Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lys View Post
    Dear Samandans,
    It has been brought to my attention (thanks Spaz) that I should go and have a look at this thread on March 22nd.
    I'm sorry I couldn't reply sooner but I wanted to thank you all for your birthday wishes. It's comforting to see that you haven't forgotten me even if I'm not coming here anymore. I'm not even lurking much.
    Real life has been a pain in the mik'ta for me the last six months. Nothing serious but very dull: work, eat, sleep and again work. Problem is that I already had a very demanding job and it became even more demanding when I thought it couldn't be worse. So, I'm guilty of not spending much time anymore on the internet and if I do, I'm not even in the mood for a chat.
    Well, enough of my ramblings, I wanted to tell you all that

Samandans rock!
    I haven't forgotten you. Big hugs to everyone...
    ...and Caeruleum Liquamen for all.

(((Lys)))
    Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
    Yep.
    Spoiler:
    Pics of Daniel, Jacob, Cassie I think, and Jack and Sam fishing are on the set in Weir's office. I have the pic on my camera...so I believe it! I heard it from someone else, and then I saw it and...who knows what this means... We were told AT had already shot a few eps....so...this will be interesting!
    (((Jena)))..you're an angel...bringer of great awesome news!! Thanks Jena!!
    Originally posted by SamCarterFan View Post
    yep, don't you just love her expressions ....
    Spoiler:
    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/2706/21415yzpk6.jpg
    her amused look....

Spoiler:
    http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/323/sgendgame4se9.jpg
    her 'I'm gonna kick your ass' look

Spoiler:
    http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/4954/c062cg0.jpg

Up close and personal...
    Great pics...thanks for posting them!!
    Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    We've got warm weather here today and all the motorcyclists are out. Can't help but think of Sam and her bikes. Anyone have a shot of Sam with her helmet?

And yes, AT's very expressive. You get the sense that the character is thinking, not that the actor is waiting for her turn to say her line.
    When we had our recent weekend away there were hundreds of motorbikes out on the roads. And the Indian motorcycle club were out and about up at Bright...there were so many Indians and of course who's the first person that comes to mind...Sam of course!!
    But they really are beautiful bikes IMHO!!
    Originally posted by SamCarterRocks View Post
    Hey guys...!!!
    Well, i have to admit that i haven't been here a while and, well because of the unfortunate passing of my grand-father i haven't been on for in a LONG TIME!! and i'm completely lost,,
    So if you guys don't mind i'll start from here..
    Hope everyone is good !!!
    (((SCR)))...Ive been away too so I'm gonna make it quick...won't be catching up...too many posts!!
    Originally posted by tagger View Post

Motorcycles? Scared to death of them.

((Chelle)) - hope you are ok.

Welcome back to everyone who hasn't been here for a while! And welcome to all the newcomers!
    I love motorbikes...just some of the riders are a bit rude and reckless.
    I'm doing better thanks tagger...it takes a while for me to get ack to normal after an attack...it literally drains me...but I am much better today...just rang the doctors...all tests came back clean...yay!!
    Originally posted by SamFan31 View Post
    Here's a little vid I came across tonight and is for those of us who remember "Cagney & Lacey". That might sound OT, but it isn't.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WCX7Q2ObimQ
    Holy Hannah...that was great...I was surprised to see it on youtube though...thank you for the link!
    Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
    Now that was funny! I'm actually going to credit Joe here with a witty response and a well done in handling that post.
    Hehehe...that was great...well handled indeed!!
    Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    Ok totally OT-ness:

Spoiler:
    Tomorrow I am going to London for a day and I am deadly nervous. I haven't been there since I was 8 or so...I always wanted to go again but never get over the fact that I needed to fly or take a boat or a train...So my mom kind of said we were going and she booked the Eurostar(train) tickets for us and tomorrow I will be spending 2 hours on a train. I mean for me that is like the biggest step ever. I know I'll panick cause I am afraid in trains, busses, trams, everything that has a closed and small space so...But I will be so happy if I get there...that I finally can see London...it means a lot to me and i know if I can do that now...I will hopefully be able to do that again in 2008 to go to AT3...Although then I will probably have to sit alone on that train for 2 hours... that will be another task...
    The only thing is I will probably not sleep tonight or so cause I am already way to nervous...But I think it is a good kind of nervousness...I hope so though...
    Oh hey Eve...sorry I missed your big trip...how did it go???...I still hope you can make it to AT4...whenever that will be...but then we'll be able to go together!!
    Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
    I am back from Vancouver and it was the most awesome trip. I still can't believe I went.

I met Major Sam at the ADB screening, she was very nice! Also, Donamac was around too and I spent some time with this lovely lady! I met Starrgazer as well! We had a fabulous time chatting!! Too tired to type more...night!
    Woohoo Jena...WTG...glad you had a great time and happy to see you home safe and sound!!
    Originally posted by -fallen-one- View Post
    Errr... where do i sign to get here?
    Welcome to the thread fallen one and Meriwyn!!

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    i was going to use ieatsmallpuppies - but then i thought, some crazy vegan is going to start stalking me all over the internet if i do that, so i chickened out.

(ps-> if you are vegan and you are offended by this post, please note that i said 'crazy vegan'. should you also be crazy, then your offense is immaterial to this conversation anyhow - buzz off - your tofu is burning).
    LOL....I just stuck with my name from here coz it's also my RL name...chelle db..boring but that's me!!
    Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
    I didn't use my GW name because, as others have stated, I didn't feel it felt right over on the Sanctuary site. So I simply chose Kat. A bit boring, but it does the job.
    Should I be changing my name then??

