Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    I'm too lazy to go searching for my first post.
    If I'm even more lurker in the next week or two, it's due to having gallbladder surgery on Wednesday. I might be surfing (as in NET surfing) by the next day, but no promises. It's supposed to be pretty cut and dry considering they're doing it laparoscopically. I'm just tired of being tired and my tummy/abdomen giving trouble.
    Happy anniversary Samanda thread!
    Oh yeah...I'd see an con Amanda attends if I can afford it.
    Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
    Hey Sun, we can be surgery buddies!! I'm having another surgery this Thursday, 21st ( just 3 months after the major back surgery) to have a troublesome right ovary that now has a plum sized cyst.... removed. I'm also having the Laparoscopy which they say recovery time is less, 3 days to a week. Mine isn't until 3pm! and outpatient which means I won't be home until 10ish that evening I doubt I'll be online at all.
    Want to compare scars?
    PS: My daughter has suffered from a gall bladder attack. I saw the misery she went through that night so I feel for your suffering. Glad you decided to get it out.
    (((Sun & Poz)))...hope you girls make an exponential recovery...will be thinking of you both!
    I had my GB out a few years ago...I had an acute attack...or something like that...it came on soo quick and was so bad they had me in the hospital before I could blink...I was in hospital for 4 days...came home on Tom's birthday...said it was his best present...little monkey...and recovery was a bit slow but needless to say....I'm now as fit as a mallee bull!!
    Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
    My husband and I have actually discussed how much Amanda looks like Meg Ryan, and I would love to see her do a romantic comedy...maybe something with Owen Wilson. Gabit attendies, didn't Amanda say she'd like to do a romantic comedy? I know she mentioned liking Owen Wilson's movies.
    I reackon Amanda does look a lot like Meg Ryan...or should that be the other way around...and I could so picture Sharon Gless form Cagney&Lacey playing her mum!
    As for Owen Wilson...love him but don't particularly want to see him and Amanda in a romantic comedy together...but would love to Amanda in a comedy...be it romantic or not!!

HAPPY SECOND ANNIVERSARY SAMANDA!!

Thank you Sally for giving us this thread and thank you Amanda for bringing us all together!!
    Wouldn't know how to find my first post...not sure if I want to either...it's probably pretty lame anyway...I've come a long way since I first started...and I still have a long ways to go!!

Good night all...take care, be safe and be happy!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      ok, as we enter that last frantic week of shoppping

what gifts would Sam buy for her teammates and why???
      Ok.... she'd give.......

PG answer, A 9 month wait!
      A new journal, inscribed To Daniel here's to 9 years of good times much love Sam xoxo
      A new hat that says "May The Force Be With You" on it
      A book on the USAF dress code for civilians working with the Military
      10 reasons good why she should commad SG1 and a belt to keep his pants on

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        How about some ski boots
        and then she'll do her best to make sure that he smiles
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

and then she'll do her best to make sure that he smiles
          ROTFLMAO!!!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I just wanted to fly by and say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I'm leaving school today for Christmas break and won't have the internet until I come back again in Jan., so that's why this is early.

Yay for 2 years of Samanda!!!

Everyone make sure to post lots so I have lots to catch up on when I get back!

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
            My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
            My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
            My Stargate Videos
            It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC View Post
              I just wanted to fly by and say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I'm leaving school today for Christmas break and won't have the internet until I come back again in Jan., so that's why this is early.

Yay for 2 years of Samanda!!!

Everyone make sure to post lots so I have lots to catch up on when I get back!
              You have a Merry Christmas as well and safe travels to you.
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                What would her teammates get for her?

This also cannot be posted on a PG forum.
                A subscription to 'Astrophysics', because she hasn't renewed hers since...ever.
                He would allow her to box out all her frustrations with him.
                Food...some kind of food...
                Her gift would be lessons on how to loosen up a bit.
                He would give her leadership of SG-1...or else.
                Wouldn't that be Landry's gift? Mitchell can sign a contract promising that he will not cause trouble, run off by himself, pretend to be a drug dealer, etc, for their next ten missions.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Gifts for Sam

would get Sam her very own ski boots

would give Sam a gift certificate to O"Mallys, so she can earn some money play some pool.

would give Sam his supscription to Dear Abby, where he learned how to give such good advice.

would give Sam Landry's chair.

would give Sam, yep you guessed it, command of SG1.
                  That I'd love to see - especially if she didn't bother asking Landry first.

Comment

ok, as we enter that last frantic week of shoppping

what gifts would Sam buy for her teammates and why???
                    Simpsons DVDs and a copy of her new book on wormhole physics - she dedicated it to him.
                    A gift certificate for an antique book shop. She would also talk Landry into giving him a week off to browse through the shop and decide what he wanted.
                    A lightsaber prop from the set of the last Star Wars movie.
                    I think she'd send him a set of the Harry Potter books, together with all the unusual desserts she could find.
                    A shopping spree, together with much needed advice on appropriate attire.
                    Several pairs of pants - or one, unremovable pair, though that would have a few drawbacks.

Comment

nah, you'd just need a barn door on the back

sigpic

Comment

LOLOL

now that would be funny.

sam walking into her lab, and the general's chair is there...and holy crud what DOES she do next????

sigpic

Comment

What would Sam give her team...?(Notice her team hehe)

Cake of the month club membership, ice fishing trip, Antiflatulence medication
                          Stock in Claritin and Kleenex, book club membership, Antiflatulence medication
                          Hair gel, Information on dangers of anabolic steroids, time travel to reverse Jaffa/ goa’uld slave relationship, country music Karaoke and line dancing lessons, Antiflatulence medication
                          Given a position back on the team, not to replace anyone tho , dinner out with the nurse he likes
                          Professional makeover, her own pirate ship and her own galaxy
                          Sports fantasy vacation – plays with a professional basketball team for a week
                          Last edited by tagger; 19 December 2006, 02:59 PM. Reason: speling :)
                          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                          Quint Studer

Comment

Oops, forgot one present...

Sam can't leave my little buddy Thor out...

Ability to reproduce normally, an asgard girlfriend, and then THOR babies
                            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                            Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                              Cake of the month club membership, ice fishing trip, Antiflatulence medication
                              Stock in Claritin and Kleenex, book club membership, Antiflatulence medication
                              Hair gel, Information on dangers of anabolic steroids, time travel to reverse Jaffa/ goa’uld slave relationship, country music Karaoke and line dancing lessons, Antiflatulence medication
                              Given a position back on the team, not to replace anyone tho , dinner out with the nurse he likes
                              Professional makeover, her own pirate ship and her own galaxy
                              Sports fantasy vacation – plays with a professional basketball team for a week
                              Loved this one, particulary Vala's! Her own Galaxy!

I'd send Sam to the bookshop.

'Understanding Your Archaeologist'
                              'Fishing for Dummies'
                              A razor and 'Why Bald is Sexy'
                              A Nigella Lawson Cookbook, I think Jonas would find her sexy!
                              'Zen and the Art of Motocycle Maintainance'
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Winnie-Ille-...e=UTF8&s=books

FF
                              Last edited by Frostfox; 19 December 2006, 01:01 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the well wishes green folks! And for all the well wishes here in the thread. I'm sure things will be fine, but this is the first majorish surgery I've ever had and I WANT MY MOMMIE!!! Yes, I am a MOMMA'S Girl and damn proud of it! I have the BESTEST MOMMA in the UNIVERSE.

Off to finish working for the day. Laters Samandans.

btw, I think having an Amanda con in SEATTLE would be a SWELL Idea!
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X