Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
    Weee! I'm channeled!

Even worse...did anyone else pick up on the possibility that she uses Firefox? I mean she said she saved it to a bookmark toolbar. Firefox has that but to my knowledge, even the brank spankin' new craptastic IE 7 doesn't have that yet.

Not that I harbor any ill feelings to that tragic excuse for a browser or anything. Nosiree.

PS...I sent you a PM last night MG...one with a link...did you get it???
    I thought exactly the same thing actually lol...I finally was able to listen to it after reading it And I have to say Sky...you have a great voice although you do speak fast...Was I happy I could follow with the text...but your voice is really nice And GREAT interview...I enjoyed it very much...
    Btw was anyone else sad at the end?? I mean when she talked in the past tense about the crew... It really is the end eh

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
    Oh don't let Sam see you say that!

Oh too late....
    Sam: What?!? Jack you can not be honestly suggest that...

Sam:There is NO WAY you can use my computer

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    For those of you who come directly to the forum (me, me, me) there is now a new GateWorld poll up for "Which SG-1 character would you most want to see STAR in a new show?"

So everyone, off you go to vote. Remembering of course that Sam's a great character
    I voted Although I am not 100 % sure I want her in the new serie though...depends on how they write her...I mean if they write her back as she was in the earlier season...Yes please go ahead...if they write her like in season 9 and also a bit of season 10...I am afraid...But still I will watch it if only to see Amanda act...
    Although now I re-read the question I might have interpreted it wrong...I thought they were talking about the new serie...D'oh...
    Well if it is a new show...then AMANDA Cause she will do great no matter what!!!

Comment

You guys have WAY too much fun while I'm sleeping. Perhaps, much like Eve, I should just give it up altogether OR move to your side of the world... except... it's 15.30 here soooo that makes it 4 and a half hours and counting until The Quest 2...

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
      Well, Amanda has told us her favorite parts of episode 200, so what is everyone else's favorite Sam moment in 200? I loved
      Spoiler:
      Chianna! Amanda rocked at it, and even though the wedding wasn't real I enjoyed it, too.
      Spoiler:
      I loved the Star Trek bit, and Jack's invisibility most.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      the ram does the rom and the dvd drive emulates the cd drive while the cpu talks to the usb and the IDE is attached to the mother board
      In the middle of the (my) night, I woke up because there was a giant bang outside. After reading the banter I'm now fairly, one hundred percent sure that that was the sound of Mandy's head exploding.
      sigpic

Comment

lolol, poor mandy
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
          Yeah but no one asked the question that BEGGED to be asked. The void left by not asking "if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?" was palpable.
          And you know, that was going to be my original question for Amanda

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post

In the middle of the (my) night, I woke up because there was a giant bang outside. After reading the banter I'm now fairly, one hundred percent sure that that was the sound of Mandy's head exploding.
          Got a band-aid MegYn
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
            GRRRR. NOW they realize they screwed up? NOW they bat their eyes innocently and say:

Sheesh.

Thanks for link, at least scifi seems to be seeing the error of their ways...

For me, one of the draws of SG1 was the fact that it was family level viewing - my daughter and I could safely watch it together, and my daughter could also see a strong, smart, kind female character without the obligatory bed scenes and over the top violence.

Now we don't watch scifi at all - too dark and broody. IMHO, of course.

I agree. Here where I live, Stargate has been shown at 7pm for several years now so it was definitely considered a family show and over the years there have only been a few episodes that I felt were much too graphic for my children to watch -- Abyss being one. I also prewatched all the episodes before I allowed my daughter to view them. However everything changed in season nine. I felt that the sexual innuendo's and extreme graphic violence -- Vala burned at the stake -- was way too much so I just stopped allowing her to watch.

As a parent, I understand that SG-1 is/was an adult show set around a military environment therefore it was bound to be violence involved, but I always thought SG-1 did a rather good job at keeping it all balanced with episodes that our entire family could enjoy. My husband is an advid watcher of Battlestar and while I've tried to get interested myself, I just think it's sad that Sci-Fi and television in general seem to think that extremely sex and violence are the only forms of entertainment these days.

I just chalk it up as some shows were not meant to be seen by children, which is the case with BS, CSI or 24, and why they shouldn't be aired before 9pm in my opinion. Personally, if SG-1 had always been intended to be in this category, then Sci-Fi should never have aired it during family viewing time.

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
              Heh, Canada is the beaver...

What does it say about NZ that we are a small, nocturnal, nearly completely blind, flightless bird?
              My respect for kiwis went way up after watching one try to kick the crap out of a zookeeper at the National zoo. Don't **** with kiwis!

My LJ

Comment

Sorry to bother you, but I just stopped by to lurk, and get a daily dose of Amanada. Just wanted to say hi........miss you all.
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I made a bunch of buttons and set up a cafepress shop a long time ago, but I don't advertise it. It's just stuff I've made for myself and friends, but if anyone is interested in using any of them they are more than welcome. The prices are just what Cafepress charges to make the items.