Hi ho all...hope everyone is well. Been a weird week so I'm attempting to get some normalacy happening here...if there is such a thing!!
    Not sure what I have missed...hopefully nothing much...seen the trailer for Sanctuary...I really don't want to wait til its released but alas that is how it is!
    Take care everyone, be safe, stay happy and hug your loved ones!
    (((Samandans!!)))

(Just got my copy of the Vagina Monologues today...is looking forward to reading it!!)
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Crickey...page 2 guys...where is everybody???
      Got a wee favour to ask...does anyone have a really cute, sweet lovely girlie picture of either Sam and Janet or Amanda and Teryl?? I would really be so grateful if you couod share with me. Thank you!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        what i meant by 'real' fan was like you said, a 'genuine' one. if this person really did dig sam carter, then losing one of their faves and having another so-called one come in shouldn't make them suddenly hate the character that they dug. or maybe the fan meant she liked sam, but wasn't really a 'fan' of hers?
        It was just one of the loud-mouthed haters trying another tack to cause trouble.

Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
        NZ I think a spreadsheet is a good idea. Or one of those charts with little bubbles in it linking people to other people.
        Hello,my name is scarimor, and I think I'm bubbled with minigeek. Or maybe Mandy... or maybe both. Thanks to this thread, I've lost track of who's bubbling who these days.
        scarimor

Comment

I also didn't use my GW name on the Sanctuary forum. It does sound kind of out of place so I just went with my real name, which is Tamara in case you run across me on the Sanctuary forum

I saw the 2 minute trailer and I really can't wait to see it, this kind of film is so totally my genre! I love it and it having Amanda just takes it to a whole new level. BRING ON THE GOOD STUFF.
          : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
          Geeky : Oh brother...
          : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterFan View Post
            I also didn't use my GW name on the Sanctuary forum. It does sound kind of out of place so I just went with my real name, which is Tamara in case you run across me on the Sanctuary forum

I saw the 2 minute trailer and I really can't wait to see it, this kind of film is so totally my genre! I love it and it having Amanda just takes it to a whole new level. BRING ON THE GOOD STUFF.
            I've decided to go really cryptic on the Sanctuary site, so my username is... Wibbling. I think that should fox people.....
            "Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage," William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
              A plea to our Canadian friends.

Star TV is reshowing the Inside Stargate SG-1 special on April 11:
              6:30 AMStar! Inside: Stargate SG-1 [CC]
              Star! Inside worms it's way onto the set of Stargate and speaks with the entire top-secret air force team about life behind the scenes. Richard Dean Anderson who plays Colonel "Jack" O'Neill tells us how he landed such a great role while Amanda Tapping gives us a grand tour of the compound.

Can someone record and post?

PWEASE!?
              I'll try to remember, assuming I get Star TV. Can't remember if that's a freebie part of my digital.

Sio
              Pixie's Haven

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I also joined the Sanctuary site yesterday, its fantastic but I should have used a different user name does anyone know if I would be able to change it? Or am I stuck with it?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                  Haha! I just rewatched that scene the other day. I love that part too.

Yep, loved AT/Sam in it.
                  Spoiler:
                  The "Holy Hannah" and the "I was totally bluffing" parts were great, for sure.

Now, I could be wrong, but didn't DK write that episode?
                  I don't know who wrote it but that was hilarious !!

ETA: Cool AT vids (not music vids) I hadn't seen before last night...

French City Con

News Coverage of Burbank Con 2004 <--- It's funny, but beware - it skips like mad

British Show, The Claw showreal with two young guys as the hosts. <--- This may have been posted before...
                  Thanks for the links, I hadn't seen the Burbank video before.

As for the clip from the French Convention, I was so not part of this mad, cheering crowd Hey every single time I watch this clip I either got this huge silly grin or laugh again, that's such a great memory, thanks for making me watch it again lol it's a very good way to begin the day !!
                  Plus as usual all the memories from my 1st meeting with Amanda / 1st convention come back...
                  I don't think I'll be very concentrate in class this morning

WOHOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

(((Samanda))))

Oh and Eve, I forgot to show you this GIF
                  Spoiler:

Oh that scene... it made me love this character at 1st sight
                  sigpic

Comment

kids, DO NOT BUMP

if you want to bump the page up, post something worthwhile, dont' just bump
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

So Amanda, et al should be coming back today. I bet she's looking forward to hugging Olivia (and Alan). LOL. Bet she called dibbs on a hot shower at their first stop in Alaska.

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone!! Everyone on these forums is so nice, it's a great place to come when you're down or lonely and itching to talk about your favorite show!

Anyway, I've noticed people can leave private "comments" when you look at your "find all posts" screen. How can you do that? I feel like a jerk for just discovering them and not answering any of them hahaha.
                        sigpic

Comment

Driveby...

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Ooh lovely
                            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post

She is so pretty in that picture. I want to be her when I grow up.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meriwyn View Post
                                Thanks for all the welcomes everyone!! Everyone on these forums is so nice, it's a great place to come when you're down or lonely and itching to talk about your favorite show!

Anyway, I've noticed people can leave private "comments" when you look at your "find all posts" screen. How can you do that? I feel like a jerk for just discovering them and not answering any of them hahaha.
                                Hey Meri! If someone hasn't gotten to you before me, just go to "List Messages," and it'll give you an opportunity to see what you've gotten and who sent them to you. "Reply", as it is in a post on the forum, is at the bottom of the message.

Comment

Working...
                                X