forgotten or rewritten....
    Spoiler:
    and of course she has stepped out of the circle of the team to lead plenty of times like you mentioned CheveronSeven.. Good points!!
    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 05 April 2007, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
      From another thread, about Sam in Atlantis. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=927

Has anyone got the magazine or can provide scans?
      i LOVE this... but i'm scared.

*plugs ears and covers eyes from weir/atlantis fans*

i can't help being excited by this! but i'm also afraid and feeling bad for the weir fans. why must one character be punched for another character to get pulled up!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
        Only thing missing is her promotion to Full-bird Colonel.
        Please, please, please!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

i can't help being excited by this! but i'm also afraid and feeling bad for the weir fans. why must one character be punched for another character to get pulled up!

sally
          i agree sally, cause as much as sam is a really awesome character *grin*, i just think that she would be more qualified doing something different...
          *sometimes, u gotta do something stupid to be smart; in this case, im doin' it everyday*

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Comment

sally
            I've always looked forward to Sam and Weir working together, I just hope we get to see some of that
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisnewbie06 View Post
              i agree sally, cause as much as sam is a really awesome character *grin*, i just think that she would be more qualified doing something different...
              maybe it'll only be temporary, just one season? maybe the writers are planning on bringing back weir in a big way? i hope so, for the weir/torri fans.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

From another thread, about Sam in Atlantis. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=927

Has anyone got the magazine or can provide scans?
                Current issue is due to be on the shelves until Monday. So someone with a subscription may have gotten their new one already or a book store may have put the new on the shelf already. I do plan on picking up the new issue when it hits my local book store. I want to see what the entire article says.
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  I've always looked forward to Sam and Weir working together, I just hope we get to see some of that
                  I like Weir and Sam scenes. They really seem to respect each other and I'd be disappointed if there aren't any.

I'm sad for Weir fans because that's got to sting...but I'm not going to not be happy about what I think is a good thing for the character, the show and the franchise.

I look forward to season 4 and hope it's done well and with respect to the Weir character as well as to Sam and the rest of the cast.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                    I like Weir and Sam scenes. They really seem to respect each other and I'd be disappointed if there aren't any.

I'm sad for Weir fans because that's got to sting...but I'm not going to not be happy about what I think is a good thing for the character, the show and the franchise.

I look forward to season 4 and hope it's done well and with respect to the Weir character as well as to Sam and the rest of the cast.
                    Yeah I agree! I do have hope for Season 4... I do feel for the Weir fans because I felt the same way in s9 when Sam was reoccuring. I look forward to the Weir and Sam scenes! I think they will be fun! I hope Weir will be there in some capacity that leaves the door open
                    Spoiler:
                    once she recovers or returns from the dark side. It could lead to some pretty interesting character developement for Weir if they write it well. No clue what they have planned.
                    I hope tptb have a good story line for Sam, Weir and all the other characters.

Comment

Totally off topic (but when am I not ), but my niece was just running around saying "heldoctor." I couldn't work out what she was saying but chose to believe she was talking about Doctor Helen Magnus.

My brother just arrived and informed me that she was saying "helicopter." Oh well, that's nearly as cool.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                        Yeah I agree! I do have hope for Season 4... I do feel for the Weir fans because I felt the same way in s9 when Sam was reoccuring. I look forward to the Weir and Sam scenes! I think they will be fun! I hope Weir will be there in some capacity that leaves the door open
                        Spoiler:
                        once she recovers or returns from the dark side. It could lead to some pretty interesting character developement for Weir if they write it well. No clue what they have planned.
                        I hope tptb have a good story line for Sam, Weir and all the other characters.

regarding sam on atlantis
                        Spoiler:
                        what happens if there's a season 5 and they want sam to continue to be on it? how will she do atlantis *and* sanctuary? i really, REALLY want sanctuary to be a series!

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

regarding sam on atlantis
                          Spoiler:
                          what happens if there's a season 5 and they want sam to continue to be on it? how will she do atlantis *and* sanctuary? i really, REALLY want sanctuary to be a series!

sally
                          Regarding Sam on Atlantis...
                          Spoiler:
                          My guess is that, should SGA get renewed, which I think is extremely likely, Amanda will be in a supremo bargaining position...especially if the ratings get a boost.

