Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    True, but as an actor Amanda could have gone to the writer or the director and asked 'Ok, so what is my motivation here? Are Sam and Orlin in an intimate relationship after the whole glow-me thing?? And they could have stated at the time that there was no real relationship between Sam and Orlin which is how Amanda would have portrayed it. I saw her as caring for Orlin a great deal, but not being in an intimate relationship with him. I mean come on, if Sam had been in a physical relationship with this man, don't you think we would have seen tears or something a bit more than shock when he ascended? I believe Sam was interested in Orlin and had they had more time together her feelings probably would have developed into something deeper, but I think people put too much assumption in that Sam feels as deeply for her admirers than she truly does. Which is why it bothers me when fans suggest that Orlin, Martouf and Narim were Sam's boyfriends. Just because you show an interest in someone doesn't automatically mean you are dating or you're a couple. Hell if that were the case, RDA and I have been a couple for years( ok, so the interest is only one-sided in our case, but you get the point. )

well in that case i can't believe he's cheating on me with you! this is just great. first teal'c and nyan, and now you and RDA.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      well in that case i can't believe he's cheating on me with you! this is just great. first teal'c and nyan, and now you and RDA.
      Now ladies, let's be dignified here. Everyone knows he's with me.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        that intercontinental tramp! all right, i'll give him 1 more chance, but after that i'm only giving him 1 more chance.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          uh, hello! i LIVE with him (in the same LA county)! he loves ME (or he will as soon as he meets me)! he wants me (to leave him alone prob, but... )!

rda is MINE!! (as i have to say to my mom every.single.day)

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            Maybe it sells to the teenage boys...but haven't TPTB realized their fan base is much more broad?
            I wish they would, but I don't think they have figured it out yet.

Comment

Any word from Shore Leave yet?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                Any word from Shore Leave yet?

Nell left a quick post on the S/J board. Not much to report yet!

Comment

Ok, so the Thelma and Louise do Outer Space ficathon stories have been posted. Basically, it was a multi-fandom, female character friendship ficathon. And there have been some bloody good fic with Sam in them

Of Belonging to Another, by Isabelle is basically about the 'Ex-Host's club'. Sam, Vala and Sarah Gardner dealing with their blendings. Excellent Sam and Vala stuff, and the inclusion of Sarah is icing on the cake. Very good story.

Scotoma, by rydra_wrong is a Sha're story. She's rescued during s6 (ie wasn't killed in s3), and the fic deals with her coping with her adjustment to being free of Amuanet. Sam (and Janet) are there to help her along, and there is some very good interaction between Sha're and Sam especially.

Anarchists Invaded, by Voleuse. Sam and Vala, developing friendship and fun

Ordinary World, by sarahjane is a Sam and Aeryn Sun (SG1/Farscape) fic. Sam and Aeryn rock climbing, and Aeryn angst. I haven't really been into Farscape much, so most of this fic is lost on me, but it is very well written.

Along came a spider, by liminalliz. It's a Stargate/Firefly crossover, with RepliCarter coming across the Serenity and more specifically RepliCarter and River.

Comment

Thanks for the fics, Agent Dark. I bookmarked them for later. Goodnight all!

Comment

ok, wanting to weigh in on the Orlin topic here. My take is this intaminte has more than one meaning
                      Definition:
                      1,close: having, involving, or resulting from a close personal relationship
                      2,cozy: quiet and private or secluded, enabling people to feel relaxed with each other
                      3,private and personal as to be kept secret or discussed only with a close friend or relative
                      4,very great and detailed as a result of extensive study or close experience
                      and of course sexual.

But although I was surprised the intamated to her releationship in that way, I would be more likely to assume it was not sexual, close personal friends yes but you can say she has a intaminte w/Daniel, T'ealc etc...
                      + = REAL SHIP NEEDED IN 10 + =

Comment

let's keep the amanda voting going! go here and help her out.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Fly-by post!!!

Another note from Baltimore and Shore Leave:

Hubby and I arrived last night and found a covey of Gateworlders in the lobby getting acquainted. We quickly joined them.....meeting trupi, tsaxlady, ForeverSG1, dancer of spaz, SG1Poz, Jumper13 and Spacemonkey 52.

Today, most of us took the Metro Train down to the beautiful Baltimore waterfront, then came back to the convention area to meet the rest of the Gateworlders for our dinner at Panera Bread. There, we also met Skydiver, nell, LOL4JACK, WhatFateAlmondRoca, sugarshaker, ShimmeringStar, sacme, Dani76, simhavaktra, veryangrystargatefan, and more! Most of us then went to see a movie before returning to our respective hotels. I'm trying to get to bed before the middle of the night, so after a short visit with LOL4JACK and nell, I was getting ready to head back to my room when trupi called to tell us that Amanda, Alan and Olivia had just checked into the main hotel...and they had seen them go through the lobby. Of course, that caused lots of excitement, and those of us who didn't go over were sorry we hadn't. But we're all looking forward to Saturday morning...the sessions...and our photo op with Amanda, Carmen and Corin!

So that's it for the short report from Shore Leave. We should have more news, and maybe a picture or two, tomorrow.

Oh, yes.....since this a multi-fandom event.....I had a surreal Star Trek experience this morning when a guy in full Klingon garb walked into the lobby of our hotel. Strange.....

Holy Hannah!!! Majorsal has gone over 7,000 posts! Congratulations, sweetie!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            I'm trying to get to bed before the middle of the night, so after a short visit with LOL4JACK and nell, I was getting ready to head back to my room when trupi called to tell us that Amanda, Alan and Olivia had just checked into the main hotel...and they had seen them go through the lobby. Of course, that caused lots of excitement, and those of us who didn't go over were sorry we hadn't.
                            You get to see Amanda!!!!!! I'm SO excited just hearing about it, I think I'll just explode if she shows up at Vancouver Con!

I know she's just a normal person, but it's kind of weird hearing she checked into a hotel with her family. It's such a mundane thing, you know? In a way, it makes her more real, if that makes any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                              You get to see Amanda!!!!!! I'm SO excited just hearing about it, I think I'll just explode if she shows up at Vancouver Con!

I know she's just a normal person, but it's kind of weird hearing she checked into a hotel with her family. It's such a mundane thing, you know? In a way, it makes her more real, if that makes any sense.
                              But see...her ultimate coolness is due in part to her sheer normalcy.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

...And the results for the Season Three Poll are...

Jolinar’s Memories,
                                The Devil You Know

and

Foothold

These three episodes were the episodes with the most votes
                                for Favorite/Most Memorable AT acting scenes.

Results of Season 3 Poll + posted comments
                                Results of Season 2 Poll + posted comments
                                Results of Season 1 Poll + posted comments

Many Thanks to all who voted

Comment

Working...
                                X