Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
    Now, since we are going for balance here. Let's all share our favorite Sam moment for Season 1 (then we can do 2, 3, 4, so on). Yes, I know we've done this before, but let's do it again.

Mine was at the end of Emancipation where she kicked her captor's butt! I think it set the stage for Soldier Sam better than anything else (even better than the "just because my sexual organs are on the inside" comment from the pilot).
    Tough question.

I've got so many favourite Sam moments for Season One that its hard to choose - Sam fighting Turghan, Sam leading the defence against Hathor, Sam returning to the bunker to be with Cassie and Sam taking care of Jack in Antarctica are all favourites but the one that really stands out in my mind at the moment is the expression on her face when she first saw the stargate.

I think that Sam, more that any character, has been able to hold on to some of that sense of wonder, despite all she has seen over the years.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        ok, story wise, tagger and i are up - gimme some time please, i haven't had time to read the last 2 chapters yet

then strix
        oobs
        chopin
        gategirl

You two can switch if you want. You have plenty of time to work it out and see who wants to go after oobs

as to how long it takes....it takes as long as it takes, but for the sake of finish the story, i'td be good if you could definitely get it done in less than a week.

each fork is 1000 words, which is about 2 pages or so, so it's really not all that long.

If folks end up wiht needing more time, maybe 2-3 can work together and combine their quota to have a really long chapter with three authors. I haven't cleared this with kamil but i doubt he'll mind. I think the main reason for the 1000 word limit is to keep one person from monopolizing the whole thing

as to when to celebrate new years...well it is already 2007 over in aussie land

we'll have a 24 hour celebration, cause that's about how l ong it'll last

eta: scifithinkier, did i see you volunteering???
        Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
        I can't tell you exactly which posts this comment refers to, but...

The first link posted here on Samanda didn't work for me (and I got confused on the site itself), but the second link did. I would suggest trying another link. They're sprinkled about on this thread.

Question, folks. By folks, I mean Sky, I think. As far as the story is concerned, if we pick up a part, how fast does it have to go up? I'm not as speedy as some of the masterminds here.

*takes a deep breath* Sign me up for a part, Sky.

Yeppers. Throw me into the mix.
        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

ok, story wise, tagger and i are up - gimme some time please, i haven't had time to read the last 2 chapters yet

then strix
          oobs
          chopin
          gategirl

You two can switch if you want. You have plenty of time to work it out and see who wants to go after oobs

as to how long it takes....it takes as long as it takes, but for the sake of finish the story, i'td be good if you could definitely get it done in less than a week.

each fork is 1000 words, which is about 2 pages or so, so it's really not all that long.

If folks end up wiht needing more time, maybe 2-3 can work together and combine their quota to have a really long chapter with three authors. I haven't cleared this with kamil but i doubt he'll mind. I think the main reason for the 1000 word limit is to keep one person from monopolizing the whole thing

as to when to celebrate new years...well it is already 2007 over in aussie land

we'll have a 24 hour celebration, cause that's about how l ong it'll last

eta: scifithinkier, did i see you volunteering???
          Have you a link to the story? Are there any special guidelines for submitting chapters?

Comment

check here
            http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts/StoryStream

and you should see it

ok, chopin, gategirl, scifithinker, you guys wanna work out the order after oober please.

I'll read up and get at tagger and have us start working on our part before we hand it over to strix
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

check here
              http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts/StoryStream

and you should see it

ok, chopin, gategirl, scifithinker, you guys wanna work out the order after oober please.

I'll read up and get at tagger and have us start working on our part before we hand it over to strix
              How do I sign up to write a chapter/installment?

Comment

Go on, then. 1000 words can't hurt, right? And I'm sure that there's a good writer to follow me who can fix all the stuff I mess up.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                  How do I sign up to write a chapter/installment?
                  just call dibs here

we're making a list

tagger and i are next

then

strix
                  oobs

chopin/gategirl/scifithinker in an order yet to be determined

you can be after them if you like

we're calling dibs inhere, then announcing when the next part is up, kamil is also announcing when it's posted, then tagging the next person on the list

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                    Go on, then. 1000 words can't hurt, right? And I'm sure that there's a good writer to follow me who can fix all the stuff I mess up.
                    exactly!!

by that i mean 1000 words is nothing. maybe two pages.

if you don't want to mess with the plot, just describe the surroundings at the time. what does it look like, sound like, smell like, paint a picture for the reader

sigpic

Comment

julia wants another chapter too

so

tagger/skydiver - now writing
                      strix
                      oobs

chopin
                      gategirl
                      scifi thinker

tracy jane
                      julia
                      reganX

That sound good for folks?

And if you want to switch off amongst yourselves - swap places, that's fine. as long as the story keeps moving

sigpic

Comment

just call dibs here

we're making a list

tagger and i are next

then

strix
                        oobs

we're calling dibs inhere, then announcing when the next part is up, kamil is also announcing when it's posted, then tagging the next person on the list
                        CG and GG, may I go after Her Ooooberness?

Ironically enough, I will be taking a class in Creative Writing which starts soon.
                        Last edited by scifithinker; 31 December 2006, 09:03 AM. Reason: I need that class since I can't seem to keep my tenses straight.
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

just call dibs here

we're making a list

tagger and i are next

then

strix
                          oobs

Sounds good to me. Will I need to get the part I write betaed?

Comment

you can proof it yourself or pass it on to any one of us to take a look at

i'll be happy to give it the once over for spelling boo-boo's and the like

sigpic

Comment

*blushes* advance apologies to Julia.
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                                LOL! Now that you mention it, I do remember hearing that on the radio on Friday! I think 400 some ST fans from around the world were going to accompany 2 floats, weren't they?

Oh yeah, they'd all (Teal'c, Dan, Cam, a slightly disinterested Vala) be sitting around Sam's living room watching it and critiquing the parade and enjoying Teal'c's budding cooking skills...

This year's parade will feature a "Star Wars Spectacular," including a pair of floats inspired by the films and a 200-member marching unit from the 501st Legion. When Lucas had the idea for a Star Wars float in the Rose Parade, an open audition call went out to 501st members. Lucasfilm received 700 videos from costumed fans who filmed themselves marching. These were narrowed down to 200 participants, and Lucasfilm is flying those members in from across the nation and around the world, with 22 countries and 36 states represented. The 176-member Grambling State University marching band will from Louisiana will accompany the 501st with music from the films.

Click here for full article on Rose Parade Star Wars Spectacular

See I think Sam will surprise Teal'c and the team will take a little trip to Pasadena and have a nice spot on Colorado Blvd for the parade.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X