Sanctuary will be a series regardless and basically my sense is that Amanda will just continue to be a very busy woman, balancing two series and a family.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Spoiler:
                            RCC is saying that Sam's finally stepping out of the circle of the team to lead. I think Sam's stepped out of that 'circle' plenty of times - she's led the team in Jack's absence and on her own. She was pretty much hands on with the development of the F-302s, F-303 & F-304. She headed up R&D at Area51. Has Cooper forgotten all of that? Only thing missing is her promotion to Full-bird Colonel.
                            Spoiler:
                            Yeah, but we never got to see any of that. Spirits, Zero Hour, Icon and It's Good to be King were the only episodes we got glimpses of Sam leading SG1 and everything else was told to us.

Comment

Ok, so I read the article:
                              Spoiler:
                              Sam is going to command Atlantis. Cooper talks about how leadership is one of the things they've never really got to develop with Carter. But Atlantis gives them that opportunity because she can step outside the circle of SG1 (a problem they had with O'Neill when he became base commander imo, the show was still structured around him being part of SG1). He says that the "next stage of her career had been on-hold for sometime due to her place on SG1". Cooper also talks about how they'll be able to show Carter having to adapt to the new challenges/struggles that come with leading Atlantis, similiar to how O'Neill went through the problems when he became the SGC commander - "She's going to struggle with the idea that's she's usually the one in the trenches and solving problems with her technical abilities... She's going to deal with being a leader and what that entails."

Hewlett talks about how great it is to be able to work with Amanda again and how fun it will be to play McKay against Carter as she's adapting to the leadership role - "She's being thrown into a leadership position, and McKay has never been good at taking commands from anyone. I think that there is a lot of potential for some fun"
                              Amanda talks about how she's excited by the opportunities for Carter "it's a whole new level for her and I thought, "It's actually going to change her".". She talks about how she thinks that there will be some interesting moments between Carter and Sheppard, about how he sets up his team and his sense of humour. She's excited about getting to know Teyla and how Atlantis has more women on the base she can interact with. And Ronon, who sort of reminds her of Teal'c and that she goes in with a huge amount of respect for him because of that.

Comment

Ok, so I read the article:
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam is going to command Atlantis. Cooper talks about how leadership is one of the things they've never really got to develop with Carter. But Atlantis gives them that opportunity because she can step outside the circle of SG1 (a problem they had with O'Neill when he became base commander imo, the show was still structured around him being part of SG1). He says that the "next stage of her career had been on-hold for sometime due to her place on SG1". Cooper also talks about how they'll be able to show Carter having to adapt to the new challenges/struggles that come with leading Atlantis, similiar to how O'Neill went through the problems when he became the SGC commander - "She's going to struggle with the idea that's she's usually the one in the trenches and solving problems with her technical abilities... She's going to deal with being a leader and what that entails."

Hewlett talks about how great it is to be able to work with Amanda again and how fun it will be to play McKay against Carter as she's adapting to the leadership role - "She's being thrown into a leadership position, and McKay has never been good at taking commands from anyone. I think that there is a lot of potential for some fun"
                                Amanda talks about how she's excited by the opportunities for Carter "it's a whole new level for her and I thought, "It's actually going to change her".". She talks about how she thinks that there will be some interesting moments between Carter and Sheppard, about how he sets up his team and his sense of humour. She's excited about getting to know Teyla and how Atlantis has more women on the base she can interact with. And Ronon, who sort of reminds her of Teal'c and that she goes in with a huge amount of respect for him because of that.

Thanks.
                                Spoiler:
                                It's going to be odd... I mean I am looking forward to this, but like Coop said, Sam's usually the one out in the field. This will be different. I love Sam in the thick of things, solving problems, getting dirty. I hope she still gets to do that to some extent. But I also love that she finally gets to really lead. That's great for her.

Comment

Working...
                                X