Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
    I bet! I ended up riding in an elevator with Carmen Argenziano last weekend. I didn't want to look at him cause I didn't want to stare! But I finally turned and looked his way and he was looking right at me. Deer. In. Headlights. I think I smiled? But he was a real sweetheart everytime I ran into him. He called me a beautiful young lady. *blushes*

It's like you meet these people and you realize they really are just people, but you also remember they play people you admire and enjoy watching on television. But out of every actor out there, Amanda is the one I want to meet the most. And out of every character out there...Sam is the one I admire most. So darn it, I need to go to GABIT!
    Exactly! Last year at Armageddon (comic books, scifi, fantasy...) my favourite guests ended up being John Billingsley and his wife, Bonnie Friedericy. If you didn't like Enterprise don't let that put you off, they are wonderful, hilarious people. So goofy and snarky Anyway, after their session I got caught up in the crowd leaving and had to stop suddenly causing Bonnie to walk into my back and spill her coffee on her shoes. I turned to apologise and was mortified when I realised it was her... but she was wonderful and wouldn't even let me apologise. She was just so genuine and warm.

And I agree... I imagine Amanda would be all that and more!

*ETA* Wait! How can I say they were my favourites? Sure they were a lot of fun, but I also met Jewel Staite and Claudia Christian!
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Sorry to repost...but the lady in the middle with the pinkish purple shirt on...whoever that is I am almost positive she was at Vancouver...and possibly on my flight back home. Or I'm a nut.
      Yes, she was there. You are not nuts... well, maybe you are, but not for this reason.
      Last edited by antoa; 31 March 2007, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I bet! I ended up riding in an elevator with Carmen Argenziano last weekend. I didn't want to look at him cause I didn't want to stare! But I finally turned and looked his way and he was looking right at me. Deer. In. Headlights. I think I smiled? But he was a real sweetheart everytime I ran into him. He called me a beautiful young lady. *blushes*

It's like you meet these people and you realize they really are just people, but you also remember they play people you admire and enjoy watching on television. But out of every actor out there, Amanda is the one I want to meet the most. And out of every character out there...Sam is the one I admire most. So darn it, I need to go to GABIT!
        I totally rode the Elevator with Carmen too! It was just the two of us too. But I just smiled and said hello and he said that he would see me at the dessert party and got off on the 4th floor.

When I did see him at the party, I commented on our great elevator ride.

I know I will be a nervous wreck if I ever meet Amanda. I'll probably go all 'fangirl' and say something dorky like "We're both 'worthy of love'" (that's what 'Amanda' means).

Though I have noticed that the more cons I go to, the more I am able to say when I do meet them, so maybe it won't be so bad.

I actually Squeeed at Teryl when I went into my photo op and I told David DeLuise that I used to have a crush on his brother and that I thought Peter was looking damn good again. I am such a fool!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
          Yes, she was there. You are not nuts... well, maybe you are, but not for this reason.
          I swear she was on my flight to Dallas... Do you know?

Actually, I do know for a fact the lady that sat across the aisle from us on the way up went to the con. Didn't know until I saw her the next day.
          Last edited by L.A. Doyle; 31 March 2007, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
            There you've hit the nail. At a convention "you" make the experience what you want it to be. Because you must; because they don't have a clue who you are and it doesn't matter. At GABIT, it was such a personal venue that you were literally welcomed as a friend from the get-go, and your personal experience was inextricably enmeshed with the event itself. Therein lies the difference I mean. Unless my experience was somehow vastly different from that of others who attended AT2, but I can't imagine it was. Please do correct me if I am woefully inaccurate here - I haven't attended any 'mainstream cons' before, but I really believe there is a fundamental difference between a personalized event like GABIT and say, a CREATION CON, is there not? I am not trying to place a value judgment on either venue, I am simply trying to illustrate why I felt that GABIT was not a typical "con" per se. I wouldn't call it a convention. I'd call it ... a convergence (of friends)? Regardless of how one makes one's own experience along the way, those differences in the respective event's personalities and format would still be apparent. That was my primary point.
            ((((geek))))) Sweetie, I got your primary point. Yes, there is a difference between the two types of cons, but my primary point is this, REGARDLESS of what type of con it is, (whether or not the con providers greet you as a friend or not, the FANS will definately do that for you ) it is up to each and every fan to make it the kind of CON they want. I'm sure it's just easier at a fan run one than it is at a business run one.

