Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kamjul View Post
    Yes, what a great idea to continue that story! ShimmeringStar, could you please resend it to me? For some reason, I never got your part in my email. Not sure why. The [email protected] sure works, I receive lots of emails on it daily.

It's not that I haven't acted on it, I just never received it.

Also, I will change the title of the story, so it's more obvious to you that that's the story.

Thanks for contributing to this.
    Kamil
    I know which story it is, it's just that the site won't let many of us add to it directly.

Have e-mailed a WORD attachment to you again. Got the "Re: Your email requires verification verify" e-mail back from your site and replied back to it to prove I'm not spam... Hope you're able to get it this time.

*giggles* Otherwise... I'm just spam...
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      how about this....some slight organization. Since kamil pops his head in here, he can help keep us up to date.

he'll put up SS's chapter. Then the next person that wants to write calls dibs. they do thier thing, e-mails it to kamil, tells us that it's been e-mailed. then the next person calls dibs, etc, etc, etc.

the only snafu that can come up is if someone outside this site decides to join in, but given the holidays and that no one else has, i don't think that's too much of a chance.

we'll organize ourselves and take turns calling dibs and the like and see if we can get this done, oh maybe by the end of january for a valentine's gift?????

I'm not officially setting a deadline, cause that's not my place, i'm just putting forth a suggestion.

as soon as SS's fork is up, she or kamil can let us know, someone else can call dibs on the next one and we'll go from there

How's that strike y'all???
      It'll be about time for some smiting or whumpage in the story.... Strix? Scari?
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Yes it looks like we are facing another case involving the Noodle of Doom

You mean she was warned and she still did it?
        sigpic

Comment

He so deserves a wet noodle of doom.
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
            It'll be about time for some smiting or whumpage in the story.... Strix? Scari?
            Whumpage!?

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
              So now it would be better to await your part of the fork before adding but as in any round robin, and that's essentialy what this is, there's always the chance of someone doubling up with the same take-off. Is there anyway someone can call dibbs on the next part/fork beforehand?
              That was my concern too ... maybe JuliaR or Kamil will provide the solution in a week or two.

Comment

how about this....some slight organization. Since kamil pops his head in here, he can help keep us up to date.

he'll put up SS's chapter. Then the next person that wants to write calls dibs. they do thier thing, e-mails it to kamil, tells us that it's been e-mailed. then the next person calls dibs, etc, etc, etc.

the only snafu that can come up is if someone outside this site decides to join in, but given the holidays and that no one else has, i don't think that's too much of a chance.

we'll organize ourselves and take turns calling dibs and the like and see if we can get this done, oh maybe by the end of january for a valentine's gift?????

I'm not officially setting a deadline, cause that's not my place, i'm just putting forth a suggestion.

as soon as SS's fork is up, she or kamil can let us know, someone else can call dibs on the next one and we'll go from there

How's that strike y'all???
                Sounds like a good plan, a solution because unless we all agree to read the previous chapter and then volunteer for the next, I think we'd just be spinning our wheels. There has to be some internal structure built in. The story has to be cohesive ... eh?!

Kamil can let us know who has "claimed" the next chapter and then that person can proceed and post and next person steps up to the plate ...

I think you've framed it, Sky. Feedback from others?

Comment

Yes, I did say "Noodles of Doom!"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                    I know which story it is, it's just that the site won't let many of us add to it directly.

Have e-mailed a WORD attachment to you again. Got the "Re: Your email requires verification verify" e-mail back from your site and replied back to it to prove I'm not spam... Hope you're able to get it this time.

*giggles* Otherwise... I'm just spam...
                    That's you ShimmeringStar...hamming it up.

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

he's my favorite too.

first doctor i watched and always the 'real' one to me

I enjoy #9 and #10 and really like the newest incarnatino of the show. but Tom Baker is always gonna be the Doctor to me
                      So true, Sky, so true!
                      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                      Hic Comitas Regit
                      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

He so deserves a wet noodle of doom.
                        that's a cute expression on sam's face. what's going on right then to make her have it?

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          that's a cute expression on sam's face. what's going on right then to make her have it?

sally
                          I don't really know Sally, I got the pic from JanSam
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                            Okay.

I can see J/T, T/C (I'm guessing Carter), D/C and Janet/C...

But please...by all that is round and kawooshing...tell me you're joking...

Hammond/Thor?!??

The mental images...oh how they BURN!

See, and Hammond/Thor was the only one I could see....oh, well.
                            Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                            Sounds like a good plan, a solution because unless we all agree to read the previous chapter and then volunteer for the next, I think we'd just be spinning our wheels. There has to be some internal structure built in. The story has to be cohesive ... eh?!

Kamil can let us know who has "claimed" the next chapter and then that person can proceed and post and next person steps up to the plate ...

I think you've framed it, Sky. Feedback from others?
                            I love this idea! I've tried my hand at fanfic a few times, but my Sam never seems right so I don't finish my stories. Maybe I could add a chapter since it will be a continuation it will be easier to keep Sam in character. This could work.

O.K., after a bit of prodding, I'm gonna post the Sam/Jack moment hubby and I shared yesterday. I posted it on the S/J ship thread, but I wasn't gonna post it here. Read at your own risk.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=64027

After hubby found out that I posted this story, he decided that maybe he didn't want to go to another convention afterall. He was a bit embarrassed. I'm not worried. He really wants to meet Amanda, so he'll come with me. If not, that's o.k. I'll have more time to hang out with you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              sally
                              Not positive Sally but I know it if from "The Quest" and I think it is after the scanner has stopped working and Vala says they way out is "back that way".
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I
                                Ok, i'm flashing back to mini's poster and how thrilled amanda was with it. And it wasn't just because it was something gorgous that a fan had made for her - no offense mini, it was a beautiful work of art and i'm jealous that AT gets to hang that master piece on her wall - it was because it was from US. as in all of us. every single person that sent in a note was part of the gift. So it truly represented this forum/list and the other lists those folks belong to, as well as representing her fans.
                                No offense taken, of course. The artwork on that poster was incidental; it was the handwritten messages which made it special. It was those messages which were the heart and soul of the gift.

To be honest, I would think any effort to gather special heartfelt [creative or otherwise evokative] contributions from the multitude of Amanda's fans would be special to her (I imagine so at any rate). So I think your idea is really great, Sky.

On a beautiful but slightly OT note, a friend of mine's first baby boy was born in the early morning of December 26th here. Perfect in every way, his new son's name is Conner Steven Elliott Payne and he weighed a healthy 7lbs (and a bit!). I thought it was rather karmic and beautiful that one of his son's middle names also happened to be Steven, so I asked his permission to share their news here with you all. A coincidence which I think in some ways, represents how eternal the circle of life really is.

Love to everyone,
                                mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X