Samanda Button

Theoretically Speaking

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                    I agree. Here where I live, Stargate has been shown at 7pm for several years now so it was definitely considered a family show and over the years there have only been a few episodes that I felt were much too graphic for my children to watch -- Abyss being one. I also prewatched all the episodes before I allowed my daughter to view them. However everything changed in season nine. I felt that the sexual innuendo's and extreme graphic violence -- Vala burned at the stake -- was way too much so I just stopped allowing her to watch.

As a parent, I understand that SG-1 is/was an adult show set around a military environment therefore it was bound to be violence involved, but I always thought SG-1 did a rather good job at keeping it all balanced with episodes that our entire family could enjoy. My husband is an advid watcher of Battlestar and while I've tried to get interested myself, I just think it's sad that Sci-Fi and television in general seem to think that extremely sex and violence are the only forms of entertainment these days.

I just chalk it up as some shows were not meant to be seen by children, which is the case with BS, CSI or 24, and why they shouldn't be aired before 9pm in my opinion. Personally, if SG-1 had always been intended to be in this category, then Sci-Fi should never have aired it during family viewing time.
                    I agree with you. Even when SG1 would get into darker subject matter there was always a balance, usually humor, to keep it from being too dark. Now that the humor has become primarily inuendo it isn't as safe for children. Even Chimera's bedroom scene wasn't graphic, and it was an opportunity (after holding my hand over her eyes for the entire length of the scene) to talk to my daughter about how a woman should and should not be treated and how even strong women don't always make the wisest choices in the romance department. (Um, I'm a shipper, so of course I didn't like Pete. The fight after sex and the stalking just sealed it for me.) Obviously, she watched it in syndication and only a few months ago. My kids are 8, and they still have watched very little of season 9 (son just didn't like it at all). I have let them watch season 10, but there have been many scenes that they had to close eyes, leave room, or we had to fastforward. Some episodes of SGA are more violent, and the kids don't get to watch those episodes at all. We wouldn't dream of letting the kids watch even 5 minutes of BSG, yet it was on in the early time slot for its first 10 episodes this season. I hope that SciFi chooses to put some family friendly stuff on in the earlier slots, and I really, really hope that Amanda's new show is among them. Of course, hubby and I'll still watch if it isn't so family friendly (hey, we still watch BSG), but it would mean a weekly war with my little girl when we say she can't watch it. Obviously, if Vaniel is the new series hubby and I may watch, but the children will not (at least until we've screened it properly).

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                      Orgy!!!

Now we're talking!

Naquada Noodle of Doom. Naquada Noodle of Doom. Naquada Noodle of Doom. It works.
                      Ok, now I'm shaking with laughter. My chest already hurts from coughing.

Wot, ya mean you're not a fruit?
                      Heh. When I first started using the internet when I was 11 or 12, my username for everything was little spotted kiwi. Everyone thought I was refering to the fruit! I got some really clever comments such as, "really? I'm a big rotten banana."

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                      My respect for kiwis went way up after watching one try to kick the crap out of a zookeeper at the National zoo. Don't **** with kiwis!
                      Word!
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Got a band-aid MegYn
                        Yuh. I'm a girl scout, I'm always prepared ... however they do have little penguins on them
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi to all Samandans!

I hadn't dropped by for awhile and when I did, I noticed that there are lots of folks posting here that I don't recognize. -It's great to see the Sam Thread still going so strong.

For anyone who is interested, and/or hasn't seen them before, here are a few links to some of the 'Thread Collections'

The
                          Welcome To My World Collection
                          Volume 2 of the SaGC Collection
                          - a pdf collection of comments, posts and photographic artwork
                          from the Sam's A Great Character Thread

The SaGC Collection, Volume 1

Directory Page

Comment

and so it begins! mmmm, new episode....

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post
                              Hi to all Samandans!

I hadn't dropped by for awhile and when I did, I noticed that there are lots of folks posting here that I don't recognize. -It's great to see the Sam Thread still going so strong.

For anyone who is interested, and/or hasn't seen them before, here are a few links to some of the 'Thread Collections'

The
                              Welcome To My World Collection
                              Volume 2 of the SaGC Collection

The SaGC Collection, Volume 1

Directory Page
                              Awesome! Thank you very much!

Comment

Same here. I've yet to encounter someone I can't understand.
                                Incredible.

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                                Originally posted by scarimor
                                Wot, ya mean you're not a fruit?
                                Heh. When I first started using the internet when I was 11 or 12, my username for everything was little spotted kiwi. Everyone thought I was refering to the fruit! I got some really clever comments such as, "really? I'm a big rotten banana."
                                Yes, how stupid we are for getting confused by the marketers' decision to rename the fruit after your country's national bird.

Comment

Working...
                                X