Too many fans, imho, attend any number of cons (fan or business run) with the attitude that the cast/crew OWE them something because they've shelled out X amount of dollars to travel to the con. IMHO, that's a load of horse pucky. The cast/crew owe us nothing, if anything WE owe them. What a lot of fans do not realize, especially with the business run cons is that the cast/crew are NOT getting a lot of money. Most of the money that's made at those kinds of cons goes to the business so it can keep going. How the con providers handle that can make some fans up tight. Also a lot of fans do not realize that most of the folks working Creation cons are VOLUNTEERS and fans of said show themselves and are not getting paid and had to pay to attend the con. Sadly some of those volunteers let that wee bit o' power go to their wee little heads.

When I'm at cons, I avoid fans like that like the plague...they'll only have a horrible time and try to make the con bad for all others.

Just come to Comic Con sweetie, we your fellow GATERS (and a few Scapers) will greet you like our friend (because you are) and frell what the con planners do.
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Gabit stories? You want a Gabit story? Here's a Gabit story...
              Spoiler:

I am in so much trouble now...

*running*

geek
              Come 'ere geek, I'll protect you from those two. They don't scare me!
              sigpic

Comment

Deer.
                In.
                Headlights.

Mine?

Shaking.
                Like.
                A.
                Leaf.

Then I handed AT the prezzies I had for her and Olivia... *happy sigh* and the rest is history.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  you know how to deal with a deer????

just push her in front of amanda and say 'she drew this' and amanda takes care of the rest.
                  LOL yes, Sky did that. Which is funny really because I - well, I sort of tower over sky in height - but she's got my arm in hers and she's propelling me forward and I'm blanking - gah! I made it through that moment largely due to her and to Julia who was incredible also. I still can't even remember what I said. I was that nervous.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Amanda rocks, period, regardless of what con she attends! Am I right?! You know I am!

Ok, GEEK, STRIX you two HAVE to come to Comic Con in July. Otherwise I'll be so sad that I can't meet you that I'll just cry myself to sleep every night of that con.

*wonders if that will work...

And with that my lovely, lovely Samandans, I must part ways for a while. As many of you know, I'm moving to Sunny Southern California this weekend. I need to get off my eema and finish packing my room up tonight so I can finish the wee bit o' packing to do downstairs tomorrow before the truck is loaded up. Then Monday morning I begin my long drive down. I will NOT be back online for proabably a week, it just depends on when I can get cable/phone internet hooked up (and that will depend on how much it costs).

I will miss you all and please be kind to me while I'm not here to defend myself.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      Here's an important question for mini, since I think you've met about everyone who is taller, me or sky
                      Uh. Hm. Good question. I uh ... didn't measure? D'oh! You're both giants, to me.

Comment

LOL yes, Sky did that. Which is funny really because I - well, I sort of tower over sky in height - but she's got my arm in hers and she's propelling me forward and I'm blanking - gah! I made it through that moment largely due to her and to Julia who was incredible also. I still can't even remember what I said. I was that nervous.
                        LOLOL

i had fun bullying you. We did the poster on sunday right? I'd been able to talk to amanda on saturday, so i'd had my moment to get over htat bit of stage fright so it was easy to just grab you and drag you along.

you were so gobsmacked it was kinda unfair anyway

I can't say that i get giddy in front of any of them anymore. I mean, hell, i sat just inches away from rick and had my arm around his waist while he had his arm around my back...and i was in the middle of an amanda/rick sandwich and managed to get out of it without making an ass of myself

If i can do that, i can do anything

and if i can deal with rick, i can deal with anything. amanda's a piece of cake next to him.

anyone that's afraid they'll get starstruck....amanda won't let you. trust me on this. she knows that you're gonna be nervous so she goes out of her way to keep you from staying nervous.

when she's at cons, she wants to get to know fans, and she can't do that if folks are dumbstruck, so she does all she can to put you at ease.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

you were so gobsmacked it was kinda unfair anyway
                          She was the first celebrity I'd ever been "gobsmacked" by, also. I don't gobsmack easily! (There's a one liner for ya... )

I'm a lot better now, of course. But I still remember that feeling, wondering if she thought I was a total nutcase standing there stammering. But she just smiled, and hugged me and - she's a really good hugger, very genuine - I felt much better after that.

Comment

I mean, hell, i sat just inches away from rick and had my arm around his waist while he had his arm around my back...and i was in the middle of an amanda/rick sandwich and managed to get out of it without making an ass of myself
                            You have photographic proof of this, I assume?

Comment

of course i do. well, not me sitting next to him, cameras were forbidden in the coffee, but i have my pic of me, rick and amanda.

and everytime i look at it i get this giggly feeling

if you can see rick in person, you can see just how much of rick there is in jack.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

of course i do. well, not me sitting next to him, cameras were forbidden in the coffee, but i have my pic of me, rick and amanda.

and everytime i look at it i get this giggly feeling

if you can see rick in person, you can see just how much of rick there is in jack.
                                Yea, I know what you mean, when ever I look at the pics of me with Amanda I get the same feeling
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X