Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
    Yes. That was me. I am a wee bit of a fangirl. And I know I must make it. My roomie at the con (ShimmeringStar) siad several times that I *must* and declared at the end of the weekend that *will* be going.

Pennies are already being saved. That won't be a problem unless this job doesn't work out (again!). I just have to wrangle the time off.
    LOL - Last year at the Vancouver Con my roomie (Kat) keep talking to me about AT2 - I had not been home very long when it worked out that my schedule would allow me to attend. I loved ever minute of my time - my schedule only allowed me to fly over Thursday night and return on Monday but I had such a great time I would do it again in a heart beat. I am hoping the next one will be in either June or July since as long as it is not the first weekend in June I would have the time to go for a longer stay. I'm hoping to visit a few other folks across the pond next time. Yep Frostfox that means you - look forward to some real fish and chips and draft or two or ....
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
      Thanks.

I really do love the character Sam Carter. She and Jack are running neck and neck for my fav SG character.

But I would be soooooo nervous to meet her. I didn't get too nervous in Van except for Michael Shanks. I mean...it's Daniel! Not only do I love that character...he's...uh...HOT. But there is a different level of admiration and fangirliness for SC/AT. I'd be a heck of a lot more nervous. But I hear she is so sweet and genuine..I'm sure she'd make me feel better!
      Ask mini about being nervous first time meeting AT! Amanda puts you right at ease.

Comment

"GABIT Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"

"Samanda Central" All the News that's Fit to Print and then some ...

The Usual Suspects

Fine Dining at the Local Pub ... Guinness Galore

Fish and Chips and Lots of Laughs

The Rowdy Table Next to Us

Just Chillin'

tsaxlady, Strix, CG and Coley

Fond Farewell

"Wasn't that crowd at the Gate a little bit weird?!"
        Last edited by ChopinGal; 31 March 2007, 05:24 PM.

Comment

But I would be soooooo nervous to meet her. I didn't get too nervous in Van except for Michael Shanks. I mean...it's Daniel! Not only do I love that character...he's...uh...HOT. But there is a different level of admiration and fangirliness for SC/AT. I'd be a heck of a lot more nervous. But I hear she is so sweet and genuine..I'm sure she'd make me feel better!
          Nervous...I will be a nervous wrack for sure someone will have to pick me up lol... I mean I think that is normal to be nervous, We are talking about Amanda Tapping...she is for a lot of us a role model so...

I am so certain I want to go and if work cooperates a bit then I will be going...wow I never believed I would ever say that

and Jena I *so* want to meet you, you better be there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

"GABIT Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
            Sorry to repost...but the lady in the middle with the pinkish purple shirt on...whoever that is I am almost positive she was at Vancouver...and possibly on my flight back home. Or I'm a nut.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
              Ask mini about being nervous first time meeting AT! Amanda puts you right at ease.
              Deer.
              In.
              Headlights.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                Nervous...I will be a nervous wrack for sure someone will have to pick me up lol... I mean I think that is normal to be nervous, We are talking about Amanda Tapping...she is for a lot of us a role model so...

I am so certain I want to go and if work cooperates a bit then I will be going...wow I never believed I would ever say that

and Jena I *so* want to meet you, you better be there!!!
                Yeah...nervous...that's me! And for work...just ask off a year in advance. They'll have plenty of time to figure something out.

EVE!!!!!!!!! It would be ABSOLUTELY wonderful to meet you! *hugs*

Comment

Those photos always make me grin goofily at the computer. They are just so full of fun!

Hmm... not only was I born in the wrong decade, but in the wrong hemisphere.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

amanda won't let you get nervous. i swear, she's just as nervous as you are at first, then she gets you to chill out and you relax and y'all can just settle down and have a good time.

the woman has no ego. neither does rick. they have a humility that is very real and very endearing adn they're both just lovely to spend time with.

My impressions? ok, we know that amanda adores the G4. if she didn't, she wouldn't work with them. but they adore her as well back and it's because there's no ego between any of them. there is no 'me actor, kiss my feet'

they all respect each other, they respect the fans and it shows in a lovely atmosphere.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                      Deer.
                      In.
                      Headlights.

you know how to deal with a deer????

just push her in front of amanda and say 'she drew this' and amanda takes care of the rest.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                        Deer.
                        In.
                        Headlights.

I bet! I ended up riding in an elevator with Carmen Argenziano last weekend. I didn't want to look at him cause I didn't want to stare! But I finally turned and looked his way and he was looking right at me. Deer. In. Headlights. I think I smiled? But he was a real sweetheart everytime I ran into him. He called me a beautiful young lady. *blushes*

It's like you meet these people and you realize they really are just people, but you also remember they play people you admire and enjoy watching on television. But out of every actor out there, Amanda is the one I want to meet the most. And out of every character out there...Sam is the one I admire most. So darn it, I need to go to GABIT!

Comment

It's like you meet these people and you realize they really are just people, but you also remember they play people you admire and enjoy watching on television. But out of every actor out there, Amanda is the one I want to meet the most. And out of every character out there...Sam is the one I admire most. So darn it, I need to go to GABIT!
                          SQUEEEEEEE....she did just said she was going right YAY Jena is going to AT3

And you are right about Amanda...she is the one I would love to meet too and Sam is the person I admire the most

SQUEEEEEEE...Jena is going

Oh no bailing out anymore...you are going for sure!!!!

Comment

Here's an important question for mini, since I think you've met about everyone who is taller, me or sky
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Fan-organised con? AT?

*Looks forlorn as she contemplates a) that the most she's ever earned in a month is £490 b) that she'll be working to death in the summer to make up the money she couldn't earn whilst she was doing the MA c) working to pay for the MA d) will (sort of hopefully) be doing placements...*

Though I'm still miffed about missed the London con this year for various reasons- I could have persuaded the girl who introduced me to Gate to come stay and head up to town, might have seen CN (who obviously isn't exactly a regular), little treat after exams...but I wasn't in fandom proper yet and I'm not exactly working properly...
                              sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                you know how to deal with a deer????

just push her in front of amanda and say 'she drew this' and amanda takes care of the rest.
                                Awww! That's so sweet!

(note that I didn't say "cute" )
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X